Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 pm 

Benny wrote:
He's weally weally happy.

I think he's lovely.

funny ears though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:41 pm 

Scotty wrote:
Looks like the new away shirt is black after all as Toure has it on right now, i thought it may have been navy blue after the pics posted on hear. It is black:approve:

Is advertised now on the homepage mcfc.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:41 pm 

He's just gone straight into my "instant love" category. It's hard to define why, but I hearts him.

I missed the bit about "loving a woman" or was he talking about shagging? Oh how they laughed anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 pm 

He's number 28. Has that been posted before? Just seen it while they were snapping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:44 pm 

Benny wrote:
He's just gone straight into my "instant love" category. It's hard to define why, but I hearts him.

I missed the bit about "loving a woman" or was he talking about shagging? Oh how they laughed anyway.

He said that when you love a woman, and she loves you back you are reaaly really happy. And he then related that to joining City. I am soooo getting that away kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
He said that when you love a woman, and she loves you back you are weaaly weally happy. And he then related that to joining City. I am soooo getting that away kit.

Fixed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:47 pm 

He's a slut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:35 pm 

Summary of some of what was said...

Quote:
New Manchester City signing Kolo Toure has revealed his move from Arsenal to Eastlands has been on the cards for six months.

The 28-year-old defender has signed a four-year contract with City after ending a seven-year spell at Arsenal.

He follows former Gunners' team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor in joining Mark Hughes' side, but claims he knew he would be moving long before the Togo international's transfer.

"I think before Adebayor we knew," he said at his presentation.

"There was some talk about coming here. It's from six months ago."

Toure claims he had received offers from abroad, but never contemplated leaving the Premier League.

He said: "I was the last one in the 'Invincibles' team (the Arsenal side that went a whole season unbeaten in the league) and I was expecting to leave Arsenal.

"I think Arsenal are a really good team, but it was the right time for me to move.

"First I thought I did not want to leave England, even though other teams came in for me. But it was important not to leave for me and my family."

"Manchester City are a really good team and want to do something. I am really delighted to be here, the future is big."

Toure feels his new employers can challenge for the Premier League title next season.

He added: "Yes, I believe (so), that's why I am here. The quality is big, there are fantastic players here.

"I will give everything I have to make the club one of the best in England."

Hughes is waiting to see whether City will manage to further boost their defence by signing Joleon Lescott, with Everton confirming overnight they had rejected an £18million bid for the former Wolves centre-back.

"My understanding is that we've already done that and by all accounts Everton have rejected that," the Welshman said of the latest bid. "We'll wait and see."

Hughes has been impressed with what he has seen so far of 28-year-old Toure.

"We're absolutely delighted Kolo's here," he said. "Until you actually work really closely with a player, you have impressions from afar of the qualities they display for their clubs but once you get close up it's reassuring everything you've seen in the past comes to fruition. He's showed that in the space of time over one session."

He also claimed Toure would still have been purchased had the attempt to lure Chelsea captain John Terry to Eastlands been successful.

"I would say yes," he said in reply to that question. "We've looked at players we feel will help us.

"There's no difference in the quality of players we've targeted. We're looking at players who will be at the same level to help us progress. We have a list of category A players of the type that will enable us to be successful in the future. John Terry was on that list and Kolo very much so.

"We don't move from one player to a less player, we go from one player to next at that level.

"He's going to help us in a great way, his leadership qualities were evident this morning. He has the benefit of being at a top, top club. He understands the mentality you need, we've seen that already.

"We're progressing nicely. The business we've already done is exceptional. We're really pleased with the quality we've been able to bring in. Obviously there's still a way to go in the transfer window and we'll look at opportunities and see what we can bring in.

"They'll have to be top-quality players to improve us. There's always deals to be made towards the end of the window that just present themselves and are right for the club at that time."

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has tipped the revamped City squad to challenge for the Premier League title this season, but Hughes is not getting too excited by the hype.

"There's a number of managers in and around us that use our situation to possibly lessen expectations of their own club," he said.

"I don't think Martin's the only manager of teams that could potentially be in and around us that have mentioned we should win the title. It maybe eases the pressure on them."

A busy day at Eastlands yesterday also saw Nedum Onuoha sign a new five-year contract with the club, much to Hughes' delight.

"It was never in my thoughts to involve him in any deal," said the former Blackburn boss.

"We're delighted he's committed himself to the club. This is his club. It's important to have a core of players who have a real empathy for the club."

One player who will not be in Hughes' plans for next season is Brazil midfielder Elano, whose departure for Galatasaray was confirmed this morning.

"It's a big year for Ela, a World Cup year," said Hughes. "Obviously he wants to stay in and around the Brazil national squad. Obviously this year the guarantee that he would play week in week out wasn't there for him and I think that was key to his decision to leave.

"He's moved on and it's a good deal for the club and a good deal for him as well by all accounts. We wish him well."

While City's spending shows no sign of letting up, Toure says he is not concerned about the number of additional players who may arrive with designs on a first-team place.

"I'm just here to do my job and I just want the team to go forward," he said. "I leave everything to the manager and the board to do what they want to do but for me, I'm delighted to be here and give my 100 per cent to get the team on top.

"The team want to progress, the club wants to progress and everything the club does is to make sure we play at the top of the league and that's a really good objective and I'm on board now and I will do everything I can for the team."

Toure described the move as a fresh start for him after so many years at Arsenal, and used a colourful analogy to describe City's pursuit of him.

"They showed that they really want me and I'm wholly happy," he said. "When you love a woman and she gives you back the love you are really happy and that's what I can see at City.

"They have given me the love and I'm really delighted to bring them back the love.

"With Arsenal I was there seven years and when you play somewhere for seven years sometimes you need a change in your life and that's what I was thinking and then Man City came and they are the right club for me as they have a full project on view."

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:46 pm 

I wonder if we'll make one massive signing before end August.

Franck Ribery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:49 pm 

"Hearts Kolo"

Bayerns manager has said £80 million will get Ribery. We got it,lets have a shot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
Summary of some of what was said...

Quote:
New Manchester City signing Kolo Toure has revealed his move from Arsenal to Eastlands has been on the cards for six months.

If that is true, (and I believe it is) what was his brother Yaya doing saying in the press about 3 weeks ago that Kolo would never sign for city? You'd think he'd at least speak to his brother before sounding off about something he clearly knows nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:11 pm 

I'm debating how far off the top of my 'heart list' Kolo is. He's certainly the highest new entry.

1. Nedum Onouha (+3)
2. Stephen Ireland (-1)
3. Pablo Zabaleta (-1)
4. Shay Given (-1)
5. Vincent Kompany (=)
6. Kolo Toure (NE)
7. Carlos Tevez (NE)
8. Robinho (-1)
9. Shaun Wright-Phillips (-3)
10. Nigel de Jong (+1)

And then there is my 'un-heart list'

1. Sir Alex Ferguson (=)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:32 pm 

Quote:
When you love a woman and she gives you back the love you are really happy and that's what I can see at City.

They have given me the love and I'm really delighted to bring them back the love.

Sexy bastard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:34 pm 

Arsenal looking at bringing Viera back.:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
[quote="DarloBlue"]I'm debating how far off the top of my 'heart list' Kolo is. He's certainly the highest new entry.
My heart list, no movers or shakers as its my 1st list

1. Mark Hughes
2. Stephen Ireland
3. Gary Cook
4. Nedum Onouha
5. Richard Dunne
6. Vincent Kompany
7 SWP
8. Gareth Barry
9. Roque Santa Cruz
10. Pablo Zabaleta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:26 pm 

So this has been on for six months? I guess Yaya and Kolo arent that close?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
Arsenal looking at bringing Viera back.:D

smells of desperation to me

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:21 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
I was unsure when he was given the captaincy and now I can honestly say that I really respect Kolo Toure....
He has been coming out in the press saying all the right things and during the West Ham match he was shouting encouragement to the team throughout the match whilst doling out the odd bollocking....He seems to be the right type of a professional and I think Mark has made a very good decision in bringing him in and also making him the captain...
And I think we all take a deep breath in when he makes those attacking runs....
I think he's gonna be just fine and so will we....

Now he just needs to have a whisper in his brothers ear next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:36 pm 

Smells like bullshit to me.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-s-Kolo-Toure-wants-to-quit-Eastlands-article262947.html

Manchester City's Kolo Toure wants to quit Eastlands

Kolo Toure wants to quit Manchester City after less than a season at Eastlands.

It is another stunning blow for beleaguered City, and is the first problem new boss Roberto Mancini will inherit as he succeeds Mark Hughes.

Toure’s advisers have been hawking the defender to several Spanish clubs.

Toure joined City only in July in a £12million deal from Arsenal. And when long-serving Richard Dunne was forced to join Aston Villa after being told he was surplus to requirements,

Hughes made the 28-year-old his new captain.

Reports from Spain suggest Toure has failed to settle in the North West. And representatives acting on his behalf have approached both Barcelona and Real Madrid about the possibility of a deal being struck when the transfer window reopens in the New Year. Toure’s big attraction is that he is free to play in the Champions League.

His brother Yaya is at Barcelona, although he has been linked to a move to City after becoming disillusioned with life at the Nou Camp.

It remains to be seen whether Toure is an attractive proposition to either of Spain’s biggest two clubs, given City were the only ones to register an interest when Arsenal said they were willing to sell.

It is unlikely that new booss Mancini will allow Toure to move on as he bids to get City back on track.

Toure will be heading for the African Nations Cup later this month just as City find themselves struggling defensively.

Joleon Lescott is faced with a two-month lay-off after a knee operation. And both Micah Richards and Nedum Onuoha have failed to prove that they can fill the void in central defence.

Sunday Mirror Sport revealed last week that City will be following up their interest in West Ham’s £10m-rated skipper Matthew Upson in the January transfer window and Lescott’s injury has intensified the need for defensive reinforcements.

The news Toure is unsettled will not help Mancini as he takes the helm at Eastlands and bids to claim the top-four place in the Premier League demanded by Sheikh Mansour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 pm 

Let him go, he's shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next