Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:40 am 

It says in todays mirror that Hughes has been playing Micah in midfield & has been very impressed with him, Micah himself believes he is suited to a more attacking role (apparentley, it is the mirror:rolleyes:The same paper says we have been using Micah in this role in games played behind closed doors. The imminent arrival of Ben Haim will enable Hughes to push Micah further forward.

Can anyone see this working?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am 
Scotty wrote:
It says in todays mirror that Hughes has been playing Micah in midfield & has been very impressed with him, Micah himself believes he is suited to a more attacking role (apparentley, it is the mirror:rolleyes:The same paper says we have been using Micah in this role in games played behind closed doors. The imminent arrival of Ben Haim will enable Hughes to push Micah further forward.

This was suggested a year or two back as being Micah's best position and something he would one day be groomed for. Perhaps this is the day. We certainly have missed his charges up the right hand side. Why not give him a right sided role in a friendly or two and see how it works out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am 

Scotty wrote:

Would love to see Micah playing midfield...trouble is..I love seeing him as a defender...any chance of cloning him?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:24 pm 

i was thinking about but with corlucka instead of micah - both could work tbh, but corlucka has got more discipline

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:44 pm 

Fuck that off, he's cracking where he is.. stop skimping Hughes.. get spending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:48 pm 

Micah has always been a natural midfielder - that as his position but obviously he showed some talent as a defender and has been used there. This shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone though if it does happen, midfield is his position

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:35 pm 

If Richards plays at right back this season with Corluka in the centre then he would be more attacking anyway. He always is when he plays for England.

CTID

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:39 pm 

I was just thinking the other day whether this would work or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:35 pm 
Badger wrote:
I was just thinking the other day whether this would work or not.

Did you come to a conclusion, Badge? Come on, don't keep it to yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:59 pm 

If we dont sign a RM I'd prefer him at right back as going forward he's much better than Charlie or Ned. With a decent RM theres no need to disrupt the Dunne and Micah Partnership with Charlie on the right and Ned a sub.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:03 pm 

blue mooner 1988 wrote:
If we dont sign a RM I'd prefer him at right back as going forward he's much better than Charlie or Ned. With a decent RM theres no need to disrupt the Dunne and Micah Partnership with Charlie on the right and Ned a sub.

My thoughts exactly.. We have one of the best partnerships in the league with Micah and Dunne, it would be a shame to break that, it would be interesting to see Micah on the right though and see how Corluka and Dunne develop.. i think there's potential there and that would give us pace and more attacking flair on the right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:44 pm 

i totally agree with everything everyone else has said about Dunne and Richards etc but do you not think sometimes Micah throws himself in too much, which leads to the odd mistake. Dont get me wrong he's awesome but if he feels more comfortable in midfield(it was his original position wasn't it?) give him a go. He's got the pace strength and agression. If we're gonna supposedly get Ben Haim, Neill or Samba(the better of the 3) and Charlie looks good at both RB and CB then why not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:47 pm 

I'd have to see him play there a bit first. I'm not sure if he has the long range passing ability that I wanna see in a midfielder. Being a good defender would make him ideally suited to the holding roll, but the that would be wasting his speed. I think we'd get the best out of all his attributes by playing him as an overlapping right back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:57 pm 

I'll just keep him in the defence,If it ain't broke don't fix it, also gives Capello the chance to see him where he's best before the Czech friendly, hopefully he'll be picked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:58 pm 

yeah he'd definitely have to work on his passing game, that would make him truly amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:59 pm 

Anyone who watched the home leg of the youth cup final v liverpool a few years back, would have seen micah in midfield. He was the best player on the park by a mile. Had he played the first came we would have won it that year aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 pm 

if micah would be in midfielder onuoha should play at cb methinks with charlie rb

http://waitforthewhistle.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 pm 

save me jeebus wrote:
I'd have to see him play there a bit first. I'm not sure if he has the long range passing ability that I wanna see in a midfielder. Being a good defender would make him ideally suited to the holding roll, but the that would be wasting his speed. I think we'd get the best out of all his attributes by playing him as an overlapping right back.

I don't think his all round passing is good enough tbh, and though he can rampage on the right, I don't think of him as being a brilliant crosser. I think Micah's right where he is, though I can see the case for swapping him and Charlie over.

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:01 pm 

Micah is quality in the holding roll but I thought he was awesome at centre half last year. His partnership with Dunne at the back played a big roll in getting the double over the rags. I prefer to see Corluka at right back than centre half TBH he was unbelievable there at the Euros. It is a sham to leave Ned out though isn't it. It would be a shame bringing in another decent defende like Samba or Ben Haim for them to be kept out of the team every week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:13 pm 

I swear Stuart Pearce, stuck him centre midfield once before?