Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Nought new. I don't get the why people seem to think this is any different from before. It's not. So they thought things had changed? Lulz.

I admit - I thought things had changed. :rolleyes:

I blame Benny - he seduced me with talk of how great Cook and the new owners were. /shrine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:20 pm 
South East Citizen wrote:
Swales may be dead but his legacy lives on.

How old are you? Seriously. Do you actually remember the Swales era? Swales fucked this club properly for many many years. Our new owners are not even close. They have given us so much money, met pretty much every promise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 pm 
Bastard wrote:

I blame Benny - he seduced me with talk of how great Cook and the new owners were. /shrine

I still have the faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:21 pm 

Emigre wrote:
How old are you? Seriously. Do you actually remember the Swales era? Swales fucked this club properly for many many years. Our new owners are not even close. They have given us so much money, met pretty much every promise.

:rolleyes: :D

Swales had the best interests of the club at heart too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:22 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Talking of shrine, did anyone see the article in the Times today about us waiting in the wings to snaffle Aguero?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:23 pm 
Bastard wrote:
:rolleyes: :D

Swales had the best interests of the club at heart too.

Riiiight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:25 pm 

Emigre wrote:

I'm 29 and can remember the latter years of his tenure. Most of my opinions are formed from my Dad's bitching about him over the years tbf. My point was merely that things are no worse with interfering from above than they have been at any other time in City's modern history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:28 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
Talking of shrine, did anyone see the article in the Times today about us waiting in the wings to snaffle Aguero?

I'm quite sure Aguero got mentioned on TS about 5 minutes ago, but i wasn't really paying attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:30 pm 
I'm 29 and can remember the latter years of his tenure. Most of my opinions are formed from my Dad's bitching about him over the years tbf. My point was merely that things are no worse with interfering from above than they have been at any other time in City's modern history.

Fair enough. I do think they are very different though. The Swales era was a very dark time. No money, the refusal to give any money, promises that he would leave if we failed to win anything and then the refusal to leave. Death threats, the lot.

A million miles away from our new owners.

I cannot believe the level of overreaction the last few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:31 pm 

My point was merely that things are no worse with interfering from above than they have been at any other time in City's modern history.

It would be nice if things were significantly better though.

The events of the last month have a ring of Mike Ashley's Newcastle about them - the appointment of a director of football with no experience and against the manager's wishes; the not-so-secret whoring around to other managers while the current one's still in place; the broken promises; the shifty, weasel eyed lying in front of the press....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:36 pm 

Emigre wrote:
If any player hands in a transfer request over this then they are fully welcome to fuck right off. As a fan I do not get paid a shit load to care, I do so because I love the club and I am going nowhere so if they think they somehow care more than the fans then they are deluded.

I love Bellers and Shay but any kind of dissent from them that affects the next game and they will no longer be welcome in my view. I want players loyal to the club, not to one manager.

If I can move on then they have no excuse.

Totally agree. I learnt my lesson with Elano, supporting him and ignoring the rumours of descent. I don't have any time for that kind of shit now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:37 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:

and chelsea wanting to get it wrapped up sharpish because they think we'll snaffle him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:37 pm 

Bastard wrote:

The events of the last month have a ring of Mike Ashley's Newcastle about them - the appointment of a director of football with no experience and against the manager's wishes; the not-so-secret whoring around to other managers while the current one's still in place; the broken promises; the shifty, weasel eyed lying in front of the press....

Price you pay for having £200m to spend on players, rather than having to buy the likes of Corradi, Dabo, Bosvelt and various other 'ok' players who's best years are behind them I guess. Thing will settle down in time I'm sure. Hughes was always fighting an uphill battle once the new owners came in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm 

Chorlton wrote:
Totally agree. I learnt my lesson with Elano, supporting him and ignoring the rumours of descent. I don't have any time for that kind of shit now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm 

Bastard wrote:

shudder

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:40 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Isn't that how you spell it? Or are you just taking the piss? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:42 pm 

Chorlton wrote:
Isn't that how you spell it? Or are you just taking the piss? :o

:whistle:

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:43 pm 

Bastard wrote:
:whistle:

Did I really have to ask?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:46 pm 
Chorlton wrote:
Did I really have to ask?

Dissent. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:50 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Dissent. :D

Oh, of course. Doh! Braindead.

*slaps forehead*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next