PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:14 am 

bluto46 wrote:
made me laught as well

*crosses bluto46 off list*

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:23 am 

The thing is Dunne only has a year left on his deal and has made it pretty clear he dosnt want to sign a new contract. We have been trying to nail him down to a new deal for a couple of years. Agents and press keep going on about players buying themselves out on contract but so far no one has actually tried this. Its likely that if / when it does happen the whole process will be held up in the courts for years and the player wont be able to play whilst its being sorted out.

This is why you have clubs comming in offering £5 million etc for dunne...If he could realistically buy himself out for £1 million he would have done it already.

Hart has over 2 years left on his current deal and is still only 21.

So even in 2 years he wont be able to move on a free - as he will still be under 24 (Bosman dosnt apply to players under 24 years of age) Now an england international Liverpool want £10 million for their reserve english keeper Carson. You do the maths.

We might loose a few players this summer, Dunne and Hart might be amongst those but no one will be leaving on the cheap. Its also important to remember that the vast majoprity of our valuable players are tied down to long term deals. No ones going anywhere really unless we allow them to and the moneys right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 am 

hart has a right to snub a 6k a week wage, surely he is worth atleast double that.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:26 am 

He does. But it dosnt mean he can leave or we will let him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 am 

totally agree with you alera. we won't sell anyone on the cheap as most of them have long contracts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am 

I still think the main reason why no contract talks are being held at the moment, in addition to the problems with the manager is that we are looking to move out between 9 - 11 players this summer that are surplus to requirements.

If we can get rid of all the dead wood there will be huge potential to improve existing contracts to nail players down to longer deals the young players we want to keep and bring in the half a dozen players or so that could move us on to the next level...

I think they board want to see how much of the crap they can get rid off before they start signing anymore players or improving existing deals which that have a few years to run anyway...

This is with the exception of dunne - who it looks like is unwilling to sign a new deal anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:34 am 

Manchester City skipper Richard Dunne has set his heart on a summer move to Tottenham despite efforts by Sven-Goran Eriksson to keep him at Eastlands. (Mail on Sunday)

Why Spuds? If he was to leave City, surely a better club would want to take Dunne over Spuds?

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:18 am 

swap him for robbie keane atleast get something decent for him, even though its complete media bullshit.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:38 pm 

Could see it happening as they always have an eye for a bargain.

Really I think we would be better getting nothing for him in 12 months than letting him go for £2 million this summer. Hes worth more than that for 1 more season especially with european footy to play. But if someone wants to pay £ 6 - £8 million for him sure that would be good business. Thats what we paid for Corluka.

All this talk of buying out contracts is bull**** circulated by agents as well. Its never been tried yet even with top top players. Cant see Dunne being the first test case somehow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:12 pm 

alera wrote:
Could see it happening as they always have an eye for a bargain.

Really I think we would be better getting nothing for him in 12 months than letting him go for £2 million this summer. Hes worth more than that for 1 more season especially with european footy to play. But if someone wants to pay £ 6 - £8 million for him sure that would be good business. Thats what we paid for Corluka.

All this talk of buying out contracts is bull**** circulated by agents as well. Its never been tried yet even with top top players. Cant see Dunne being the first test case somehow.

Unless its over 5 million I don't see the sense in selling Dunne, It would cost a fortune to replace him, His experience is invaluable to richards, onouha and corluka. I think we should just let him go next year when hopefully with his help we'll be in a position to attract better players than him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:14 pm 

Dunne is our defence with Richards.....must keep!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:55 pm 

I really think Corluka and Richards could be a great Center Defense duo. I know Corluka struggled a little when he replaced Richards with Dunne, but that's because Dunne and Corluka are a similar type of back. They can be beat with pace sometime and that is where Micah can cover or just take the man head on to begin with because of his place. Really, what I'm trying to get at is that I think Corluka could be a great Centerback with Richards and that Dunne, even though he is great, could be expendable at the right price with his contract and this scenario.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:08 am 

USACityFan wrote:
I really think Corluka and Richards could be a great Center Defense duo. I know Corluka struggled a little when he replaced Richards with Dunne, but that's because Dunne and Corluka are a similar type of back. They can be beat with pace sometime and that is where Micah can cover or just take the man head on to begin with because of his place. Really, what I'm trying to get at is that I think Corluka could be a great Centerback with Richards and that Dunne, even though he is great, could be expendable at the right price with his contract and this scenario.

whats this? an americn speaking sense? I think we have good enough cover for duney if he leaves charlie is a much better cb than rb and with bally garrido and ned we surely have enough defenders to cover the loss, injuries to our defenders really crippled the end of our season but if they can all stay fit and maybe with the inclusion of a high class left back we could have a very solid defense next year.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:35 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Dunne is our defence with Richards.....must keep!

True, when they played together at the beginning of the season they killed every striker. Tevez couldn't do shit at Eastlands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:38 pm 

well dunne has been good with a quick partner, whether that was distin or richards. but maybe the defence would be even better with two quick defenders no? also better distribution from the back is more important these days. i think had dunne been injured for the end of the season, he would have been missed a lot less than richards has been.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:41 pm 

Bluewythy wrote:
well dunne has been good with a quick partner, whether that was distin or richards. but maybe the defence would be even better with two quick defenders no? also better distribution from the back is more important these days. i think had dunne been injured for the end of the season, he would have been missed a lot less than richards has been.

True, because we don't have any defender that has the same height or even the quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:49 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
whats this? an americn speaking sense? I think we have good enough cover for duney if he leaves charlie is a much better cb than rb and with bally garrido and ned we surely have enough defenders to cover the loss, injuries to our defenders really crippled the end of our season but if they can all stay fit and maybe with the inclusion of a high class left back we could have a very solid defense next year.

Don't forget Sun...

*hides*

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:55 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:

That's because I don't think my shit doesn't stink like the majority of other Americans haha. No, I love my country, but I can see where you guys think we are assholes and what not. Just don't take it out on me!