Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

Are you happy with us signing Bellamy?
Yes 73%  73%  [ 58 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:29 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
they are what we need, we score hatfuls already, ergo we need no bog-standard striker. we needed someone exceptional, an owen (on his day), a torres, a villa. not a bellamy.

You see I think we needed someone to lead the line. Robbie does it for 70 minutes, then disappears. Bellers can do it for the full 90

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
I suppose I see your point, and after the disappointment of losing out on Kaka, it is a bit shit, but on the flipside we have a player who will grind and graft for the full 90 minutes, and will put in 100% whenever he plays. I do agree with you when you say £14mill is ridiculous though

that just describes vassel...

You see I think we needed someone to lead the line. Robbie does it for 70 minutes, then disappears. Bellers can do it for the full 90

i'd look to ireland to do this, or swp, or robinho. i'm of the opinion that the captain should be either defender or midfielder, and should be the driving force of the team. on this seasons transformartion, in playing terms and maturity, i'd give the armband to ireland in a heartbeat.

hainvg said all this, i may be able to form some affection for him if he were to break both of showponies legs and then twat gary neville in the ensuing fist fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm 

Similarly, you said aggressive posts are amusing, so why can I not be aggressive? I fucking love Manchester City (I'm not for one second doubting your love of the club) and fair enough, there are players at the club I don't want there, such as Dunne at the moment, but I don't slag him off, I get behind him.Similarly with the abuse Vass has been receiving, he needs people to support him, not slag him off.
Now not for one second am I suggesting you change your opinion of Bellamy, as I have said, I also think the guy's a twat off the pitch, but I don't think there's any denying that he is exactly what is needed at the moment. While it was nice being linked to Kaka, we all knew he wasn't exactly what we needed, just a niceity. Bellamy, De Jong, Bridge and a centre back are exactly what we need

There is a big difference between them pair and Bellamy. Dunne and Vass are honest men and don't/wont cause trouble within the club. Bellamy's antics in the past mean he is starting in the red for me and would have to do something worthy of canonisation for him to get close to being in the black.

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:35 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Was just a general yawn, Gibbi. Not directed at you in particular. This place has turned into a Piranha infested river

Conker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:37 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:
There is a big difference between them pair and Bellamy. Dunne and Vass are honest men and don't/wont cause trouble within the club. Bellamy's antics in the past mean he is starting in the red for me and would have to do something worthy of canonisation for him to get close to being in the black.

So the reason you don't like him is his off the pitch antics?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:38 pm 

the fact is this, 57% of people on here want him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:40 pm 

Hardly a majority though is it bassy, and hardly an even spread of City fans that have been asked, so can't really be applied to all the fans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 pm 

Hardly a majority though is it bassy, and hardly an even spread of City fans that have been asked, so can't really be applied to all the fans

No, but i imagined 100% wouldn't want him. So at least it shows that a fair few people will judge him after he's put a blue shirt on, not for misdemeanours of the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:42 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
the fact is this, 57% of people on here want him.

and 43% don't. that's pretty close run that is.
hanging chads are to blame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 pm 

and 43% don't. that's pretty close run that is.
hanging chads are to blame.

The people that refuse to give someone a chance are the holier than thou brigade. Probably go to church once a year, and think it's alright to look down on others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:46 pm 

The people that refuse to give someone a chance are the holier than thou brigade. Probably go to church once a year, and think it's alright to look down on others.

Not true. They're the once that have an opinion and have stuck to it, like I have. Twat off the pitch, good player on it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm 

Not true. They're the once that have an opinion and have stuck to it, like I have. Twat off the pitch, good player on it

what i mean is, they are the kind that would refuse to give someone the benefit, because it makes them somehow feel superior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm 

you say that like it's a bad thing. but i don't go to church.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:51 pm 

what i mean is, they are the kind that would refuse to give someone the benefit, because it makes them somehow feel superior.

no no no, i'm not giving someone the benefit of the doubt in the face of plenty of instances where they have been a twat. that's just refusing to see the past as any kind of learning experience, like not learning from others mistakes and being pig headed and wanting to learn from your own.
in other words, as daft as my stance is in your eyes, your stance is no better.
there is no sense of superioity, just dismay that we have signed this guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:53 pm 

no no no, i'm not giving someone the benefit of the doubt in the face of plenty of instances where they have been a twat. that's jujst refusing to see the past as any kind of learning experience, liek not learnign from others mistakes and being pig headed and wanting to learn from your own. in other words, as daft as my stance is in your eyes, your stance is no better.

what i can't stand are people who believe they are superior to others. As if they've never done anything wrong, ever. This then gives them a licence to look down on others, as if they have the moral high ground. They are twats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:54 pm 

what i can't stand are people who believe they are superior to others. As if they've never done anything wrong, ever. This then gives them a licence to look down on others, as if they have the moral high ground. They are twats.

That's called an Ego...and that officially makes me a twat :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:57 pm 

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
That's called an Ego...and that officially makes me a twat :cool:

you know the kind i mean, they look down their nose at you. wankers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 pm 

but what's this got to do with bellamy? if it's a case of not being as big a twat as bellamy then yes, i win hands down. i've never beaten anyone with a golf club, flounced out of a football club because they are trying to get more money for me and are possibly delaying my exit, been a snarling aggressive little shit on the pitch. or abused some lass in a nightclub (didn't he hit her or something? (allegedly)) so if it was going to be a case of looking down on him, i fucking well could.

but that's not what i'm doing, i'm disliking him, for many reasons, and bemoaning the fact we didn't buy someone of higher quality - both in footballing and being a good person terms. for what it's worth bellamy would probably look down his nose at all of us. even if it meant tilting his think neck back so far it was in danger of breaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:16 pm 

but what's this got to do with bellamy? if it's a case of not being as big a twat as bellamy then yes, i win hands down. i've never beaten anyone with a golf club, flounced out of a football club because they are trying to get more money for me and are possibly delaying my exit, been a snarling aggressive little shit no the pitch. or abused some lass in a nightclub (didn't he hit her or something? (allegedly)) so if it was going to be a case of looking down on him, i fucking well could. but that's not what i'm doing, i'm disliking him, for many reasons, and bemoaning the fact we didn't buy somenoe of higher quality - both in footballing and being a good person terms.

we've moved on from it being about Bellamy, well i have anyway. I'm on about people that judge others, take the moral high ground as if they've never ever done anything at all wrong. That to me, is as bad as someone that has done something wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:16 pm 

Equally I could say that it is very Christian of you to be so forgiving his past misdemeanours.

You bother God Bassman, admit it. You LOVE him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next