Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Are you happy with us signing Bellamy?
Yes 73%  73%  [ 58 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:09 pm 

well we kind of needed a striker, just that bellamy seems the poorest choice, bar saha, of player to get in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:11 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
when Boj is back do we start with him upfront with Bellamy or just use the 1 striker??? Coz leslie said about this 4-1-4-1 formation the other day and then when Petrov is back where will he fit in??? Would you play him and then perhaps put Robbie up front and drop one of the B and B's. gonna be interesting to see what happens when the whole squad are back to full fitness.

The way we are with injuries I don't think this is a problem we're ever going to have to worry about. Something in the water at Carrington I reckon.

Post subject:

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
well we kind of needed a striker, just that bellamy seems the poorest choice, bar saha, of player to get in.

Id rather have Bellamy in the team than Bejani or Vassell. That's why I voted yes.

Post subject:

Bluewythy wrote:
This season? I think we needed some bite up from, we have plenty of flair, someone to snap at defenders heels and all that. Yes, in the future Sturridge will be better than him, but right now, i think Bellamy will improve us.

Yes, this season. Whenever Sturridge has played he has showed he is hungry for it.

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:19 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
Someone start a new poll then. Bellamy or stick with what we had?

What it needed was more options. Clearly (from the comments on here) those who voted yes could be subdivided into those who are genuinely thrilled that we've signed him and those who didn't want him but reckon it's better than nothing. A 'moderate' option between the two extremes would give a clearer indication of how things lie.

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 pm 

Labmonkey wrote:
What it needed was more options. Clearly (from the comments on here) those who voted yes could be subdivided into those who are genuinely thrilled that we've signed him and those who didn't want him but reckon it's better than nothing. A 'moderate' option between the two extremes would give a clearer indication of how things lie.

so a yes or no poll was started :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:25 pm 
I'm with Hughes on this one. After reading that i can't wait to see Bellamy running at the Newcastle defence.

City to see the best of Bellamy

Mark Hughes is confident that City fans will get to see the best of Craig Bellamy once he makes his debut for the Blues.
Manager and player have this week been reunited after two previous stints together at both club and international level, following the striker's move from West Ham earlier this week.

Craig flew out to Tenerife to join the rest of the City squad after completing his transfer, and the Manager already thinks he will be working with a player improved on their last pairing at Ewood Park.

"I have worked with Craig for many years," says Mark, "I understand his personality and I have great respect for his ability.

"Having spoken to him since he arrived here, we are getting a better player than the one I worked with before. He scored a lot of goals in one season for me at Blackburn, and scored some great goals for me with Wales as well.

"Now he is fit and well, at Blackburn he had some injury problems and at times we had to monitor the intensity of the training he did.

"The Craig Bellamy we have in front of us does not have any of those problems, he's stronger than ever and that is why he is such an outstanding player.

"The moment he gets the ball and goes past a player, people will understand why I wanted to bring him here."

The Manager also asserts that Craig is a much-changed character to the one he has worked with in the past, and he adds:

"He has matured as a person. He's a winner, he wants to be the best he can be. He is demanding of himself, demanding of the staff he works with and of his team mates. That is not a bad trait to have, I encourage it because I think that players of that ilk are good for your club."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:25 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I'm with Hughes on this one. After reading that i can't wait to see Bellamy running at the Newcastle defence.

City to see the best of Bellamy

Mark Hughes is confident that City fans will get to see the best of Craig Bellamy once he makes his debut for the Blues.
Manager and player have this week been reunited after two previous stints together at both club and international level, following the striker's move from West Ham earlier this week.

Craig flew out to Tenerife to join the rest of the City squad after completing his transfer, and the Manager already thinks he will be working with a player improved on their last pairing at Ewood Park.

"I have worked with Craig for many years," says Mark, "I understand his personality and I have great respect for his ability.

"Having spoken to him since he arrived here, we are getting a better player than the one I worked with before. He scored a lot of goals in one season for me at Blackburn, and scored some great goals for me with Wales as well.

"Now he is fit and well, at Blackburn he had some injury problems and at times we had to monitor the intensity of the training he did.

"The Craig Bellamy we have in front of us does not have any of those problems, he's stronger than ever and that is why he is such an outstanding player.

"The moment he gets the ball and goes past a player, people will understand why I wanted to bring him here."

The Manager also asserts that Craig is a much-changed character to the one he has worked with in the past, and he adds:

"He has matured as a person. He's a winner, he wants to be the best he can be. He is demanding of himself, demanding of the staff he works with and of his team mates. That is not a bad trait to have, I encourage it because I think that players of that ilk are good for your club."

Think West Ham will feel a tad (more) cheated then. How many games did he manage for them? 12 or so?

What miracle has happened since he signed for us that's made him less brittle?

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:27 pm 

Trust the manager GL. Bellamy's going to be ace!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:39 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
so a yes or no poll was started :D

and rightly one starred. similar prportions who are going to get behind him and who didn't want him here. guess there's a forgiving/faithful to the players, whoever they are, wearing the shirt. which is good, even though i hope he's gone in the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
and rightly one starred. similar prportions who are going to get behind him and who didn't want him here. guess there's a forgiving/faithful to the players, whoever they are, wearing the shirt. which is good, even though i hope he's gone in the summer.

i think the scenario with Cruz made Bellamy a more favourable proposition than it had previously been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:05 am 

Miggs wrote:
You happy with the signing of bellamy? Im not.

how about now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:59 am 
This thread has a lot of fail in it. Fortunately a lot of win too. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:51 am 

He told today's Daily Mirror:
Quote:
"I want to stay and I am going to stay. I am committed to that. I am committed to Man City.

"I have bought into the idea of where Man City is going to go and I am a huge part of where it is at this stage.

"I have no problem with Mancini. It's not his problem he's here. What happened to Mark Hughes has got nothing to do with him.

"I hope Mancini will stay for a long time because I am from the mould of thinking stability is the key to success. I hope he gets a number of years to do it and, as long as I last, I will give my all for him."

I don't think it is possible for me to love this lad more without my wife cutting off my gonads.

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am 

I'm fairly ashamed of some of the things I said in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:14 pm 

Even more credit to the lad in that many of us (including me, though I never said so) weren't happy with him joining City.

To have been able to turn all our opinions from such a negative stance to one that is so positive takes some doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 pm 

I love him.

I wish GL would make an appearance and tell us what he thinks now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:31 pm 

Geez what dickhead started this thread

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:00 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
I reckon he'll do well for us.

:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:03 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:
Don't agree with that either. Sturridge will be a star. He needs games. Better option than Bellamy, IMO.

Lol :D:D:D:D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9