Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Caicedo To Sporting
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:14 pm 

Several german media reportet that caicedo leaves city for one year on loan to Sporting.

No official statements yet i think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:25 pm 

It's a good move for both parties.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:17 am 

Kinda feel bad for the guy, to be honest. He really played well when Bellamy went down and scored some big goals for the club last year. He's a good player and shut up a lot of doubters last year. Hopefully we will see him playing back at the club in the near future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:24 am 
save me jeebus wrote:
It's a good move for both parties.

conker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 am 

Maybe he gets champs league before the rest of the city squad?

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:47 am 

I think they wanted him for around 5 mil but a season loan move is all we were offering. Its been going on for a couple of weeks, hopefully it goes through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:19 am 

Hopeless Corradi wrote:
I think they wanted him for around 5 mil but a season loan move is all we were offering. Its been going on for a couple of weeks, hopefully it goes through.

Thats about what we paid innit. Yeah loan him out. He showed plenty last year

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:36 pm 

never really been impressed with him tbh, dusnt do much apart from score afew tap ins.

well done to him for coming back into the side tho, looked shit wen first arived!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:49 pm 

elano89 wrote:
never really been impressed with him tbh, dusnt do much apart from score afew tap ins.

well done to him for coming back into the side tho, looked shit wen first arived!

Nowt wrong with tap ins. They all count.

His hold up play's fairly good, he's just not very good running past the last defender atm

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:00 pm 

elano89 wrote:

I cant quite make my mind up about him. I mean, Considering his age. And with his size, strength and build, if he can just improve his touch and close control then he'd have the chance to be a top striker. I do worry he isn't mobile enough though. I doubt he'll ever get any faster than he is right now. You'd think that size and strength would come in handy at set pieces like corners where there's a lot of holding and blocking in the box.
So lots of +'s and -'s for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:05 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
I cant quite make my mind up about him. I mean, Considering his age. And with his size, strength and build, if he can just improve his touch and close control then he'd have the chance to be a top striker. I do worry he isn't mobile enough though. I doubt he'll ever get any faster than he is right now. You'd think that size and strength would come in handy at set pieces like corners where there's a lot of holding and blocking in the box.
So lots of +'s and -'s for me.

Yeah, me too. I've never been smitten with him and I can't shake it, though he has definitely done OK. The fact he is the absolute spit of Xzibit is a plus though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 pm 

i think he can be a very good striker... he is still so young, and has lots to learn still... hope he gets lots of matches at sporting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:10 pm 

Benny wrote:
Yeah, me too. I've never been smitten with him and I can't shake it, though he has definitely done OK. The fact he is the absolute spit of Xzibit is a plus though.

That phrase, "spit" (spitting image), Did you know was originally 'Spit And Image'.
If you think you're the spitting image of your parents, you're forgiven. People have been messing this one up for decades. "Spit and image" was the original term, used from about 1825 on. The Oxford English Dictionary defined it as "the very spit of, the exact image, likeness, or counterpart of." "Spitting image" came about some 80 years later and was followed by a few other variations, including "spitten image" and "splitting image" (neither of which really caught on). In this case, "spitting image" has overtaken the use of "spit and image" for most English speakers. But when you're spitting out this phrase, take a moment to remember its original use and think about the image you're trying to project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:12 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
That phrase, "spit" (spitting image), Did you know was originally 'Spit And Image'.
If you think you're the spitting image of your parents, you're forgiven. People have been messing this one up for decades. "Spit and image" was the original term, used from about 1825 on. The Oxford English Dictionary defined it as "the very spit of, the exact image, likeness, or counterpart of." "Spitting image" came about some 80 years later and was followed by a few other variations, including "spitten image" and "splitting image" (neither of which really caught on). In this case, "spitting image" has overtaken the use of "spit and image" for most English speakers. But when you're spitting out this phrase, take a moment to remember its original use and think about the image you're trying to project.

I like that. So when I say spit, I'm not actually abbreviating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:15 pm 

Benny wrote:
I like that. So when I say spit, I'm not actually abbreviating.

Nope.

Here's another one I like.

Words that have changed meaning over time.

Decimate
It's hard to believe that such a simple word hides such a horrific history. The original definition of "decimate" was "to kill one in ten." The brutal practice was used by the Roman army beginning around the 5th century B.C. and was implemented as a way to inspire fear and loyalty. Lots were drawn, and one out of every 10 soldiers would be killed - by their own comrades. If one member of a squad acted up, anybody could pay the ultimate price. Captured armies often fell victim to this practice as well.

Today, "decimate" has lost that meaning, but some grammarians still like to preserve it ... at least in the sense of "to reduce by 10 percent." The "dec" prefix means "ten" - it's the same Latin root that gives us decade, for example. So to use "decimate" to mean just "destroy" contradicts the meaning of that prefix. (Note: Language snobs really get up in arms when someone says "totally decimate." Totally reduce by ten? We don't get it, either.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:18 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Nope.

Here's another one I like.

Words that have changed meaning over time.

Decimate
It's hard to believe that such a simple word hides such a horrific history. The original definition of "decimate" was "to kill one in ten." The brutal practice was used by the Roman army beginning around the 5th century B.C. and was implemented as a way to inspire fear and loyalty. Lots were drawn, and one out of every 10 soldiers would be killed - by their own comrades. If one member of a squad acted up, anybody could pay the ultimate price. Captured armies often fell victim to this practice as well.

Today, "decimate" has lost that meaning, but some grammarians still like to preserve it ... at least in the sense of "to reduce by 10 percent." The "dec" prefix means "ten" - it's the same Latin root that gives us decade, for example. So to use "decimate" to mean just "destroy" contradicts the meaning of that prefix. (Note: Language snobs really get up in arms when someone says "totally decimate." Totally reduce by ten? We don't get it, either.)

I knew the origins of that one, but hadn't thought about the change in meaning, interesting. Is this world wide words or something like that? I used to have one bookmarked but lost it over time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:24 pm 

Benny wrote:
I knew the origins of that one, but hadn't thought about the change in meaning, interesting. Is this world wide words or something like that? I used to have one bookmarked but lost it over time...

No, I do have world wide words linked though. This was just something I came across before. It was just a coincidence that you used one from the list 15 minutes after I read it.
http://www.neatorama.com/2009/06/29/words-that-changed-their-meanings/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:31 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
No, I do have world wide words linked though. This was just something I came across before. It was just a coincidence that you used one from the list 15 minutes after I read it.
http://www.neatorama.com/2009/06/29/words-that-changed-their-meanings/

BM'd for future whileawaying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:06 pm 

Will be quality experience for the lad if this is true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:13 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
a good player but not good enough to make the 1st 16 for me.
I feel a loan is good for him.....