Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:38 am 

EB: "... fine. You can go. Don't throw a bloody strop".

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:39 am 

"Daaaaaaaaaaamnn straight"

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:39 am 
"I got me passport an everyfink, lar."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 am 

"Right! I'm leaving!"

(to be said in the style of Rock Profile Elton John)

Back when they was funny

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:02 am 

Can I play?

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:48 pm 

Emmanuel Adebayor has taken another swipe at Arsenal fans by explaining how their Manchester City counterparts have inspired his free-scoring start to the season.

The 25-year-old felt Gunners supporters took their frustrations out on him last season and the Togo striker insists he is enjoying his football again following his summer move.

"As soon as you play for a team where the fans love you and are always behind you, you try to give them something back," he said.

"That is what I have been showing since I joined this club. It is the same with new players like Carlos Tevez and Gareth Barry - with the support from the fans, that motivates and makes you a special player."

After scoring three minutes into his City career with the opener against Blackburn, Adebayor has scored winners in away trips to Wolves and Portsmouth.

"We have three wins, three clean sheets, nine points - for us the most important thing is believing we can do something good," the £25million signing added.

"We'll see where the season takes us. We have to keep enjoying ourselves."

Gareth Barry's corner set up Adebayor for the winner at Fratton Park on Sunday, meaning City have already matched the two away wins in the league of last season.

"Ade is a great front man to hit, and when he attacks at corners with the leap he has there are not many defenders that can live with him," said Barry.

"We hope he's got a couple more of them left in him this season."

Adebayor is relishing his role in City's fluid front three, with Tevez and Craig Bellamy supporting him at Pompey and Robinho on the bench.

"In football there is one language," he added.

"If you know how to play football you have to adapt to whoever is on your side.

"We all know what a quality player Carlos Tevez is, and his ability. Playing alongside him is easy.

"It is the same with Craig Bellamy - he understands the game so well. We are enjoying ourselves, and that is why we are doing well at the moment. The fans are happy, and we are happy."

City boss Hughes is also impressed with Bellamy.

"Craig was exceptional," he said.

"His energy and willingness to work for the team and his ability to carry the ball from deep areas into the opposition half was invaluable for us.

"I wanted to play Craig because I felt if we did come under pressure he would be a good outlet for us.

"It wasn't a reflection on how 'Robbie' [Robinho] has done in the last few games - because he has been excellent - but it was horses for courses.

"I felt the ability Craig has would be a factor for us, and that is how it panned out."

Next for City are Arsenal and rivals Manchester United after the international break, meaning Adebayor will face the club he left this summer.

"They made me a better player and believed in my quality when I first came to England," he said of the Gunners.

"To play against them will be special.

"The boss gave me the chance to be where I am today. But the most important thing is Manchester City - I would give anything for the three points."

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:59 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
Emmanuel Adebayor has taken another swipe at Arsenal fans by explaining how their Manchester City counterparts have inspired his free-scoring start to the season.

The 25-year-old felt Gunners supporters took their frustrations out on him last season and the Togo striker insists he is enjoying his football again following his summer move.

"As soon as you play for a team where the fans love you and are always behind you, you try to give them something back," he said.

"That is what I have been showing since I joined this club. It is the same with new players like Carlos Tevez and Gareth Barry - with the support from the fans, that motivates and makes you a special player."

After scoring three minutes into his City career with the opener against Blackburn, Adebayor has scored winners in away trips to Wolves and Portsmouth.

"We have three wins, three clean sheets, nine points - for us the most important thing is believing we can do something good," the £25million signing added.

"We'll see where the season takes us. We have to keep enjoying ourselves."

Gareth Barry's corner set up Adebayor for the winner at Fratton Park on Sunday, meaning City have already matched the two away wins in the league of last season.

"Ade is a great front man to hit, and when he attacks at corners with the leap he has there are not many defenders that can live with him," said Barry.

"We hope he's got a couple more of them left in him this season."

Adebayor is relishing his role in City's fluid front three, with Tevez and Craig Bellamy supporting him at Pompey and Robinho on the bench.

"In football there is one language," he added.

"If you know how to play football you have to adapt to whoever is on your side.

"We all know what a quality player Carlos Tevez is, and his ability. Playing alongside him is easy.

"It is the same with Craig Bellamy - he understands the game so well. We are enjoying ourselves, and that is why we are doing well at the moment. The fans are happy, and we are happy."

"His energy and willingness to work for the team and his ability to carry the ball from deep areas into the opposition half was invaluable for us.

"I wanted to play Craig because I felt if we did come under pressure he would be a good outlet for us.

"It wasn't a reflection on how 'Robbie' [Robinho] has done in the last few games - because he has been excellent - but it was horses for courses.

"I felt the ability Craig has would be a factor for us, and that is how it panned out."

Next for City are Arsenal and rivals Manchester United after the international break, meaning Adebayor will face the club he left this summer.

"They made me a better player and believed in my quality when I first came to England," he said of the Gunners.

"To play against them will be special.

"The boss gave me the chance to be where I am today. But the most important thing is Manchester City - I would give anything for the three points."

I Friggin Heart Ade!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:00 pm 
Gallagheresque wrote:
I Friggin Heart Ade!!!!

We all do. I hearted him first though so he's mine. Step off G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:02 pm 

Everything about Ade just oozes class. He's one of those special footballers that can make the impossible look easy. I also had no idea how quick he was. thus far no defender has been able to match him for pace. Worth every penny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:11 pm 

To be fair, I think the list of players I heart has more names on it than the list of players I don't at the club. I weally weally heart Toure though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 pm 
DarloBlue wrote:
To be fair, I think the list of players I heart has more names on it than the list of players I don't at the club. I weally weally heart Toure though.

:D He is wery wery good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:24 pm 

Emigre wrote:
:D He is wery wery good.

He should be called woger, or wodewick, or bwian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:34 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:

Love is blind isn't it. I didn't think he was good on Sunday, yet alone exceptional. Not having a dig, I just don't think left wing is his best position.

I heart everything about Ade, even the way his voice goes up at the end of every sentence likea 15 yr old schoolgirl :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:47 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Love is blind isn't it. I didn't think he was good on Sunday, yet alone exceptional. Not having a dig, I just don't think left wing is his best position.
I heart everything about Ade, even the way his voice goes up at the end of every sentence likea 15 yr old schoolgirl :p

I thoguht the amount of defensive work he did was outstanding, and he was always available, robinho wouldn't have been able to put up much resistance against van den borre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:47 pm 

I don't see left wing as a good position for him too, though he didn't play badly at all. I see him more as a cover to Tevez or a good choice for a real tough away game, which might be the reason Hughes started him in the left wing after all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:15 pm 

How on earth can you have a go at Bellamy! I thought he played really well on Sat, in fact he's played well ever since he arrived at the club.
Hughes should have replaced him on the hour though and got Robi on IMO.

Apart from that no complaints.

Ade is God BTW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:35 pm 

KickerConspiracy wrote:
How on earth can you have a go at Bellamy! I thought he played really well on Sat, in fact he's played well ever since he arrived at the club.
Hughes should have replaced him on the hour though and got Robi on IMO.

Apart from that no complaints.

Ade is God BTW.

Zacly what I said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:43 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Zacly what I said.

Then we are in agreement sir.:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:45 pm 

KickerConspiracy wrote:
Then we are in agreement sir.:approve:

It's cuz we is leet, innit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:53 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
It's cuz we is leet, innit.

My new football team is called Seagoe 13.37.

Started around 10 years ago so i really don't why the name, just thought I'd let all know :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 875 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next