Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:21 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
and if Benzema does well in this tournament I want everybody to know I spied him first. With my own little eye.

Jeebus you know there's a thread about Villa and Silva he shouldn't say he metioned it on here first when there's proof he didn't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:23 pm 

I hope the lack of movement on the transfer front is because Hughes is assessing what he has and looking carefully at alternatives. However if we don't see some movement in the next couple of weeks then itmay be too late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:50 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
I read an article this week where a premiership manager had said he will not be signing any players on the strength of their euro tournament performances. You need to do a lot more homework on the players than that. I cant remember which one said it though.

But I 100% agree with it.

Like Castillo?

It's a good policy in general, but only when it comes to players you hadn't considered previously. Everyone knew how good Podolski was before he came into this tournament so there's no risk there. Or some of us did anyway, and had the foresight to put him in our fantasy football team. ;)

As for Villa, I've got Football Manager from 2 seasons ago, and he's worth about £30m on that, so it's not as if he was an unknown talent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 am 

looks like a move for about 20 mill

Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski is being targeted by Manchester City. A move for the German is likely to cost City £20m. (The Times)

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:15 am 

Timpblue wrote:

Bayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski is being targeted by Manchester City. A move for the German is likely to cost City £20m. (The Times)

For 20 mill i dont think he's worth it. Any striker we get linked with for around 20 from now on i think should be compared in context with Torres before he went to Liverpool. Does he have that kind of strength, speed, finishing? Is his growth curve on pro evo good :p? That sort of thing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:39 am 

Timpblue wrote:

A great player IMO. Doesn't just play as an out-and-out striker, but is happy to play out wide when required, or behind the front striker(s).

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:50 am 

micah4England wrote:
hey i metioned Villa before he got a hat-trick last week there's a thread about called Villa and Silva

You're young (I think). You'll learn.

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:57 pm 

ESM wrote:
Lukas Podolski admits that he could be leaving Bayern Munich this summer. The German international has had a disappointing season at the Allianz Arena and will be deciding on his future after the Euros.

"I have made it clear to him (Klinsmann) that I am unhappy with my situation in Munich," Podolski added.

"He knows what he has in me. He has even said that he understands my problems. We shall sit down together after the Euro and see what happens."

The BBC Rumour Mill suggested that Man City could be in the race to sign the German. Manchester City tried to bring Podolski during the January transfer window, but their £12million bid was rejected

From SSN, although the source of the rumour means it's 99.9% bollocks.

Hur hur.