Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:18 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Vidic has not made the utd pre-season trip.....

hmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:20 pm 

blueinyorkshire wrote:

hmmmm

2 + 2 = Somerset

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:20 pm 

blueinyorkshire wrote:

hmmmm

Did cross my mind when I heard it as well.
Surely that would be a bit cheeky.

He did not play for Serbia the other week as he was injured.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:48 pm 

Arlborn wrote:
Lúcio is gone to Inter. I wonder who City will bring if Terry and Lescott don't come!

Carvalho?
Inter were after him weren't they? Now they have Lucio they presumably have given up the chase.

We could go for a job lot of Terry and Carvalho!

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:49 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Did cross my mind when I heard it as well.
Surely that would be a bit cheeky.

He did not play for Serbia the other week as he was injured.

Maybe thats whats rattled Taggarts cage....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:17 pm 

I say we are wasting plenty of time, and we haven't heard any response from Terry himself. It would be a good idea to move on to other targets (defenders).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:30 pm 

I realise i may be talking bollocks but one other potential benefit here is fucking Chelsea about, transfer wise.

The longer this goes on, the less time they would have to sign a replacement in the unlikely event Terry leaves.

Also, any potential signings could be looking at that and thinkin, hang on, why isn't Mr Chelsea committing himself to the club?

Could throw more of a spanner in the works than just taking their captain.

But then again, maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:34 pm 

And the longer it goes on, the less time we have to sign someone if he doesn't come. Swings and roundabouts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:37 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
And the longer it goes on, the less time we have to sign someone if he doesn't come. Swings and roundabouts.

That's the most important point. The season actually starts in less than a month, we need to have our squad ready before the first game against Blackburn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 pm 

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/114441/Move-can-give-you-grief-JT

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]MOVE CAN GIVE YOU GRIEF, JT[/SIZE]

DAVID BECKHAM has warned John Terry he could end up heartbroken if he quits Chelsea for Manchester City.

Beckham revealed yesterday he was so devastated at having to leave his beloved Manchester United, he could not bear to watch them for three years.

He said: “I don’t think John Terry will move because he is Chelsea through and through. But football is a business, so we will have to wait and see what happens.

“I would never have gone to another English club from Manchester United. At the time I didn’t want to leave, I wanted to be there for my whole career.

“But I knew that if I had to go it would be somewhere which was on a par with Manchester United or as close as possible – and obviously to me that was Real Madrid.

“But I missed United. I still supported them and wanted them to do well, but I couldn’t even bear to watch them on TV for the first three years just because it hurt me a lot. It hurt me to see Man United and not be involved.

“But I have watched them for a number of years now and it’s fine.”

Beckham also insisted money was not the key for Terry, saying: “Happiness is the biggest thing. JT is passionate about football, he is not passionate about money.

“He will decide on his football career. He is England captain and you don’t get that job for being greedy but because you are passionate about the game.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:20 pm 

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/89494/Come-n-join-us-Terry-/

Quote:
[SIZE="4"]COME ‘N JOIN US TERRY![/SIZE]

Shay Given has followed Manchester City boss Mark Hughes by sending a “come and join us” message to John Terry.

Keeper Given is excited by the expensive array of new attacking players being assembled at Eastlands.

But he knows you don’t win matches if you don’t defend well and thinks Chelsea and England skipper Terry would be a terrific buy.

Given said: “John Terry is one of the best defenders in the league.

“I don’t know him too well but, by all accounts, he’s a great leader on and off the pitch.

“The Chelsea boys will tell you he’s a top defender and a top captain.

“He is ‘Mr Chelsea’ so it would be amazing if we got him – and I hope that we do.”

The former Newcastle No.1 added: “As the gaffer said, sometimes a change is good for a player.

“Coming to City was a great opportunity for me.

“I’m just so grateful the gaffer chose me because he had the pick of any keeper in the world.

“I was devastated to see Newcastle get relegated but at the same time I feel so lucky to be in the position I am in at this club.

“I’m looking forward to what should be an exciting campaign. The aim is to be a winner after all these years.

“I came here to try to win a trophy – I have never won a major trophy, I just have a couple of cup final loser’s medals.

“It won’t happen overnight. It takes time to get players singing from the same hymn sheet but we want it to happen as soon as possible.

“The squad is getting stronger and we can only get better.” Summer signings Roque Santa Cruz, Gareth Barry and Carlos Tevez – worth a combined £54m – join their team-mates on tour here today after a 24-hour promotional visit to Abu Dhabi, home of club owner Sheikh Mansour.

And they could yet be joined by Terry – even though the centre-back was on the plane to Seattle with Chelsea yesterday.

Given said: “The gaffer knows his stuff and he knows who he wants to bring in.

“By the end of August, hopefully we’ll have the right players.

“There are so many signings and talk of more over the next few days so, just like a fan, as a player you are very excited by what’s happening and by the team we’ll be putting out this season.

“I was made aware of the ambitions of the club and the club is backing up what it has said and getting the players in.

“I just can’t wait for the first game of the season and to get going.”

City hope to clinch the £25m signing of Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor today and plan to fly him out to join the squad in South Africa next week.

Hughes said: “We are still in talks with some players and looking to make sure the balance of the team is correct.
“We do recognise we have to strengthen in some areas.”

With midfielder Barry and strikers Tevez and Santa Cruz on board, defence is now the priority.

Given joked: “We’ll probably win the first game 7-6 with all these new forwards!

“Tevez is a world-class player and his arrival is great for the profile of the club.

“He makes us much stronger as a team and as a squad.

“He doesn’t just score goals, he has amazing energy and should be great for us all round.”

Misfit City striker Felipe Caicedo is set to join Sporting Lisbon on loan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:45 pm 

Oh nice one Beckham
"Beckham also insisted money was not the key for Terry, saying: “Happiness is the biggest thing. JT is passionate about football, he is not passionate about money.

“He will decide on his football career. He is England captain and you don’t get that job for being greedy but because you are passionate about the game."

So then becks, as an England captain, what was the motivation behind your move to the mighty L.A. Galaxy then? £128 million over 5 years perhaps??

The things some people say :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 pm 

Troglodite wrote:
So then becks, as an England captain, what was the motivation behind your move to the mighty L.A. Galaxy then? £128 million over 5 years perhaps??

Beckham sticking his nose in where it's not wanted? Well I never!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:20 am 
Troglodite wrote:
Oh nice one Beckham
"Beckham also insisted money was not the key for Terry, saying: “Happiness is the biggest thing. JT is passionate about football, he is not passionate about money.

“He will decide on his football career. He is England captain and you don’t get that job for being greedy but because you are passionate about the game."

The things some people say :rolleyes:

I bet if he goes to City Beckham will claim it's only for the money. Being the thick twat that Beckham is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:11 am 

Have we signed the greedy fucker yet

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:09 am 

Why is it that Beckham has to stick his nose into our major transfer business once again? The ultimate mercenary, he's shown no loyalty with his move to the Galaxy which I'm sure was purely a footballing decision :whistle:. Then despite being paid an absolute fortune he runs off to other clubs at the drop of a hat to rekindle his England dreams, there's honouring your contract for you. His own team-mates are going public about it so behind the scenes the resentment must be enormous.

A prick of the highest order, would do anything rather than see us challenge the dominance of his beloved rags, that's the real reason in my eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:31 am 

:rolleyes:

Quote:
Noel Gallagher: Manchester City should not buy Chelsea's John Terry By Football Spy 17/07/2009

John Terry has been told to stay away from Manchester City - because he's a "Cockney cry baby".

In an astonishing attack, Oasis guitarist and City fan Noel Gallagher says he is horrified at the prospect of the England captain leaving Chelsea for a mercenary move north.

"I don't like John Terry and I never have," said Gallagher of the proposed move. He's got funny eyes and he's a cry baby. He's also a Cockney."

Gallagher also said he wanted nothing to do with Arsenal striker Emmanuel Adebayor. He added: "I have always had a great dislike for Adebayor. I don't like all that silly dancing by the corner flag."

Angry Adebayor is locked in a battle with Arsenal over a £ 2m loyalty bonus. The first he knew of his proposed switch was last week - he was told at the airport by Arsenal officials, when he returned from Togo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:34 am 

Beckham is a thick twat and he likes to shag skeletons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:05 am 

My skills in the English language are unfortunately insufficient to acurately describe what a fucking tool this guy is. There will be a new entry in the Oxford English Dictionary in a couple of years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 am 

Markered Man wrote:
My skills in the English language are unfortunately insufficient to acurately describe what a fucking tool this guy is. There will be a new entry in the Oxford English Dictionary in a couple of years.

Suggestions for the 2010 OED.

Beckham (Noun): A tool of the highest order - both moronic and hypocritical. Thought to derive from the surname of English footballer, David Beckham. (Eg, 'You're such a f*cking Beckham'. 'If you were any more moronic, you'd be a Beckham')

to DarloBlue (Verb): Sometimes shortened to to Darlo, refers to an internet forum phenomenon, whereby a forummer posts a message that is almost identical to a message posted by another forummer, normally just seconds after the first post. (Eg, 'I can't believe I keep on DarloBlue-ing'. ' :whistle:, Looks like someone's just Darlo'd')

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next