Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Are you happy with us signing Bellamy?
Yes 73%  73%  [ 58 ]
No 28%  28%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 80
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:58 pm 

Anyone who has ever slagged off Bellamy, or Barton for that matter, or anyone of that ilk in the past, and/or has expressed a wish for their like never to darken the doors of City, and yet says they are happy with this signing, is a hypocrite whose opinion I care not a jot about, for if they can be as wishy washy with their opinions as this, whenever they see fit, then how can I ever take them seriously?

Far too many fickle fucks on this forum.

Baggies, Baggies, Boing, Boing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:
Anyone who has ever slagged off Bellamy, or Barton for that matter, or anyone of that ilk in the past, and/or has expressed a wish for their like never to darken the doors of City, and yet says they are happy with this signing, is a hypocrite whose opinion I care not a jot about, for if they can be as wishy washy with their opinions as this, whenever they see fit, then how can I ever take them seriously?

I have never once said that. I've said I never want Barton back at the club, but Bellamy I think is a talent. Fair enough, his off-the-pitch antics aren't exactly perfect, but on the pitch he's exactly what we need. If your unhappy with the signing of him, like I said, protest, do something about it, but don't whinge on here and then slag other people off for saying they'll get behind him, because that's what fans do, get behind the players, whether they like them or not.

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm 

I've championed Bellers from the start...at the end of the day noone knows him personally...so noone can make judgement on his character...all we can judge him by is how he is on the pitch...and the guy gives 100% every game for as long as he is on the grass...he's rapid...and he can score goals...simple as that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:05 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:

football fans in a nutshell that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:10 pm 

the ghost of gibbi wrote:
What a pessimistic bunch of fuckers. Can we not just give him a chance? He is a good player, and I think you need to wake up and realise he's signed for the club. Don't like it, fuck off and support Maine Rd or FC United or whatever shit, just get behind the club and fuck off with the whinging.

no. that's like telling a football fan to stop breathing. it's what we do. i'm behind the club but i can honestly say i never wanted or want to see bellamy in a city shirt. i just hope he is a stop gap and in august he won't be even on the bench. sorry, that's how it is. it's like if we signed show pony, i'd feel disgust at myself for cheering him. i'd appreciate contributions, as i will with bellamy, but i will not, ever, love seeing him in a city shirt, nor will i feel one iota of grief when he leaves.

edited for spastic typing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:13 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
no. that's like telling a football fan to stop breathing. it's what we do. i'm behind the club but i can honestly say i never wanted or want to see bellamy in a city shirt. i just hope he is a stop gap and in august he won't be even on the bench. sorry, that's how it is. it's like if we signed show pony, i'd feel disgust at myself for cheering him. i'd appreciate contributions, as i will with bellamy, but i will not, ever, love seeing him in a city shirt, nor will i feel one iota of grief when he leaves.

edited for spastic typing

Fair enough, but if he scores a cracker and your at the game, you can't honestly tell me you won't cheer. If he shows a flash of brilliance that creates a goal, you can't tell me you won't be awestruck. I'm not asking people to like him, I just don't see the point in whinging about something thats already happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:16 pm 

I have never once said that. I've said I never want Barton back at the club, but Bellamy I think is a talent. Fair enough, his off-the-pitch antics aren't exactly perfect, but on the pitch he's exactly what we need. If your unhappy with the signing of him, like I said, protest, do something about it, but don't whinge on here and then slag other people off for saying they'll get behind him, because that's what fans do, get behind the players, whether they like them or not.

You miss the point, but never mind.

So, let me get this straight. I'm allowed to protest (thankyou for conceding me that much, btw) but I'm not allowed to express my opinion, or whinging as you put it, on an internet forum dedicated to chat about City? Perhaps you'd like to outline for me exactly what recourse to protest I am allowed? Is chaining myself to the big bang allowed? Thanks, but if it's all the same I'd rather stick to my cosy office and slag him off from here.

There was once a time when this forum encouraged differing opinions and mass debate. It is turning into a forum of clones where anyone who dares to be different gets hounded out. It's only the weirdo's like Bassman and myself who stick around and put up with it.

p.s. I support City, not individual players of managers. If I don't like someone then that don't change easily, and certainly not because they have signed for City. He doesn't get my respect or support because he hasn't earnt it whilst at other clubs. Signing for City doesn't alter that fact. That would make me fickle, and fickle I am not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:

Pardon me if i'm wrong. Barton and Bellamy are different people, yes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:19 pm 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
Pardon me if i'm wrong. Barton and Bellamy are different people, yes?

Oh dear Bassman.

I'll make it easier for you...

How many of us on here think Harry Redknapp is a Judas c**t and ridicule the Pompey fans for welcoming him back with open arms?

Anyone who has or has had a deep dislike for Bellamy in the past yet now is happy to see him play for City is as bad as those Pompey fans. I appreciate not everyone hates him as much as I do, and thats ok, but my dislike for him and certain others individuals like him (i.e. Redkanpp, Barton etc) runs deep and therefore I will never, ever support him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:20 pm 

oooh, you're on form today you little tinker.:D

Post subject:

Got Lucky wrote:

So, let me get this straight. I'm allowed to protest (thankyou for conceding me that much, btw) but I'm not allowed to express my opinion, or whinging as you put it, on an internet forum dedicated to chat about City? Perhaps you'd like to outline for me exactly what recourse to protest I am allowed? Is chaining myself to the big bang allowed? Thanks, but if it's all the same I'd rather stick to my cosy office and slag him off from here.

There was once a time when this forum encouraged differing opinions and mass debate. It is turning into a forum of clones where anyone who dares to be different gets hounded out. It's only the weirdo's like Bassman and myself who stick around and put up with it.

p.s. I support City, not individual players of managers. If I don't like someone then that don't change easily, and certainly not because they have signed for City. He doesn't get my respect or support because he hasn't earnt it whilst at other clubs. Signing for City doesn't alter that fact. That would make me fickle, and fickle I am not.

hur hur

Post subject:

Got Lucky wrote:

Similarly, you said aggressive posts are amusing, so why can I not be aggressive? I fucking love Manchester City (I'm not for one second doubting your love of the club) and fair enough, there are players at the club I don't want there, such as Dunne at the moment, but I don't slag him off, I get behind him.Similarly with the abuse Vass has been receiving, he needs people to support him, not slag him off.
Now not for one second am I suggesting you change your opinion of Bellamy, as I have said, I also think the guy's a twat off the pitch, but I don't think there's any denying that he is exactly what is needed at the moment. While it was nice being linked to Kaka, we all knew he wasn't exactly what we needed, just a niceity. Bellamy, De Jong, Bridge and a centre back are exactly what we need

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:21 pm 

Got Lucky wrote:

you speak for yourself.:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:22 pm 

*yawn*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:23 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
*yawn*

It's actually a really good argument if you take the time to read it. Not one thats just descended into farce like recent debates on this place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:25 pm 

Fair enough, but if he scores a cracker and your at the game, you can't honestly tell me you won't cheer. If he shows a flash of brilliance that creates a goal, you can't tell me you won't be awestruck. I'm not asking people to like him, I just don't see the point in whinging about something thats already happened.

i'll cheer the goal, not the man, and i wouldn't be awestruck. i have too much contempt. bellamy is one of those players i absolutely detest. the point about whinging is voicing dissatisfaction, and boy am i dissatisfied about signing bellamy, and have become moreso since the kaka and robinho kerfuffles have quietened down. the man is a twat, he's a twat on the pitch, he's a twat off it, he is, simply, a twat. i am not happy with him being in a city shirt for £14million, i would be equally unhappy if he was here on a free and playing for a burger after the match.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:27 pm 

It's actually a really good argument if you take the time to read it. Not one thats just descended into farce like recent debates on this place.

Was just a general yawn, Gibbi. Not directed at you in particular. This place has turned into a Piranha infested river

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:27 pm 

Similarly, you said aggressive posts are amusing, so why can I not be aggressive? I fucking love Manchester City (I'm not for one second doubting your love of the club) and fair enough, there are players at the club I don't want there, such as Dunne at the moment, but I don't slag him off, I get behind him.Similarly with the abuse Vass has been receiving, he needs people to support him, not slag him off.
Now not for one second am I suggesting you change your opinion of Bellamy, as I have said, I also think the guy's a twat off the pitch, but I don't think there's any denying that he is exactly what is needed at the moment. While it was nice being linked to Kaka, we all knew he wasn't exactly what we needed, just a niceity. Bellamy, De Jong, Bridge and a centre back are exactly what we need

they are what we need, we score hatfuls already, ergo we need no bog-standard striker. we needed someone exceptional, an owen (on his day), a torres, a villa. not a bellamy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:28 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Was just a general yawn, Gibbi. Not directed at you in particular. This place has turned into a Piranha infested river

chuck a lamb in, good for a laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:29 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
i'll cheer the goal, not the man, and i wouldn't be awestruck. i have too much contempt. bellamy is one of those players i absolutely detest. the point about whinging is voicing dissatisfaction, and boy am i dissatisfied about signing bellamy, and have become moreso since the kaka and robinho kerfuffles have quietened down. the man is a twat, he's a twat on the pitch, he's a twat off it, he is, simply, a twat. i am not happy with him being in a city shirt for £14million, i would be equally unhappy if he was here on a free and playing for a burger after the match.

I suppose I see your point, and after the disappointment of losing out on Kaka, it is a bit shit, but on the flipside we have a player who will grind and graft for the full 90 minutes, and will put in 100% whenever he plays. I do agree with you when you say £14mill is ridiculous though

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next