Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:22 am 

Hey there everyone. I am contributing these forums from Turkey. First of all I must say that this year i will cheer for Man City, not just because you guys built a great squad but also because i HATE MAN UTD.
anyway. I am a huge fan of galatasaray.. and yesterday Elano scored his first goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ROMVQmw_jY

i believe if mark hughes was not in charge of Man City than elano would probably stay with you guys.

How do you rate the goal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:24 am 

Arda371 wrote:
Hey there everyone. I am contributing these forums from Turkey. First of all I must say that this year i will cheer for Man City, not just because you guys built a great squad but also because i HATE MAN UTD.
anyway. I am a huge fan of galatasaray.. and yesterday Elano scored his first goal.

i believe if mark hughes was not in charge of Man City than elano would probably stay with you guys.

Good goal. The guy had a bit of an attitude problem and was having a negative effect on the team (apparently). His form also was very inconsistent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 am 

I see.
Well with no disrespect I believe Elano would not have attitude problems under Frank Rijkaard. But you would never know.

Will barry play in his place this season? or is it just ireland as a creative midfielder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:28 am 

Arda371 wrote:
I see.
Well with no disrespect I believe Elano would not have attitude problems under Frank Rijkaard. But you would never know.

Will barry play in his place this season? or is it just ireland as a creative midfielder.

Frank Rijkaard, who was excellent at keeping Ronaldnho, Deco and Eto'o in line...

Barry plays in a slightly more defensive role than Ireland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:29 am 

Arda371 wrote:

In his first six months with us Elano was outstanding but in the 18 months following his form was very up and down. Maybe him and Hughes didn't get on but I think it was best for all concerned that he left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:29 am 

cant wait for football manager 2010 to come out and manage man city...

crash and burn man utd guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:38 am 

I still heart Elano. And wish him all the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:44 am 

He veered between brilliant and bobbins and when he was bobbins he wanted to blame the manager.

Glad to see him go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:34 am 

He was always gonna be awesome playing for one of the best teams in a weak league where he wouldn't need to defend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 am 

That is a terrific left footed strike. :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 am 

Cloudy O'Rabia wrote:
He veered between brilliant and bobbins and when he was bobbins he wanted to blame the manager.

Glad to see him go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:39 am 

In the words of Alan Partridge, SHIT!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:51 am 

Arda371 wrote:

I've got an irrelevant (to this thread/forum) question for you Arda.
How have you rated Kewell's performance since he signed last season?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 am 

Kubrick wrote:
I've got an irrelevant (to this thread/forum) question for you Arda.
How have you rated Kewell's performance since he signed last season?

In 1998- and so on.. In his Leeds days, he was such a gem. For me he was one of the best players ever at those times.
Ever since he came to galatasaray he found back his form. Last year he was very good in the league and the UEFA cup scoring this goal to a 4-3 victory over bordeaux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_JazU0zLE

However he is just not as fast as he used to be... So in rijkaard system he will be a sub coming on 45th minute most of the time.
But when he plays he plays so good... His contract will expire this year and he had said that he would only stay 2 years in turkey than move back to England.
He came to Turkey to regain his fitness and his form... Also he is full of confidence again.
But guys trust me. His skills and shoots and pasess and crosses are still there with him.
So overall his performances are a gem with Galatasaray and Australian national team, however he is not fit to play consecutive 90 minute matches.
He tires off after 70th minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am 

Are there any other Brazilians or Portugese in your squad Arda? I can imagine Elano getting itchy feet sooner rather than later if he's not got any mates there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:03 am 

Arda371 wrote:
In 1998- and so on.. In his Leeds days, he was such a gem. For me he was one of the best players ever at those times.
Ever since he came to galatasaray he found back his form. Last year he was very good in the league and the UEFA cup scoring this goal to a 4-3 victory over bordeaux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_JazU0zLE

I posted that goal up here before - unbelievable strike. Like it was shot from a rocket launcher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I posted that goal up here before - unbelievable strike. Like it was shot from a rocket launcher.

My word, that is incredible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 am 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
Are there any other Brazilians or Portugese in your squad Arda? I can imagine Elano getting itchy feet sooner rather than later if he's not got any mates there.

Well we used to have Lincoln but he is sacked. Galatasaray squad does not like having more than 2 foreigners from the same country. In fenerbahce they got 8 brazilians and they are causing problems to the team. So whenever elano misses brazilians well he can always see alex, roberto carlos and dos santos and others cause they will all be living in the same city :)
We got
Kewell - Australia
Baros - Czech Republic
Abdul Kader Keita - Ivory Coast ( Why doesnt man city want to sign him? he is awesome and fast)
Tobias Linderoth - Sweeden
Elano - Brazil
Leo Franco - Argentina
Shabani Nonda - Congo

Though i admit that the squad is not as good as Man City's still more than enough for turkey and definitely good enough to get the Europe League this season.

Last year we got eliminated to Hamburg in UEFA cup. We were winning the second game 2-0 at home but last 30 minutes we conceeded 3 goals and lost 3-2 (all the defenders were injured so kewell had to play as a defender) and hamburg draw you guys in the quarters finals. I wish it was us instead of them.

I really admire Man City but i just cant understand why hughes is there. Maybe he is too good. I would not know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 am 

Looking at that video of Kewell, I did not know that Turkey got that cold. It looks freezing! Never been to Turkey mind you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:10 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Looking at that video of Kewell, I did not know that Turkey got that cold. It looks freezing! Never been to Turkey mind you.

Winter night innit.