Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:53 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
i think we need a centre mid, right mid and three new defenders. a good left back, right back cover and centre back cover. dont need any more strikers.

Agreed apart the striker I think we could do with a really top quality striker jó or huntelaar. We need a right winger the most though imo whoever we sign there I reckon weiss will give them a run for their money

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:40 pm 

[quote="Skurt"]I doubt we need any strikers for next season as we have severals that can score just if they get the ball delivered.
Benjani, Vassel, Caicedo and probably Bojinov.. Then I think Sturridge will grow next season and maybe any other young kid get the chance, Evans?
QUOTE]

Benjani isnt a out and out finisher
Vassel couldnt hit a barn door with a machine gun
Caicedo i havnt seen him in action so cant comment
Bojinov can score goals but im not sure if hes a 15 goal or more a season player
Weve been saying for ages that Sturridge is a amazing talent but he isnt getting his chences
Ched Evans is another case like Sturridge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:42 pm 

Alex wrote:
Skurt wrote:
I doubt we need any strikers for next season as we have severals that can score just if they get the ball delivered.
Benjani, Vassel, Caicedo and probably Bojinov.. Then I think Sturridge will grow next season and maybe any other young kid get the chance, Evans?
QUOTE]

Benjani isnt a out and out finisher
Vassel couldnt hit a barn door with a machine gun
Caicedo i havnt seen him in action so cant comment
Bojinov can score goals but im not sure if hes a 15 goal or more a season player
Weve been saying for ages that Sturridge is a amazing talent but he isnt getting his chences
Ched Evans is another case like Sturridge

i think in Benjani, Bojinov, Caicedo, Sturridge and Evans we have enough strikers... other than Benjani, they are all they good young players and buying in more strikers will only hinder their progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:47 pm 

CB,LB,CM,RW and a top class striker. Maybe a Gk if Kasper and Issakson leave as expected

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:54 pm 

i think defence and midfield have to be the priority though. the team needs some muscle other than richards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:04 pm 

Quote:
Players I'd like? A right winger, a proven striker and some defensive cover.

Agreed Crouch and Pennant from Liverpool would be my "Realistic" choices for forward and right winger. We need a decent target man as we have loads of crafty small players to work around (Elano, Sturridge etc etc etc...)

Also need a decent defensive midfield player a quality left back and if Dunne goes a centre half for cover. We will also need an experienced number 2 keeper that dosnt mind keeping the bench warm. Kasper and the Swede have both said they are leaving / want to leave.

With the 11 or 12 plaeyers we want to move on, we would only need a net spend of around £20 million max to have a very well balanced squad with a fair amount of quality....

Lets just hope Frank sees sense, keeps Sven and gives him the realtively small amount of cash we need to become a side that can challenge for the top 6.

Lets be honest when you see a side like Sunderland that plan to spend the best part of £100 million over 2 seasons just to stay in the league, a net outlay of around £70 million to turn us into a top 6 side seems like a comparative bargain. Look how much Spurs have spent over the last 3 years, well over £100 million and their squad is absolute garbage. Only a handful of their players would I want at city.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 pm 

The following will probably bugger off:
Andreas Isaksson
Kasper Schmeichel
Sun Jihai
Geovanni
Émile Mpenza
Paul Dickov
Rolando Bianchi
Danny Mills
Matthew Mills
Bernardo Corradi

Based on that, our current first team squad numbers 22:

Goalkeepers:
Hart

Defenders:
Dunne
Richards
Corluka
Ball
Onuoha
Garrido
Logan
Williamson

Midfielders:
Johnson
Ireland
Elano
Fernandes
Petrov
Hamann
Castillo
Etuhu

Strikers:
Benjani
Vassell
Caicedo
Sturridge
Evans

By contrast, Spurs have 32, West Ham have 31, Everton have 26, and Villa have 20.

I think they should be aiming to increase our squad numbers to somewhere in the region of 28-30, since we'll hopefully be playing some European games. Backup goalie and right midfield are the most urgent, but I also reckon we could do with a real quality defensive midfielder, a Corluka for the left back slot (keep Garrido to cover LM/LB, and Ball as competition), a 3rd young goalie (maybe from our academy), a really good striker (though that depends on what system we play). The rest should just be any quality young player that catches their eyes.

Maybe have another try for Nashat Akram since Iraq have now gone up in the rankings and are now (just) within the top 70?

Other than that, I want Bentley. I'd be happy to have Ronaldinho, Deco or Eto'o, but I'd treat that as a bonus, because I still don't reckon it'll happen. Other than that, I don't know, because I don't own a copy of Football Manager. ;) I like the Russian fella for the right hand side too, and the DM for Zenit the other night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Andreas Isaksson
Kasper Schmeichel
Sun Jihai
Geovanni
Émile Mpenza
Paul Dickov
Rolando Bianchi
Danny Mills
Matthew Mills
Bernardo Corradi

Goalkeepers:
Hart

Defenders:
Dunne
Richards
Corluka
Ball
Onuoha
Garrido
Logan
Williamson

Midfielders:
Johnson
Ireland
Elano
Fernandes
Petrov
Hamann
Castillo
Etuhu

Strikers:
Benjani
Vassell
Caicedo
Sturridge
Evans

By contrast, Spurs have 32, West Ham have 31, Everton have 26, and Villa have 20.

I think they should be aiming to increase our squad numbers to somewhere in the region of 28-30, since we'll hopefully be playing some European games. Backup goalie and right midfield are the most urgent, but I also reckon we could do with a real quality defensive midfielder, a Corluka for the left back slot (keep Garrido to cover LM/LB, and Ball as competition), a 3rd young goalie (maybe from our academy), a really good striker (though that depends on what system we play). The rest should just be any quality young player that catches their eyes.

Maybe have another try for Nashat Akram since Iraq have now gone up in the rankings and are now (just) within the top 70?

Other than that, I want Bentley. I'd be happy to have Ronaldinho, Deco or Eto'o, but I'd treat that as a bonus, because I still don't reckon it'll happen. Other than that, I don't know, because I don't own a copy of Football Manager. ;) I like the Russian fella for the right hand side too, and the DM for Zenit the other night.

Dont forget bojinov. And samaras will go.

Yeh tymashuk for zenit is quality but they paid £15m last season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:28 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Andreas Isaksson
Kasper Schmeichel
Sun Jihai
Geovanni
Émile Mpenza
Paul Dickov
Rolando Bianchi
Danny Mills
Matthew Mills
Bernardo Corradi

Goalkeepers:
Hart

Defenders:
Dunne
Richards
Corluka
Ball
Onuoha
Garrido
Logan
Williamson

Midfielders:
Johnson
Ireland
Elano
Fernandes
Petrov
Hamann
Castillo
Etuhu

Strikers:
Benjani
Vassell
Caicedo
Sturridge
Evans

[color="Red"]Maybe have another try for Nashat Akram since Iraq have now gone up in the rankings and are now (just) within the top 70?[/color]

Nashat Akram vs. Real Madrid
In 15 May 2008. Although Nashat Akram signed for Al-Gharrafa, Akram has received an invitation from Al Nasr of Saudi Arabia to participate in a festival honoring the Saudi legend Majed Abdullah on the 20 May against the Stars of Real Madrid. In 20 May 2008, Nashat Akram played with Al-Nasr against Real Madrid for 75 minutes, in the 53rd minute Nashat Akram assisted the first goal and scored the 2nd goal in the 55th minute. The match finsihed 4-1 for Al-Nasr.

He signed for Al-Gharrafa on the 28th April 2008 for only 1 season so.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:30 pm 

We need more threads about Nashat Akram.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:36 pm 

Bastard wrote:
We need more threads about Nashat Akram.

I remember the last lot lol. Quality player though and he has assists galore and scores many great goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:38 pm 

Al Qatani!!!!!

what a sook he was, has a cry after dunney smashes him

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:06 am 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm With Stupid View Post

Andreas Isaksson
Kasper Schmeichel
Sun Jihai
Geovanni
Émile Mpenza
Paul Dickov
Rolando Bianchi
Danny Mills
Matthew Mills
Bernardo Corradi

Goalkeepers:
Hart

Defenders:
Dunne
Richards
Corluka
Ball
Onuoha
Garrido
Logan
Williamson

Midfielders:
Johnson
Ireland
Elano
Fernandes
Petrov
Hamann
Castillo
Etuhu

Strikers:
Benjani
Vassell
Caicedo
Sturridge
Evans

Other than that, I want Bentley. I'd be happy to have Ronaldinho, Deco or Eto'o, but I'd treat that as a bonus, because I still don't reckon it'll happen. Other than that, I don't know, because I don't own a copy of Football Manager. I like the Russian fella for the right hand side too, and the DM for Zenit the other night.

Dont forget bojinov. And samaras will go.

Samaras for sure as well. I also think Vassel will also go, hes a solid squad player but not good enough upfront so we play him on the right wing and hes not much use there either. I am pretty sure his contract is up soon possibly go to West Brom ?

A fair few of those players are out of contract the problem will be shifting the ones that still have time to run, most of them are complete rubbish and on massive wages, cant see clubs lining up to sign any of them really except the keepers !

Its terryfying to think those 12 players are probably costing the club the best part of £200k a week in wages....or £10million + a year :( Some of them are on big money, Bianchi is on 50K a week apparently, Mpenza, Corradi, Geovani 30K +

I am surprised they havent started the clear out already, Sun Jihai, Geovanni, Émile Mpenza and Paul Dickov are all out of contract. Sven staying or not its pretty clear they should not be offered new contracts for starters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:30 am 

alera wrote:
Samaras for sure as well. I also think Vassel will also go, hes a solid squad player but not good enough upfront so we play him on the right wing and hes not much use there either. I am pretty sure his contract is up soon possibly go to West Brom ?

A fair few of those players are out of contract the problem will be shifting the ones that still have time to run, most of them are complete rubbish and on massive wages, cant see clubs lining up to sign any of them really except the keepers !

Its terryfying to think those 12 players are probably costing the club the best part of £200k a week in wages....or £10million + a year :( Some of them are on big money, Bianchi is on 50K a week apparently, Mpenza, Corradi, Geovani 30K +

I am surprised they havent started the clear out already, Sun Jihai, Geovanni, Émile Mpenza and Paul Dickov are all out of contract. Sven staying or not its pretty clear they should not be offered new contracts for starters.

which equates to about 4 or 5 really decent players, decent trade off i reckon.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:41 am 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
I remember the last lot lol. Quality player though and he has assists galore and scores many great goals.

Nashat such a quality player, check his goal against Real Madrid friendly game. The game for a retirement of a Saudi Arabia player. I saw the game on livefooty, Nashat was brilliant in my opinion. He scored a goal and assist another.

His goal

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CQLC3DETNf8&locale=en_GB&persist_locale=1

His assist

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BJcdyTdiAc8

Highlights
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AlSLNoKXTr0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 pm 

Yeah, I forgot about Samaras. In my defence, it's not hard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:31 pm 

Wouldn't mind Deco, next best thing if we don't get Ronaldinho.

Nifty little play maker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:54 pm 

Great player mcfc boss, thats what he`s all about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:33 pm 
MCFC_Boss wrote:
Nashat such a quality player, check his goal against Real Madrid friendly game. The game for a retirement of a Saudi Arabia player. I saw the game on livefooty, Nashat was brilliant in my opinion. He scored a goal and assist another.

His goal

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CQLC3DETNf8&locale=en_GB&persist_locale=1

His assist

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BJcdyTdiAc8

Highlights
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AlSLNoKXTr0

I forgot about asshat. We need him for the humour value alone. Mind you, if he's going to bring those piss-poor posters with him then perhaps not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:22 pm 

I really don't think we can justify buying anymore strikers... svens bought benjani, caciedo, bojinov, (and bianchi) and we've got vass and sturridge. Not the worlds greatests strikers (yet). But were getting used to playing with 1 up front anyway at the moment.

Players will start getting disillusioned if we just start shipping in new players in a panic. Bianchi never really got a chance, and i thought he looked promising when he played, but i agree that we've got better and would be surpised if i saw him play for city again.

In all honesty i believe that benjani and bojinov could be amazing (was looking for a word a little less extreme that amazing, but really good didn't quite work) next season, and from what i've heard caciedo looks to be able to cause defenders problems, i wouldn't get in his way. Plus we've all heard the hype about sturridge, a few more goals next season like the one against sheff united wouldnt go amiss.

We need to improve our defence and mainly the midfield, then our strikers will start scoring.

Players we (i) need (would like):
Antonio Valencia / Arshavin / Ashley Young (unlikley they would sell him tho)
Jean Makoun
Phillip Lahm
and a solid cb... someone like Vidic from the scum... no personality, no emotion, just an absoloute shit house, who concentrates for 90 minutes... not too much to ask for in a city cb?

Also i would love jimmy bullard to sign for us, i agree we should maybe be looking for better than him now, but he always seems to play well wherever he is plus hes a legend.

Players we really dont need are ronaldinho, underperforming and eating all our wages and signing for one big last payoff, plus bentley or anyone else like that who will piss everyone off.

Easy hey? Lets tell thaskin...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next