Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:03 pm 

I agree with Bert. We are not going to make any spectacualr signings this time. And anyway, we don't need to. We have a fantastic squad of players right now. Mancini just needs to get the best out of them. If we qualify for the Champs League next season then we can attract some real quality to what we have. However, I can't see us signing more than 3-4 players in any season from now on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:11 am 

The names popping up on NewsNow are Ibrahimovic and Maicon. I think Mancini said he would love them at the club, but it doesn't necessarily mean he will try to buy them both.

I would love Maicon, not so much Ibrahimovic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:57 pm 

Seen this shite from the Guardian.

Manchester City

Budget £150m

What they need City have not conceded a goal since Roberto Mancini took over but the new manager will not be fooled. Before that, they had let in nine in the previous three Premier League matches, with only one clean sheet since August. Mancini could do well with two more centre-halves and a pair of full-backs. He may also want another right-winger, a possible replacement for Robinho – who is keen to leave – and a greater aerial presence in attack given Roque Santa Cruz's injury problems

Possible ins Angel di María (Benfica, £30m), Simon Kjaer (Palermo, £12m), Iván Córdoba (Internazionale, £4m), Maicon (Internazionale, £25m), Mario Balotelli (Internazionale, £25m), Matthew Upson (West Ham United £12m), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus, £20m)

Possible outs Benjani Mwaruwari (Stoke, Portsmouth, £1m)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:08 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

Manchester City

Budget £150m

What they need City have not conceded a goal since Roberto Mancini took over but the new manager will not be fooled. Before that, they had let in nine in the previous three Premier League matches, with only one clean sheet since August. Mancini could do well with two more centre-halves and a pair of full-backs. He may also want another right-winger, a possible replacement for Robinho – who is keen to leave – and a greater aerial presence in attack given Roque Santa Cruz's injury problems

Possible ins Angel di María (Benfica, £30m), Simon Kjaer (Palermo, £12m), Iván Córdoba (Internazionale, £4m), Maicon (Internazionale, £25m), Mario Balotelli (Internazionale, £25m), Matthew Upson (West Ham United £12m), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus, £20m)

I'm well up for the first two, the rest of them I don't know where they got those prices from - pulled them out of their arses as usual I suspect. Not sure if I even want any of them. Definitely don't want Upson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:10 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:

Manchester City

Budget £150m

You've hit the nail on the head with one word there. No way in hell is Mancini going to make mid season wholesale changes. I can see one or at a push two players to add depth to the back line, but any more is just not necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:19 pm 

The shite bit i was referring to was the Robinho - Keen to Leave- bit.Forgot to bold it up, though yes i do agree we don't need 7 players so that is indeed shite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:26 pm 

This all sounds like "a little too much and too many".
I don't believe even mancio would want 8 famous strikers and 17 defenders to coach,that's a bit too many and confusing,plus players themselves don't like that.
Some would also have to leave,decisions needs to be made,only 11 players get to start a game,only 22-23 during a season get a real chance to effectively play,no more,possibly less..

One operation i have a feeling it's a done deal may be Cordoba,who LOVED Mancini,unexpensive but very productive ,no risk ,a very experienced AND FAST ( check it out ,on you tube or something about Inter ,he is the quickest defender out there) a great ,safe operation for the "NOW",because Mancini knows exactly how to use him and he perfectly knows mancini,he is going to feel right " at home",more than he does now with "Mou".
He is a good one.

I feel also mancio needs and wants a left back,a LB before he needs a right one,a strong LB may be very expensive,there are'nt too many good ones out there ,but there is where you want to spend your money.

Maybe Criscito of Genoa,who is going to play the world cup in 2010 for Italy,costantly called by Lippi now.
Pretty strong,young,good both defensevely and offensively.
There are more thou...that is just an idea.

May be also a RB.
But someone should also leave.

Also ,maybe one,just one more solid ,all around good or defensive midfielder,to add to the group,even if a bench decent player,or a really good one,in rotation.

But:
If a forward,a wing or a striker,or an offensive midfielder,one or two offensive players arrive then it would have to be in replacement to another one leaving,one for one.
ManCity has no "scarsity "problem there,at least ,as far as the quantity of players goes actually...maybe this team is already got one too many to handle.

So,"decisions".. need to be made first.
Who leaves?
That is as important as "Who comes?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:48 pm 
Gallagheresque wrote:
The shite bit i was referring to was the Robinho - Keen to Leave- bit.Forgot to bold it up, though yes i do agree we don't need 7 players so that is indeed shite.

Ridiculous isn't it? If a player shows the slightest sign of being unhappy then he is apparently desperate to leave rather than just in a bad mood because he might have perhaps played badly. But when a player repeatedly says he is happy and is not leaving, somehow that manages to be ignored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:49 pm 
My guess, we will sign 3 players in this window. 2 of them will be defenders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm 

Emigre wrote:
My guess, we will sign 3 players in this window. 2 of them will be defenders.

xactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:08 pm 
Ade and Kolo must be cursing the African Nations right now. A brand new manager looking to spend the next month building and organising a side capable of challenging for a Champions League place and they are both well out of the picture in Africa. At least Lescott gets to hang around and remind Mancini that he will be up for it when fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:15 pm 

1813 GMT: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini thinks it is going be difficult to coax some of Serie A's top talent to the world's richest club.

Juventus centre back Giorgio Chiellini, Inter Milan forward Mario Balotelli, AC Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso have all been linked with moves to City in the January transfer window.

"Chiellini is the key to Juve's defence so it seems a bit difficult they would let him go. The same goes for Balotelli and Gattuso." (Reuters)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:45 am 

Not impressed.
1 whole day gone and we've signed absolutely nobody.
Sparky would be 2 or 3 signings to the good by now.

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:48 am 

This is pretty useless as i caught about the tail end of it on the radio and it was a bit muffled,On 5 live and i don't know who was talking but i think i heard in this order.... Harry Upset Mancini Richards and £15-18 million but 12 would be good.As i said it's a bit random but they have the world football phone in on at Half 2 so i'm gonna catch that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:49 am 

pintomcguinness wrote:
not impressed.
1 whole day gone and we've signed absolutely nobody.
Sparky would be 2 or 3 signings to the good by now.

tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:38 am 

apparently united are sniffing around hulk

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:39 am 

Welcome to him - he's gash

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:41 am 

Correctumundo

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:02 pm 

Not really a signing but glad to see the kid has ambition.

12.54 Promising midfielder Adam Clayton has opted against extending his loan at Carlisle United for the time being in order to try and force his way into the Manchester City team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:01 pm 

Bloody hope Not!!!

Juan Sebastian Veron has been linked with a shock £7million move to Manchester City.

The ex-Manchester United midfielder is said to be mulling over a £130,000-a-week contract to play under Roberto Mancini, his former team-mate, at Eastlands.

Veron, now captain of his hometown team Estudiantes in La Plata, played alongside Mancini at both Sampdoria and Lazio.
juan sebastian veron

City slicker: Veron could be set to link up with Mancini again

La Plata newspaper Hoy claims that the new City boss has directly approached Veron with the intriguing offer.

It is reported that Veron initially dismissed the thought of returning to the Barclays Premier League, where he endured a disappointing six-year spell with United and later Chelsea, following a £28m move to Old Trafford in 2001.

However, he has been asked to reconsider because the fee is so high that it is would pay for Estudiantes new stadium to be completed and is the equivalent of 10 years of operating losses for the Argentine club.

Stats Zone

The 34-year-old last week retained the award for the South American Player of the Year, marking a stunning Indian Summer for Veron.

After leading Estudiantes to glory in the Copa Libertadores in July, he was named the most valuable player in the tournament, which is South America's equivalent of the Champions League.

Veron was also a fixture in Diego Maradona's limping march to next summer's World Cup finals and is expected to be in Argentina's starting XI at South Africa 2010, despite being a critic of the boss.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1240840/Roberto-Mancini-trying-tempt-Manchester-United-old-boy-Juan-Sebastian-Veron-Eastlands.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0boxlWiMD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next