Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:11 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:34 pm 

Is that our 3rd kit as my avatar? lol Imagin that! some silly pic's going about..

ps I cant work how to paste it on here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:38 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
i dont rate hoyte. traore looks good but i doubt we could get him away from arsenal.

werent we close to signing traore under pearce?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:39 pm 

magic mike wrote:
Is that our 3rd kit as my avatar? lol Imagin that! some silly pic's going about..

ps I cant work how to paste it on here?

Post it as an attachment x

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:41 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
werent we close to signing traore under pearce?

that was prob djimi traore. wouldnt want him. he just cant, he just cant, he just cant control his feet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:48 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
that was prob djimi traore. wouldnt want him. he just cant, he just cant, he just cant control his feet.

Yes it was, and there was a collective sigh of relief when he went elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:54 pm 

ESM wrote:
What about Bojinov? or even Bianchi?

We seem to be rapidly 'doing a Spuds' with our strikers, we could ebd up with 11 or 12 by the start of the season.

Well Bojinov's played about 5 minutes of football, and Bianchi hasn't settled in the UK or the Premiership. I expect Bianchi to go, but Bojinov would be challenging for a position up front (one of three if we played a similar system to the rags - I'm still not sure what sort of striker he is, because his goalscoring record isn't great). I'd be happy for all but Benjani, Bojinov, Caicedo, Sturridge and Evans to go (and Castillo, if you count him as a striker). 3 younsters and 2 older strikers seems okay, plus whatever we buy in the summer. Evans would probably go on loan again. I actually think that the strikers we have are good enough to put them away if we create enough, which is why I like the idea of Arshavin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:34 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Well Bojinov's played about 5 minutes of football, and Bianchi hasn't settled in the UK or the Premiership. I expect Bianchi to go, but Bojinov would be challenging for a position up front (one of three if we played a similar system to the rags - I'm still not sure what sort of striker he is, because his goalscoring record isn't great). I'd be happy for all but Benjani, Bojinov, Caicedo, Sturridge and Evans to go (and Castillo, if you count him as a striker). 3 younsters and 2 older strikers seems okay, plus whatever we buy in the summer. Evans would probably go on loan again. I actually think that the strikers we have are good enough to put them away if we create enough, which is why I like the idea of Arshavin.

Bojinov is very similar to how Rooney plays. He will be very good for city, and I reckon hes the type of player hughes wants in his side. Hopefully alongside Jo for the hard work and Muscle. I think we should have Jo(when he signs) Bojinov, Sturridge, Evans and another new striker(or even Bianchi). I don't think we will be playing with Benjani and Caciedo. I rate them both but think the others above will be better and these two are just getting in the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:32 pm 

Just want to echo the shouts for Arshavin. We should bend over backwards to sign this man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:38 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
Just want to echo the shouts for Arshavin. We should bend over backwards to sign this man.

it'd make the shaving easier...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:51 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:

Incidentally, should we even care about transfer fees? Wouldn't the transfer fees effectively be coming out of Frank's money? It's wages that I would be bothered about, but £50-60k for a first team player in a club that's supposed to be challenging for Europe isn't a massive amount imo. Ronaldinho bothers me more, just because of the huge wages involved. I'd rather pay a huge transfer fee for Ronaldinho and have him on £100k a week, than pay no transfer fee and have him on £200k a week. I just don't like the idea of our club being contracted to pay a wage that they couldn't pay without the owner, whereas the transfer fee is a one-off thing. Once he's paid it, it's done. But Ronaldinho looks like a massive transfer fee and ridiculous wages. :mad:

I bet I'm talking bollocks though, because all of these transfer fees are paid for like a DFS sofa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:53 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Incidentally, should we even care about transfer fees? Wouldn't the transfer fees effectively be coming out of Frank's money? It's wages that I would be bothered about, but £50-60k for a first team player in a club that's supposed to be challenging for Europe isn't a massive amount imo. Ronaldinho bothers me more, just because of the huge wages involved. I'd rather pay a huge transfer fee for Ronaldinho and have him on £100k a week, than pay no transfer fee and have him on £200k a week. I just don't like the idea of our club being contracted to pay a wage that they couldn't pay without the owner, whereas the transfer fee is a one-off thing. Once he's paid it, it's done. But Ronaldinho looks like a massive transfer fee and ridiculous wages. :mad:

I bet I'm talking bollocks though, because all of these transfer fees are paid for like a DFS sofa.

100% agreed.

Look at the Chavs. They made an operating loss of some stupid amount the last 2 years because of transfers and wages. If Roman gets bored, that club is bankrupt.