Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 424  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 am 

Emigre wrote:
Judus. It's all about the money with him.

Apparently its to "Further his career"

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 am 

Robinho can fuck off too. First he's begging for a move to Barca, then he's saying the Real president is "an excellent person". Clearly trying to get back in the good books so he can go swanning off back to Madrid and link up with his best mate Kaka.

:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:56 am 

Bastard wrote:
Robinho can fuck off too. First he's begging for a move to Barca, then he's saying the Real president is "an excellent person". Clearly trying to get back in the good books so he can go swanning off back to Madrid and link up with his best mate Kaka.

Maybe Blumer can follow him too. I dont like tone of that young man

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Sunderland have joined what now appears to be a three-way battle to sign Richard Dunne from Manchester City this summer. Stoke City and Tottenham Hotspur are believed to be the other two clubs to have expressed an interest in the centre-half, who is said to be available for around £5m as Mark Hughes rejigs his squad at Eastlands.

Arsenal's Kolo Touré has been linked with a move to City since the beginning of last season, and Everton's Joleon Lescott is also seen as a target. Should Dunne leave, that would seem to signal the arrival of one or both of those defenders. City may have to pay as much as £15m-£20m for either Touré or Lescott but money is unlikely to be a hazard to them.

With the new Sunderland manager Steve Bruce having identified central defence as a position he needs to strengthen, Dunne would be an ideal fit at the Stadium of Light. Bruce spoke last week at his unveiling on Wearside of shopping at a higher level than at Wigan and Dunne would fall into that category.

With Nyron Nosworthy injured for much of last season, Sunderland signed two centre-halves, Calum Davenport and Tal Ben Haim, on loan as cover, but both have returned to their clubs and Dunne would be an experienced partner for Anton Ferdinand. Nosworthy will also be available again next season.

At 29, Dunne has had another strong season with City. He joined in 2000 from Everton for £3m and was made club captain three years ago. It is only 12 months since he signed a new four-year contract at City, but the new wealthy ownership means the club are looking to recruit heavily this summer in order to mount a serious challenge to the top four next season.

Don't really wanna see the lad go but it's looking likely he may do and if he does I wish him all the best and Thank you. Been a great servent to the club.

they can all fuck off. dunne is better than those teams, and should not in any circumstances be sold. if he went to barca i'd question his judgement, but wouldn't begrudge him some time in the sun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:11 am 

guardian rumour mill

So with the Champions League final, the FA Cup final, and now the prestigious England v Andorra end-of-season jamboree out of the way, that's it for football in 2008-09. Which probably means you already have close-season rumour fatigue. Bah. Doesn't make our job any easier, that. Still, let's grit our teeth and get through it. So here, in reverse order, are the most interesting rumours floating around at the moment.

837,374: Cristiano Ronaldo will join Real Madrid for £85m, according to reports in Sp… no, we can't be bothered to finish that one.

13: Robinho wants to join Barcelona. "I've not received an offer," he admits. No? Really?

12: Didier Drogba doesn't want to move to Manchester City. He wants to stay at Chelsea. Is this a rumour? A football transfer rumour?

11: Arjen Robben is surplus to requirements at preening glam rockers Real Madrid, as he doesn't have enough hair and refuses to purchase a pair of stacked heels. Despite looking like Roxy Music-era Brian Eno, a bit, sort of, Real are prepared to offload him to Manchester City. Or Manchester United. Or Liverpool. They're making this one up, aren't they.

10: Fulham want Blackburn midfielder Steven Reid. Go on, you try to get an angle on that one.

9: Watch out the Championship! Dennis Wise comin' straight atcha! He's applying for the vacant manager's job at Watford.

8: Wolves are going to sign Reading keeper Marcus Hahnemann on a free transfer. Note how this is more interesting than the Cristiano Ronaldo story. It is more interesting than the Cristiano Ronaldo story.

7: Middlesbrough want Colchester winger Mark Yeats. He'll replace the departing Stewart Downing, who is joining Gloy, with a view to being boiled down for etc, and so on, and so forth.

6: Birmingham's Alex McLeish, who is an above-average coach but hasn't been able to sign decent players to save his life, not at Hibs, not at Rangers, and not at St Andrews, wants Coventry defender Scott Dann. Dann should probably sue for the slight on his reputation.

5: Newcastle are going to have a fire sale, getting shot of Fabrizio Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Obafemi Martins, Bill Brewer, Shola Ameobi, Xisco, Peter Davy, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton, Jonás Gutiérrez, Dan'l Whiddon, Harry Hawke, Geremi, Uncle Tom Cobley and all.

4: Andrea Pirlo hasn't ruled out a move from Milan to Chelsea. "Maybe," he says. "We will see." Thank you, my Rumour Mill!

3: Sunderland, Stoke and Tottenham Hotspur all want Richard Dunne, the Manchester City defender and one-man Republic of Ireland team. Daniel Sturridge is on his way out of Eastlands too, heading for West Ham. City are in danger of losing the thread totally here. What was it, 1976? Manchester United fans need not worry about changing those banners yet.

2: Alan Irvine of Preston will take over at West Bromwich Albion when Tony Mowbray takes his aesthetically pleasing press clippings about his less than aesthetically pleasing list of results to Celtic.

And that's it. Hold on, there's not a No1! There's not a Most Interesting Rumour! How does that work, then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 am 

Bastard wrote:

He's quite blatently arse licking the Spanish clubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:09 am 

bigdavecox90 wrote:
He's quite blatently arse licking the Spanish clubs.

See it was obvious Bastard was joking, but with you i'm not sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 am 

We should let Robbie go to Barca on the proviso they keep their hands off Dunney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:21 am 

Squidge wrote:
See it was obvious Bastard was joking, but with you i'm not sure.

i get the distinct impression it was meant as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:29 pm 

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_5374863,00.html

Please be city!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:34 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
South East Citizen wrote:
We should let Robbie go to Barca on the proviso they keep their hands off Dunney.

Let him go with Messi and Iniesta coming our way...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:45 pm 

blueinyorkshire wrote:
Let him go with Messi and Iniesta coming our way...

Just Iniesta would make me happy.

Messi is too similar to the Ladyboy for my liking. Bags of skill, but a right cheating ****.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:50 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Just Iniesta would make me happy.

Messi is too similar to the Ladyboy for my liking. Bags of skill, but a right cheating ****.

Awful just a really really terrible statement, messi is absolutley nothing like ladyboy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:53 pm 

LegendKiller63 wrote:
Awful just a really really terrible statement, messi is absolutley nothing like ladyboy

he looks crap in a chiffon ball gown for a start. not got the height, see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:54 pm 

Valencia have recieved a bid for Villa from outside spain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:57 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:

Chelsea, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:01 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:

That was the sky link I put on the page before.

looking in the Spanish press, it says the Chelsea representative in Spain said they were interested but Valencia wanted too much (48m€) and that talks were in an advanced stage with.......................................Real Madrid :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:02 pm 

not us, won't go to chelsea either i reckons.
he will be in madrid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:02 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:

Been turned down though whoever it was, he wants to join Real, bit of a sell out IMO, considering he seems to love valencia so much then he goes and joins probrably their biggest rivals, Im sure I read somewhere that he would never play for another club in Spain, I think today is the day i realised that football has become a farse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:04 pm 

LegendKiller63 wrote:

He is a right Cheating fooker, Scored with his hand in one game al la someone else from his country!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8466 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 424  Next