Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sergio Kun aguero
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:52 pm 

Longer to recover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm 

Signed a new 5 year contract.

Silva, Nasri, Kolarov, Kompany and Aguero. So far it's been...ok, but I won't relax until Richard Wright signs a new contract :snooty:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:59 am 

One of the best (looking) strikers in the world but how many games will he be fit enough to play over these 5 years?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:24 am 

I got the feeling that this was agents knocking on the door with such and such has got a new deal, my players wants one too but they seem to have all been sotred too close together for that to have been the case.

Also can somebody please block this Everton spastic please?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:30 am 

BBC Sport wrote:
He has made 122 appearances for the club and scored 75 goals.

:eek: That's phenomenal!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:45 am 

I hope that joe gets offered a new contract soon.
If he is not picked for the first couple of games he will be on his bike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:06 am 

I wouldn't worry too much Bert, I still think Joe will be first choice for most games.
City will have promised WC a number of games and that's probably what he'll get. Some Prem games, most FA Cup matches and all the League Cup games is my guess.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 am 

Losing an younger, English, better keeper to keep Willy happy is too stupid to contemplate. Might happen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 pm 

Would be typical city though

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:38 pm 

I'm forever doing things to keep Willy happy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:05 pm 

Good Article on TeamTalk, which I happen to agree with.

Quote:
After Sergio Aguero scored all four goals in Manchester City's win over Tottenham, Sarah Winterburn argues the Argentine is under-appreciated.

"Who are better than me? The two extra-terrestrials, Ronaldo and Messi, Ibrahimovic, Ribéry and Robben. They make the difference almost every game."

Those were the words of Eden Hazard this week when asked to name the five players in the world he rates even higher than he rates himself. None of those players grace the Premier League so we can assume that Hazard believes he is equal to anybody in England.

He's wrong; Sergio Aguero is the finest player in the Premier League. And yet he is only the seventh favourite to be named PFA Player Of The Year this season. And you can get a massive 100/1 on him winning the Ballon D'Or. And he was ranked only 35th in the Daily Telegraph's list of the 100 greatest players in the Premier League this week.

This is a man who has now scored 61 goals in just 95 Premier League appearances, giving him a games-per-goal ratio close to that of Thierry Henry (1.55 narrowly 'worse' than 1.45). Aguero's intelligence, guile, poise, strength, pace and near-faultless finishing should put him in the same bracket as Henry and yet he has never even been named in the PFA Team of the Year.

"Aguero is among the best players in the world. Now it is up to him to make it and fight for the Ballon d'Or as best player, because he has all the qualities you can ask of a football player," said Manuel Pellegrini last month, before comparing his artistry to Mozart ahead of his symphony against Tottenham.

Pellegrini recognises his luck in inheriting one of the world's greatest players but does England know how fortunate we are to be graced by the presence of a truly brilliant footballer?

Or are we going to have a Big Yellow Taxi moment when he eventually leaves for Spain? Why is Aguero so rarely mentioned in the same breath as Ronaldo, Henry or even Luis Suarez?

Sergio Aguero had three efforts saved but his other four finishes were typically ruthless

Is it because he goes about his quite phenomenal business with such little fuss and zero arrogance? The cliche about 'letting your football do the talking' clearly translates to Spanish as it's difficult to recall ever hearing him speak. Do we give more credit to those who credit themselves?

Is it because he plays for a club outside the traditional triptych in terms of the volume of their support? Will he never be lauded like Ruud van Nistelrooy, Henry or Suarez because he is not held aloft by a large enough crowd?

Whatever the reason, there is a risk that Aguero will leave these shores one day without ever truly being appreciated. Indeed, he may well leave still comfortably the deadliest striker in Premier League history; his goals-per-minute ratio is better than any that of Henry, Van Nistelrooy, Van Persie, Rooney or any other superstar you care to name.

On Saturday against Tottenham, Aguero was irresistible. Manchester City won 4-1 largely because they have one of the greatest strikers in world football while Spurs have Roberto Soldado.

The City fans streaming out of the Etihad Stadium loved Aguero even more on Saturday afternoon than they did on Saturday morning. But do the rest of us love him enough?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:54 pm 

he really is something special. I've had a busy few years, forcing me to miss a lot of the football; but I've made a point of keeping an eye on Aguero. Never ever thought we'd see a player like him at City: he's one of the best. Just gotta keep injury free, and who knows? Maybe he can overtake Messi/ronaldo. He's definitely the most likeable of the world's best players :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:15 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Good Article on TeamTalk, which I happen to agree with.

Quote:
"Aguero is among the best players in the world. Now it is up to him to make it and fight for the Ballon d'Or as best player, because he has all the qualities you can ask of a football player," said Manuel Pellegrini last month, before comparing his artistry to Mozart ahead of his symphony against Tottenham.

That was the bit you agreed with yeah? Well that's wrong. It was Pochettino who said that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:34 am 

could be worse i guess.

Quote:
Manchester City’s Sergio Agüero set for lengthy layoff with ligament injury• Striker expected to be out for at least a month
• Manchester City will know full results on Monday or Tuesday
• Tearful Agüero to miss Roma gameShare 83
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Sunday 7 December 2014 22.39 GMT Sergio Agüero is helped off the pitch after injuring his knee against Everton on Saturday. Photograph: Jason Cairnduff/Action Images
Sergio Agüero faces a lengthy layoff due to the knee ligament damage suffered during Saturday’s 1-0 win over Everton, though Manchester City are hopeful he will be out for no longer than a month in what still represents a sizeable blow to the champions.

The club is relieved Agüero has not suffered more serious damage after leaving the Etihad Stadium field in tears. The Argentinian has suffered distension of the lateral ligament of his left knee, according to reports in his homeland, with it being claimed the 19-goal striker could be ruled out for up to seven weeks.

With City travelling to Roma for Wednesday’s crucial Champions League game, Manuel Pellegrini has urged his team to win without Agüero but the Chilean now faces a striking crisis with Stevan Jovetic, who would normally start instead of Agüero, a doubt because of a hamstring problem while Edin Dzeko is not 100% fit following a calf injury.

Pellegrini is also uncertain of the fitness of Vincent Kompany, who will have a test in training after a hamstring strain, and David Silva following a knee problem.

Agüero suffered ligament damage after two minutes of the victory over Everton at the Etihad Stadium, the Argentinian leaving the field in tears. He is due to have a scan on Monday or Tuesday depending on when the swelling eases but City will be without their in-form striker for the final Group E match against Rudi García’s side.

City are level on points with Roma and CSKA Moscow and know that, if they beat the Italian club and the Russian champions do not defeat Bayern Munich, they are through to the knockout phase.

Pellegrini, the City manager, said: “We would prefer to play with Sergio but, if he cannot play, we must try to continue the same way we have been playing in the last week. Remember, last season we played a lot of games without Sergio – and these are the same players and the same team. So I hope we can recover from this important injury but we have a good squad and we will see how we can do it. He had pain in his knee. He told us he felt something strange happen inside. But we will know more soon.”

Pellegrini denied that City, who have won their last five matches, are a one-man side. “Well, I don’t know if that is the [correct] perception about us. It is one thing that a player can be in a very good moment as Sergio was until today but I don’t think he has carried us. We have beaten a very difficult team like Everton without Sergio, without Silva, without Kompany, without Jovetic and with Dzeko only able to play 20 minutes.

“Every big team must have important players like Sergio. I suppose Ronaldo is very important for Real Madrid, Messi is very important for Barcelona but neither of those teams are all about just one player. The confidence is very high in this moment for the whole team but the injuries mean it is not the best way to approach such an important game as Roma. But I have confidence in this team and I hope we will do it in the same way that we have won these last five games.”

Of Silva Pellegrini said: “We will see. I hope he is better, maybe he is not 100% but we have three more days to decide. Kompany – the same thing. He is running but we will see on Sunday and on Monday especially to see if he can play. Jovetic has a small problem in his hamstring. I hope he will be OK.”

Would Pellegrini risk Kompany against Roma if there was any doubt over his complete recovery? “I will take the decision with the player and the doctor,” he said, before explaining why José Pozo, who is 18, replaced Agüero on Saturday rather than Dzeko. “Because Pozo is a young player who has a lot of [physical] condition whereas Edin had only just trained with the squad today and was not able to play more than 20-25 minutes. It would have been a risk for the next game if we had made Edin play any more minutes. I think it was a good substitution. I think Pozo played very well. He had chances that were saved. So that was the reason.”

Fernandinho was not in the squad against Everton. “He had not recovered 100% from the last game. That is why I preferred to rest him today,” the manager added.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:50 pm 

minimum of 4 weeks..
6 games...= Oh shit...

gutted...he was well on for a golden boot this season... :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:59 pm 

We have at least 2 internationals for each position so no problem

Are Argentinian internationals the same as Bosnian ones?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:28 am 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
minimum of 4 weeks..
6 games...= Oh shit...

gutted...he was well on for a golden boot this season... :(

at least it is a relatively easy streak of games, bar the roma one. which also happens to be the most important. bollocks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:06 pm 

Manuel confirms Aguero out for 4-6 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:28 pm 

One article suggested he may be out for as long as 8 weeks. I know this is just speculation, but that means he may not be back until Jan. 31st. If that's the case, here's the schedule he'll miss:

Sat 13 December 2014 15:00 GMT A Leicester City Barclays Premier League
Sat 20 December 2014 12:45 GMT H Crystal Palace Barclays Premier League
Fri 26 December 2014 15:00 GMT A West Brom Barclays Premier League
Sun 28 December 2014 15:00 GMT H Burnley Barclays Premier League

Thu 01 January 2015 15:00 GMT H Sunderland Barclays Premier League
Sat 10 January 2015 15:00 GMT A Everton Barclays Premier League
Sun 18 January 2015 16:00 GMT H Arsenal Barclays Premier League
Sat 31 January 2015 17:30 GMT A Chelsea Barclays Premier League

I suppose there will be some cup games added to that schedule.

It doesn't look too bad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:08 pm 

Here is a thing I wrote for a blog I write for. Read it if you want. Ignore if you want. Call me a cunt if that's still standard procedure round here.

Safe.

http://www.typicalcity.org/2015/01/07/aguero-injury-was-a-blessing-in-disguise-sort-of/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next