Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Will Ronaldinho join us for next season?
Yes definitely (it's a done deal) 29%  29%  [ 10 ]
I'll sit on the fence (I'm not sure) 54%  54%  [ 19 ]
I don't think so (never gonna happen) 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: goofy
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:06 am 

I think money could be spent better elsewhere.If we won any silverware with him i would feel like we'd payed for it.A bit like Blackburn under Walker..and the rags under fergie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 am 

stalybridgeblue` wrote:
I think money could be spent better elsewhere.If we won any silverware with him i would feel like we'd payed for it.A bit like Blackburn under Walker..and the rags under fergie.

You're not being serious right? After the past 30 years we finally win something and get to see Ronaldhino, who helps us achieve it, you wouldn't be happy because we bought it? The ONLY way to be successful these days is to spend big.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:36 am 

The second option doesn't quite fit for me. I'll go with:

Option 4: way past caring whether does or not.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:51 am 
stalybridgeblue` wrote:

Arsenal, Blackburn, Chelsea, Rags, (Leeds in the old 1st div days) name one team that has won the premier league title since it began without spending big. So if you want to call it buying the league, then fine. I'll take that.

The days when the league title were 'free' are long gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:44 pm 

Yes you're right Emigre.I just remember feeling that Rovers in particular were phoney champions,but sadly thats the way it is now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:46 pm 
stalybridgeblue` wrote:
Yes you're right Emigre.I just remember feeling that Rovers in particular were phoney champions,but sadly thats the way it is now.

Indeed. I sometimes lament the old days when anyone had a shot at winning the title, but even then it usually went to Liverpool. Still, progress is progress and things move on. I'd be happy to win the prem in the next 3 years with Thaksin's money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:58 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Indeed. I sometimes lament the old days when anyone had a shot at winning the title, but even then it usually went to Liverpool. Still, progress is progress and things move on. I'd be happy to win anything in the next 3 years with Thaksin's money.

Fixed it for you

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:00 pm 
the ghost of gibbi wrote:
Fixed it for you

Subtle distinction but one well made. Anything would be good. UEFA cup would be superb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:03 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Subtle distinction but one well made. Anything would be good. [color="Red"]UEFA cup would be superb[/color].

Oh the dreams hey!

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:50 pm 

If we were to win anything in the next few years, I'd put money on us having more homegrown players than pretty much every other title or cup winning team in recent memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:55 pm 

stalybridgeblue` wrote:

still just eleven men playing against eleven men.
as long as we buy players who play for the club and battle together as a team then i dont care how much they cost.
buying through bribery is wrong, investing in quality is something to celebrate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:29 pm 

i'm really looking forward anyway.Never thought i'd forgive em for sacking sven and a few days later here we are,hughesy in charge and ronaldinho could be on his way!.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:32 pm 

stalybridgeblue` wrote:
i'm really looking forward anyway.Never thought i'd forgive em for sacking sven and a few days later here we are,hughesy in charge and ronaldinho could be on his way!.

Hmmmmm....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:25 am 

Manchester City midfielder Elano has urged Brazil team-mate Ronaldinho to join him at the club.

Elano is with the Brazil squad in Boston for the friendly against Venezuela later on Friday and spoke excitedly about the prospect of the former world footballer of the year swapping the Nou Camp for the City of Manchester Stadium.

"We surely recommend him, and it would be hugely satisfying for me," Elano said.

"There is interest yes, but only Ronaldinho can decide what is best for him.

"I can only say that I know Manchester City and they have a great infrastructure and it is a good place to place."

Ronaldinho appears all but certain to leave Barcelona this summer and new Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has made clear his interest in signing the 28-year-old.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:28 am 
Labmonkey wrote:
Manchester City midfielder Elano has urged Brazil team-mate Ronaldinho to join him at the club.

Elano is with the Brazil squad in Boston for the friendly against Venezuela later on Friday and spoke excitedly about the prospect of the former world footballer of the year swapping the Nou Camp for the City of Manchester Stadium.

"We surely recommend him, and it would be hugely satisfying for me," Elano said.

"There is interest yes, but only Ronaldinho can decide what is best for him.

"I can only say that I know Manchester City and they have a great infrastructure and it is a good place to place."

Ronaldinho appears all but certain to leave Barcelona this summer and new Manchester City manager Mark Hughes has made clear his interest in signing the 28-year-old.

Does Elano want his mate there, or an excuse for a pay-rise. I'll go with the former, hoping if this happens, the latter won't be an issue.

As you might have seen from my various posts the last week, I have both feet firmly anchored on the side of optimism and shall continue to do so right up till the first game of the season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:40 am 

Emigre wrote:
Does Elano want his mate there, or an excuse for a pay-rise. I'll go with the former, hoping if this happens, the latter won't be an issue.

As you might have seen from my various posts the last week, I have both feet firmly anchored on the side of optimism and shall continue to do so right up till the first game of the season.

If that other story this morning is true, maybe he wants a drinking buddy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:36 pm 

Ronaldinho's brother and agent has insisted Chelsea and AC Milan are still interested in signing him.

Manchester City have been the most vocal in their desire to take him from Barcelona, with the Catalan giants ready to sell the Brazilian superstar.

Chelsea and Milan have been long-term suitors of Ronaldinho, and his brother and agent Robert de Assis insists they are still interested in making a move.

"City want him, but there are other clubs still interested," De Assis is quoted in the Catalan press.

"Chelsea wants Ronaldinho and Milan has still not given up on hiring him."

Assis says that he does not expect his brother's future to be resolved in the near future.

"There will be no important news about Ronaldinho in the coming days," he said.

"He wants to be holiday quietly in Porto Alegre [his hometown] and wants to recover well and not rush his recent injury."

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:37 pm 
Labmonkey wrote:
Ronaldinho's brother and agent has insisted Chelsea and AC Milan are still interested in signing him.

Manchester City have been the most vocal in their desire to take him from Barcelona, with the Catalan giants ready to sell the Brazilian superstar.

Chelsea and Milan have been long-term suitors of Ronaldinho, and his brother and agent Robert de Assis insists they are still interested in making a move.

"City want him, but there are other clubs still interested," De Assis is quoted in the Catalan press.

"Chelsea wants Ronaldinho and Milan has still not given up on hiring him."

Assis says that he does not expect his brother's future to be resolved in the near future.

"There will be no important news about Ronaldinho in the coming days," he said.

"He wants to be holiday quietly in Porto Alegre [his hometown] and wants to recover well and not rush his recent injury."

Trying to push his price up are they. We need to put in a reasonable bid, based on an affordable salary and 15mil tops. They can then accept it or leave it and we can move on.

We need to avoid any kind of bidding war.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:01 pm 

I've never understood this idea that you can buy the league. You can't. No amount of money can guarentee success.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:18 pm 

Squidge wrote:
I've never understood this idea that you can buy the league. You can't. No amount of money can guarentee success.

and why do united never get accused of this? Rooney £30m Ferdinand £30m Ronaldo £14m Nani £18m Hargreaves £18m Carrick £18m Anderson £21m Teves £20m

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next