Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Ins and Outs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:11 pm 

Nothing to do with cocks guys, sorry. Plenty of that stuff elsewhere on here if that's what you were looking for, though.

Thought I'd do a bit of a round up of who I think should go and who should be their replacements for our squad for next year. I know it's dangerous talking football on here and I will probably be Coodered but I'm all full of courage after a couple of beers and figured I'd give it a go

OUT

[*]Caballero - Not the able deputy we were led to believe he was. Obviously Pellegrini's lovechild or something. Played when we got knocked out of the cup (£1m probably back to Spain or Argentina)

[*]Sagna - Arsenal were willing to let him go at the end of his contract so why was he all of a sudden good enough for us? Positionally suicidal and offers nothing going forwards. Plus he has a stupid haircut (£1m if a promoted team are daft enough)

[*] Boyata - enough said (free)

[*] Nastasic - already agreed move to Schalke (unknown but rumoured ((in a quick google search and finding an article on the Mirror's website)) to be £10m)

[*] Fernando - Just hasn't worked out. Never appeared to be much of an improvement on Javi Garcia and to top it off he is a lot uglier (£10m)

[*] Lampard - Fucking off to New York (nowt)

[*] Sinclair - Will likely make his move to Birmingham permanent and he can spit roast some slags there for a bit (£3.5m)

[*] Yaya Toure - Thanks for the time you were here but I think it's run it's course. A fabulous player for us at times but his star is fading along with his work ethic (albeit being played in a midfield two hasn't helped). Off to join Bobby in Milan hopefully (£8m)

[*] Dzeko - Looks totally uninterested almost all of the time. More miss than hit these days and is ready for a move back to Germany (£16m)

[*] Jovetic - A sicknote that has disappeared altogether since being dropped from the Champions League squad. Probably off back to Italy. Ugliest player in the squad? Possibly (£16m)

[*] Negredo - transfer already sotred (£23m)

IN

[*] Cech - If he's going to sit on anyone's bench then it may as well be ours (free)

[*] Clyne - Young, English and black. Either we sign him or he's the new fifth member of One Direction (£14m)

[*] Subotic - Seems Hummels is going to the rags, unfortunately. If Dortmund are willing to sell both their first-choice centre halves then we'd do well to sign this guy (£12m)

[*] Khedira - Just makes sense. Available on a free and a massive upgrade on what we have in Fernando (free)

[*] Barkley - He's not Wilshere (£24m)

[*] Koke- If we're going to buy Spanish players all the time, let's at least buy a good one (£30m)

[*] Reus - Likely to leave Dortmund now Klopp has gone. Worth breaking the bank for (£35m)

[*] Ings/Rodriguez - Not personally a massive fan of either but we need to maintain the homegrown status quo and neither would break the bank in terms of fee or wages (free/£6m)

So that's £88.5m into the pot and £121m out making a net spend of £32.5m which is achievable. The price for Barkley would likely be higher but I reckon we could get him for not much more than my wild estimate and this would leave us a couple of players short in the it's more outs than ins but surely it's about time we started to promote some players from within into the first team squad. Would like to hear other people's opinions. If nothing else so this isn't Coodered

Post subject: Re: Ins and Outs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:27 pm 

I will save you from a coodering.
Much of what you suggest is correct.
Your out list is pretty comprehensive I might add Navas to it but I think he is marginal.
I would want to keep Milner if we could but those coming in will be expensive and may need some persuading.
I hope we retain pellegrini but maybe find some way of persuading him that he must consider some tactical options.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:32 pm 

Thanks, Bert. I agree with you. That our out list is so comprehensive speaks volumes about our recent recruitment and would not bode well that anything is going to change. Navas I would keep (just) as he offers something else for us despite his decision making when well placed (either to cross or shoot) being awful. I would very much like Milner to stay. As for Pellegrini; I don't think it's any coincidence that his contract will expire when Guardiola's does. I think he will get one more year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 pm 

Definitely need to bring the average age down a bit. No way we'd get £23m for Negrado, and Koke would cost a lot more than £30m. Pogba would be my no. 1 target, although he wouldn't cost less than £50m and probably wouldn't come to us.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:47 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Definitely need to bring the average age down a bit. No way we'd get £23m for Negrado, and Koke would cost a lot more than £30m. Pogba would be my no. 1 target, although he wouldn't cost less than £50m and probably wouldn't come to us.

I thought the Negredo fee had been pre-arranged as part of the loan deal? These fee's are complete drunken ramblings. I reckon we'd have to pay to get rid of Boyata

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:

I thought the Negredo fee had been pre-arranged as part of the loan deal? These fee's are complete drunken ramblings. I reckon we'd have to pay to get rid of Boyata

According to wiki you're right. Great bit of business for us, he's pushing 30 and has been quite poor for them - they must be sick as pigs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 pm 

It's probably the only fee I'm even close to getting right so I'll take it. I bet they try and pay in instalments the lousy dago's. If they do I hope we apply Brighthouse levels of APR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 pm 

Well, isn't this thread a nice little love-in for you boys?

:mad:

Not a mention of Milner?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:24 am 

No, only the twice you boner killing freak. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:08 am 

Bastard wrote:

Not a mention of Milner?

I mentioned him so did Noddy
Get some glasses

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:59 pm 

Bastard wrote:

Not a mention of Milner?

Not a mention of cheese either so far.

Rated and slated. :snooty:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:20 pm 

Noddy couldn't hide his contempt for all that the forum had become in the opening paragraphs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:45 pm 

pogba or nacho vidal for midfield would be rather useful if turfing out fernando (although he was decent in the last game or two) and yaya, as would keeping milner. concur on the outs, although it would be nice if the beast came back and recreated his form from the first half of last season. reus could cost double the amount quoted, and would be a fine addition even then.

it would be quite a coup if we did land cech, give him all the cup games and it would give the kids a chance of progressing if they have someone useful in net. presuming that we play some of the kids we're meant to be developing in cup games that is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:55 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
pogba or nacho vidal for midfield would be rather useful if turfing out fernando (although he was decent in the last game or two) and yaya, as would keeping milner. concur on the outs, although it would be nice if the beast came back and recreated his form from the first half of last season. reus could cost double the amount quoted, and would be a fine addition even then.

it would be quite a coup if we did land cech, give him all the cup games and it would give the kids a chance of progressing if they have someone useful in net. presuming that we play some of the kids we're meant to be developing in cup games that is.

Yeah, I'm not convinced he's 'likely to leave Dortmund" having just signed a new long term contract either, Klopp or no Klopp.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:09 pm 

Sinclair.?????

I didn't even know trev was still on the books...
scored a cracker from westspam once....

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:03 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

Yeah, I'm not convinced he's 'likely to leave Dortmund" having just signed a new long term contract either, Klopp or no Klopp.

OK, swap Reus for deBruyne and the figure would be more realistic too.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:30 pm 

i'm sceptical about the newly signed long term contract being a definite indicator of burning one's passport. it can often be a method to make the player more expensive and put the club in the driving seat in transfer negotiations, rather than having a player who can say "let me move this season or next season i'll fuck off for nothing".

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:24 am 

Looks like Jimmy to Liverpool is a done deal. He's hardly going to fail a medical is he? A real shame that we couldn't hang on to him but at least he was true to his word and it wasn't to do with money (if City's reported £165k per week offer is to true). We've lost one of our best performers from last season for free and I can only hope we've already got somebody lined up to replace him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:24 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Looks like Jimmy to Liverpool is a done deal. He's hardly going to fail a medical is he? A real shame that we couldn't hang on to him but at least he was true to his word and it wasn't to do with money (if City's reported £165k per week offer is to true). We've lost one of our best performers from last season for free and I can only hope we've already got somebody lined up to replace him.

A quick look online and you can see that only one player made more appearances than james last season (navas). So the cry for more game time doesnt wash for me. Im of the opinion that james had to work harder than any other player to prove that he was deserving of a place and he just wasnt willing to do that again. My fear for him now is that Brenda has promised him the world with a central midfield role which I would be surprised if he gets. James will be sorely missed but I get pissed of when I hear all the shit that he was under valued, under rated etc. It wasnt by city fans.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:31 am 

Disappointin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next