Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:13 pm 

No thanks to Vieira.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:53 am 

IF there is any truth to this annoiyng rumor,about this all Viera thing..then I have to say:

What a let down!

I hope i am wrong about Viera ,but I did NOT expect mancio to want him now,not at all.
I believe Viera is an ex-player.
Slow,incapable of running 90 minutes,or even 45,but inconsistent and very weak even for 20 minutes.
He used to be strong as a defensive,tackling midfielder,now he never wins a tackle,he consistently loses the ball.
I would rather play a young ,unexperienced,academy midfielder,than Viera.

I wonder:
Did they see him play recently?
What are they( or him,Mancini) thinking?
Maybe something like :" for some reason he would just do better here than there"?
But why?
He is 36 and he is not getting any younger.
Yes ,he still hopes to play in 2010 world cup,so he might still have some motivations but ( and i still hope i am wrong)...but he is just NOT what you want to raise the bar ,to make this one of the best midfield in the world.

Hope to be wrong about him.
I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

IF an experienced ,very technical playmaker is the kind of player Man.City wants,than Sebastian Veron would be WAAAAAY,way better than Viera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:12 am 

Steppenwolf wrote:
IF there is any truth to this annoiyng rumor,about this all Viera thing..then I have to say:

What a let down!

I hope i am wrong about Viera ,but I did NOT expect mancio to want him now,not at all.
Slow,incapable of running 90 minutes,or even 45,but inconsistent and very weak even for 20 minutes.
He used to be strong as a defensive,tackling midfielder,now he never wins a tackle,he consistently loses the ball.

I wonder:
Maybe something like :" for some reason he would just do better here than there"?
But why?
Yes ,he still hopes to play in 2010 world cup,so he might still have some motivations but ( and i still hope i am wrong)...but he is just NOT what you want to raise the bar ,to make this one of the best midfield in the world.

I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

IF an experienced ,very technical playmaker is the kind of player Man.City wants,than Sebastian Veron would be WAAAAAY,way better than Viera.

Another mini essay by steppenwolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 am 

Christ, it's like someone shat commas on a page, a retarded E. E. Cummings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:27 am 

Steppenwolf wrote:

What a let down!

I wonder:
But why?

I DO NOT LIKE HIM.

Viera's 33 not 36 but yeah I'm dead against signing him too. I know some people think we might as well have him as a squad player, but bearing in mind he'll be on at least £125,000 a week it's a total waste of money - I'd rather the owners dropped the price of tickets by a couple of quid for home games if they're running out of ways to burn money.

Veron at 34 (35 in March) would be an even worse signing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am 

Plus with Veron, he's one of our greatest come backs when rags accuse us of wasting money... If we sign him it'll be harder to be scathing about how totally shit he was / is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:01 pm 

Getting Closer

Patrick Vieira has given a strong indication that he is poised to join Manchester City in this month's transfer window.

New Eastlands boss Roberto Mancini is understood to be keen on luring the former Arsenal man back to the Premier League.

Vieira is expected to play for Inter against Chievo on Wednesday before travelling to England for talks and a medical.

The Frenchman is keen to leave Inter after dropping down the pecking order in Jose Mourinho's plans and City are ready to sign Vieira on loan with the option of a one-year deal at the end of it.

Vieira, who played under Mancini at Inter, admits initial discussions are going well although a deal has not been agreed as yet.

"Nothing has been signed so far, but it is going well," Vieira told L'Equipe

Well thats flipping good isn't it, was gonna put a stream up for the Inter game and there's only 20 minutes of the game left, Inter winning 1-0,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:11 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Getting Closer

Patrick Vieira has given a strong indication that he is poised to join Manchester City in this month's transfer window.

New Eastlands boss Roberto Mancini is understood to be keen on luring the former Arsenal man back to the Premier League.

Vieira is expected to play for Inter against Chievo on Wednesday before travelling to England for talks and a medical.

The Frenchman is keen to leave Inter after dropping down the pecking order in Jose Mourinho's plans and City are ready to sign Vieira on loan with the option of a one-year deal at the end of it.

Vieira, who played under Mancini at Inter, admits initial discussions are going well although a deal has not been agreed as yet.

"Nothing has been signed so far, but it is going well," Vieira told L'Equipe

Well thats flipping good isn't it, was gonna put a stream up for the Inter game and there's only 20 minutes of the game left, Inter winning 1-0,

From everything that I've heard and seen, Vieira's past it. Besides, De Jong is doing fine. If it isn't broken......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 pm 

This may seem a bizarre signing but actually a) Mancio knows Vieira well b) it is a stop gap for til next season c) we can afford it d) need cover for De Jong in case of injury.

Why not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:30 pm 

Just finished 1-0 to Inter and Vieira came through the full 90 plus. I wouldn't expect him to play a full 90 minutes every game, maybe for the few odd games he might but would be suitable cover for De Jong if Injury hits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:31 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Just finished 1-0 to Inter and Vieira came through the full 90 plus. I wouldn't expect him to play a full 90 minutes every game, maybe for the few odd games he might but would be suitable cover for De Jong if Injury hits.

Was he much cop from what you saw?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:38 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
Was he much cop from what you saw?

He did alright, put himself in a bit as he does, looked strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
He did alright, put himself in a bit as he does, looked strong.

*sticks chest out* good lad Patrick. :approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:58 pm 

man of the match today

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:58 pm 

hesherehesthere wrote:
From everything that I've heard and seen, Vieira's past it. Besides, De Jong is doing fine. If it isn't broken......

We need to get past this mentality of only having 1 player for each position. We need top qualty cover. As I said earlier Kompany is covering centre half and De Jong is due a suspension soon or he may get injured. We need quality to come in when it happens. Also, if we progress in the FA Cup we will have lots of games. We are already going to be 2 games behind and maybe 3 if we get to the final.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:00 pm 

Mourinho said that this was his last game with Inter and thanked him for his excellent game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:17 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
We need to get past this mentality of only having 1 player for each position. We need top qualty cover. As I said earlier Kompany is covering centre half and De Jong is due a suspension soon or he may get injured. We need quality to come in when it happens. Also, if we progress in the FA Cup we will have lots of games. We are already going to be 2 games behind and maybe 3 if we get to the final.

I agree, but I'd rather we looked for younger cover who would eventually mature into a first place contender, not someone like Vieira, for whom the only way is down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:21 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:

I not sure de Jong's position isn't adequately covered already. If he's out, one of Kompany, Zabs or Barry will be able to cover him, and that's assuming we don't play a 442 without a DM, with something like SWP, Ireland, Barry and Bellamy / Petrov across the midfield.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:55 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
I not sure de Jong's position isn't adequately covered already. If he's out, one of Kompany, Zabs or Barry will be able to cover him, and that's assuming we don't play a 442 without a DM, with something like SWP, Ireland, Barry and Bellamy / Petrov across the midfield.

I would personally not be happy with Zabs being our holding midfielder and feel Barry is better utilised elsewhere. Zabs as cover for 1 or 2 matches maybe but not more than that. Ideally somebody younger would be best but getting the right person who is available isn't easy and the good thing with Viera is that he has a wealth of prem experience at the highest level.

I feel a 6 month loan is a no lose situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:59 pm 

I just thought of something and now have a big :D on my face.

The postponment of our match yesterday was an absoloute master stroke from Mancini for us to get him in so he can play in the first leg.

I know it was to do with the weather but still.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next