Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:24 pm 

he needs feeding

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:31 pm 

And him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:32 pm 

SSN reporting medical finished and ok. Looks like we just spent another chunk of the shiek's cash

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:33 pm 
Timpblue wrote:
SSN reporting medical finished and ok. Looks like we just spent another chunk of the shiek's cash

Good news. Now finalise the Tevez deal and the attack is sorted. Now to concentrate on the defence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:33 pm 

Timpblue wrote:

Has he got a twin brother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:40 pm 

This is from ssn

Quote:
Roque Santa Cruz is undergoing a medical at Manchester City ahead of his proposed move to Eastlands.

The long-term City target is finally set to complete his switch from Blackburn for a fee believed to be around £18million.

City manager Mark Hughes has been a big admirer of the striker ever since he signed him for £4million while still in charge at Ewood Park.

Following an impressive debut season in the Premier League, where he scored 18 league goals, Hughes tried to take the Paraguay international with him to City last summer but Rovers stood firm.

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce then managed to keep hold of his man during the winter transfer window despite further strong advances from the Blues and the player expressing a desire to move on.

But with the Rovers boss needing to raise funds in order to bring players in ahead of the new season City have finally landed their man, subject to a successful medical.

If the deal does go through, as expected, the 27-year-old will return to his old stomping ground a little sooner than he would have expected with Rovers hosting City on the opening day of the Premier League season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:42 pm 

I have got a txt saying that the medical is finished and all looks good. Can't confirm myself but its from SSN apparently (no access to a TV/feed at the moment).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:49 pm 

Markered Man wrote:
I have got a txt saying that the medical is finished and all looks good. Can't confirm myself but its from SSN apparently (no access to a TV/feed at the moment).

Confirm your source boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:02 pm 

I think this could mean Jo's number is up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:07 pm 

Timpblue wrote:

It's on the SS website now

skysports

Sky Sports News understands Roque Santa Cruz has edged a step closer to joining Manchester City after passing his medical.

The 27-year-old underwent a number of tests with the club's medical staff, a process lasting a total of four-and-a-half hours, with doctors paying considerable attention to the front-man's knee which kept him out for sustained periods last term.

The Paraguay international is now expected to travel to the City of Manchester Stadium where he is expected to put the finishing touches on his contract.

However, Santa Cruz is not expected to be officially unveiled as a City player until some time next week to allow for manager Mark Hughes to return from his holiday.

The City boss will be delighted with the news after trailing the former Bayern Munich man for some time.

The Welshman tried and failed to land Santa Cruz last summer when he left his post at Blackburn to take over at Eastlands. Hughes was not put off and went in for his former charge in January but after a drawn out saga Rovers again stood firm.

Finally it now seems that City have landed their man for a fee believed to be around £18million.

Santa Cruz will get the chance to return to Ewood Park a little earlier than expected, with Blackburn scheduled to host City on the opening day of the Premier League season.

Santa Cruz looks set to become City's second transfer of the summer after the signing of Gareth Barry from Aston Villa earlier this month.

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:08 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
I think this could mean Jo's number is up.

He's only 21 or something - loan him out to Everton or Fulham for another season. If he scored 15-20 goals keep him, if he's a bit shit get rid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:09 pm 

Now on the OS . .

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/default.sps?pageid=115&pagegid=%7BDBD12D53%2D8346%2D431D%2DA04F%2D5D0F8664DE80%7D&newsid=6634880&siteid=&pageno=&newscategory=&frommonth=4&fromyear=2009&tomonth=6&toyear=2009

Roque Santa Cruz has finally renewed his successful working relationship with Mark Hughes by becoming the delighted Blues manager's second major signing of the summer at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Hughes plucked highly-rated Paraguay striker Santa Cruz from Bayern Munich two years ago for Blackburn and he responded by scoring 23 goals in 43 games in a great debut season for Rovers.

City's boss was keen for Santa Cruz to join his Blues revolution both last summer and in January, when the clubs were unable to agree a deal, but now the 27-year-old centre-forward follows Gareth Barry into the senior squad.

Roque began his professional career in with Olimpia Asuncion in his home town, helping them to two championship titles and himself to the Paraguayan Footballer of the Year award in 1999.

His eye-catching form earned him a move to Germany and he spent seven years with Bayern, making 155 appearances and helping them to three Bundesliga titles, the domestic double, and the Champions League in 2001.

Roque's brilliant debut season for Rovers - including a hat-trick in a thrilling 5-3 defeat at Wigan - soon convinced other top managers that he would make the Premier League grade, but he went to the head of Hughes' wish list almost as soon as they had parted company at Ewood Park.

Roque made his debut for Paraguay as a 17-year-old and has gone on to win 60 more caps. He is expected to lead their attack at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and clock up a third appearance in the finals.

Quotes from Roque Santa Cruz will follow shortly only on mcfc.co.uk

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:14 pm 

Has he signed yet ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:15 pm 

blueduck wrote:
Has he signed yet ?

yep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:22 pm 

blueduck wrote:
Has he signed yet ?

he sure did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:25 pm 

Roque Santa Cruz
He's now come and joined the Blues
To play for his mate Mark Hughes
Roque Santa Cruz

Shit I know, but the first thing that came into my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:28 pm 

He'd better not run
He'd better not leap
Cause his knee will collapse and he'll fall in a heap
Santa Cruz is injury prone!

That's better. But I hope to God he stays fit and plays well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:30 pm 

I feel mean now. I think he's just the sort of player we need.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm 

O Blue wrote:
he sure did

Garry Cooke is hoping that RSC doesn't notice that the contract states that all he is entitled to is one replica training top for 5 years service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:33 pm 

What's all this bollocks about the transfer window being shut till 1st July then? He's sat in our manager's office in a City top signing stuff and posing for photographs.. Is his registration transfered on 1st July? What's the point?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next