Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sergio Kun aguero
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 am 

I read its a month this morning. So thats a relief...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 pm 

Sergio Aguero ‏@aguerosergiokun
Thank you all for your concern. I'm better but still resting with an ice pack on the swollen area.

Sergio Aguero ‏@aguerosergiokun
And very eager to start recovery physio tomorrow! I'll keep you posted. All the best!

Well there you go Danny! Nothing to be worried about at all! I was never in doubt ;)
With all the muscle on those legs of his I would say that it would take a battle-axe to cause any lasting harm!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am 

Sergio has given me enough swollen areas in his time, it's about time the shoe was on the other foot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:53 am 

Carlos and Mario in the meantime? I hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:01 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Sergio has given me enough swollen areas in his time, it's about time the shoe was on the other foot.

Like.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:50 pm 

update on Aguero coming up shortly on the OS.

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC

SERGIO AGUERO: Latest injury news on the City striker will be on the City website in the next half hour...http://www.mcfc.co.uk/ #MCFC

"Sergio Aguero has handed City a major early soon boost with the news he could be fit for the Blues’ trip to Stoke on 15 September.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 am 

Aguero named in Argentinian squad for their international next month.

Hmmmmmmmm yeah okay then.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 pm 

Roberto Mancini has been bothered by the call for Aguero with Argentina for the games against Paraguay and Peru on 7 and 11 September.

Obviously.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:15 pm 

This guy :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:58 pm 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/feedarticle/10542612

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:06 pm 

:eek:

Manchester City's Sergio Aguero sets his sights on Chelsea on Sunday bolstered by statistics proving his strike rate since joining the club is the best in Premier League history.
The Premier League's Opta number crunchers have worked out that the Argentine's 28 goals have come at a rate of one every 111 minutes - better than the likes of Robin van Persie, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer.

Love Sergio.

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

Manchester City's Sergio Aguero sets his sights on Chelsea on Sunday bolstered by statistics proving his strike rate since joining the club is the best in Premier League history.
The Premier League's Opta number crunchers have worked out that the Argentine's 28 goals have come at a rate of one every 111 minutes - better than the likes of Robin van Persie, Thierry Henry and Alan Shearer.

Love Sergio.

But we only play for 90

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:31 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

Love Sergio.

But we only play for 90

I think someone at the club has been misleading the players:

"Tick Tock
Joe Hart (or 'Hartdog' as we believe he prefers these days) adopted a slightly resigned 'Whadderyagonnado?' shrug after Manchester City were pushed out of the Champions League like a man who's had one too many daiquiris is shoved out of a trendy Hale cocktail bar.

"I don't know if it's a blessing but we're good enough to get back into games - we just didn't have enough time tonight."

Real Madrid scored in the tenth minute. City had, including injury-time, roughly 85 minutes to score two goals. That's nearly a whole standard football game.

Exactly how much time do you need, Hartdog?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:41 pm 

Manchester City wait to discover full extent of Sergio Agüero injury• Agüero damaged hamstring during win over Stoke
• Joint top scorer could miss match against Arsenal
Share 3
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 2 January 2013 12.20 GMT
Manchester City's are waiting to discover the full extent of Sergio Agüero's hamstring injury. Photograph: Lee Smith/Action Images
Manchester City face an anxious wait to discover the severity of Sergio Agüero's hamstring injury, with no prognosis expected until Thursday afternoon at the earliest.

The delay is due to the club's medical department wanting to wait for the swelling to go down before conducting a full examination of the player's hamstring.

Agüero suffered the problem a little after scoring a 71st-minute penalty in City's 3-0 win over Stoke City on New Year's Day. The striker was unchallenged as he pulled up in pain when running with the ball.

Agüero will miss Saturday's FA Cup third round tie against Watford and could also be unavailable for the important league game at Arsenal on Sunday week. If so this would represent a sizeable blow to Roberto Mancini as the Argentinian's 10 goals make him the club's joint top scorer, alongside Edin Dzeko.

City's struggle to score prolifically this season has been a major factor in the champions trailing Manchester United by seven points, but with seven goals in their previous two league outings they had appeared to finally be addressing the issue, with Agüero also scoring in the 4-3 win at Norwich City.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am 

frmo grauniad article -
Quote:
Sergio Agüero has stated that his ambition is to one day win the Ballon d'Or, of which his countryman Lionel Messi is the current holder. "The Ballon d'Or is always going to go to Leo," he said. "Because of all that he has done for Barcelona and even Argentina national team, he deserves it. I know it would be difficult for me to win the Ballon d'Or one day. But I do know that if I work hard, maybe someday I will win it. I hope so. Every footballer dreams about being the best footballer in the world. The dreams are always the same ones: to win a World Cup, the Champions League and to become the best footballer in the world. I would be so happy if one day I win the Ballon d'Or."

City are seven points behind Manchester United as they bid to retain the title, with Agüero not concerned about the deficit. "Man City is fine," the striker said. "We are not playing as well as we did last season but we are winning the matches anyway. We have the team, so we definitely can play as we did last season. You have to think that this season we have had many important players injured: [Samir] Nasri, [David] Silva, [Vincent] Kompany, [Gaël] Clichy, [Micah] Richards, and even myself in the knee. There are no excuses but that's the truth.

"Sometimes I think people don't value what we have done: we are Premier League champions. We won the title even when Man United were ahead of us by lots of points but we didn't give up and we fought until the end. We were definitely the best team."

Agüero defended City from accusations that the riches of owner, Sheikh Mansour have bought the club success. "Some people say this team was built only through money, as if other clubs weren't. I want to be clear – only Barcelona have footballers from their youth system, the rest of the clubs, including us, don't."

Agüero recently broke up with his partner Giannina, the daughter of Diego Maradona, after a four-year relationship, and he admits being apart from their son is difficult.

"I'm trying to adapt myself to my new situation after my break-up," he said. "It's not easy because we lived many intense moments and strong experiences with Giannina. We grew up together as people and we loved each other a lot, and we also have our son Ben, who was a blessing.

"That's hard for me because Ben is in Argentina and I'm here. I try so that doesn't influence my performances, because I try to be a professional. I think that is not affecting my performances, but let me tell you: it's hard to be far away from your son. Its impossible for me not to miss him."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:34 pm 

Saw the report earlier on Messi / balloon d'or and I had the exact thought that ronaldo is awesome and without Messi it'd be his and my next thought was that Aguero can do this. If he can start being even slightly more accurate given chances, he could be anything. 24 years old dude. 24. Strength, techies, pace, confidence, team player....this guy can even improve. Frightening. Oh how I'd love it.

Also, forget Giannina, I'm single. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:06 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Saw the report earlier on Messi / balloon d'or and I had the exact thought that ronaldo is awesome and without Messi it'd be his and my next thought was that Aguero can do this. If he can start being even slightly more accurate given chances, he could be anything. 24 years old dude. 24. Strength, techies, pace, confidence, team player....this guy can even improve. Frightening. Oh how I'd love it.

Also, forget Giannina, I'm single. :)

Back. The fuck. Off.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:11 pm 

:TopHat1

Who was the idiot that let sturridge go?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:15 pm 

he wanted 75k for 9 appearances over a season, but jesus has he looked good at liverpool. shit in an england shirt mind.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:49 am 

F365 are now referring to Aguero as the third best player in the world. Negredo has got to be a close fourth.... :approve:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next