Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yaya Toure
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:41 pm 

Good man.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:11 am 

Quote:
Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure has committed his future to the club by signing a new four-year contract.

The 29-year-old has been a huge success since joining City from Barcelona for around £24m in the summer of 2010 and will now be staying until at least 2017.

Story

Great news.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:13 am 

Rumoured to have taken a pay cut in exchange for win bonus etc.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:58 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Rumoured to have taken a pay cut in exchange for win bonus etc.

Excellent if true.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:48 am 

Hopefully that will mean he stops fucking off to ACON

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:00 am 

Isnt there a gap between acons this time? I thought that's why they had them in consecutive years :think:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:27 am 

Quote:
Yaya Touré signs four-year Manchester City contract• English champions retain Ivorian's service until 2017
• 'This is where I want to be,' says Ivorian midfielder
Share 57
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Thursday 4 April 2013 17.29 BST
Yaya Touré's new deal can now keep him at Manchester City until 2017. Photograph: Lee Smith/Action Images
Yaya Touré has given Manchester City a boost ahead of Monday's derby with Manchester United at Old Trafford by signing a fresh, four-year contract that ties him to the club until 2017.

The deal is based around incentives, so if enough of these are triggered the midfielder can expect to earn around the same as his current salary of around £220,000 a week. In part these terms are an acknowledgement that Touré will have turned 34 by the time the contract expires.While in structuring it this way Ferran Soriano, the City chief executive, was employing an approach he has utilised previously when holding the same position at Barcelona, Txiki Begiristain, the club's director of football, was also instrumental in ensuring Touré committed the remainder of his peak years to the Premier League champions.

Touré said: "This is where I want to be. When I first arrived at City, every time I went to sleep I would dream about us winning something; now it is about us being the best team in whatever competition we take part in. I will never forget how I have been treated here by the fans, the club and the owners, and nothing would give me greater pleasure than to finish my career as a Manchester City player."

The Ivorian has been one of City's driving forces in winning the 2011 FA Cup and last season's championship, the club's first in 44 years. "I want to continue winning titles and trophies and continue to make history," Touré said. "I have enjoyed all of my time here and can't wait for the next chapter. This is an incredible club to be part of with fans that support a team to the end whatever the circumstances."

City are 15 points behind United with only eight games remaining. Yet despite the title defence being all but mathematically over, Touré, who is the current African Player of the Year, promised a strong finish to the campaign.

"Of course now it looks likely that we will not successfully defend the Premier League title and that is sad for all of us, but we can still finish second and win theFA Cup for a second time in three years and that is still an achievement for a club that won nothing for a long time," he said.

"We must try to finish on a high note and then start preparing to win more next season. Football is always a challenge and always a puzzle to solve and that is why we all love the game. You have to use your skill, intelligence and strength to constantly improve and that is what we at City intend to do."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:58 am 

Excellent news. I know its not new but I like the idea of significant win bonuses.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:17 pm 

Markered Man wrote:
Excellent news. I know its not new but I like the idea of significant win bonuses.

Agreement from me sir...
Will look good for potential new blood too..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:46 am 

Quote:
Manchester City must make up for last season's failure says Yaya Touré• 'This year we want to do the job' says Ivorian midfielder
• £100m investment in four signings 'is very good to see'
Share 14
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson in Hong Kong
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 25 July 2013 23.00 BST
Manchester City's Yaya Touré disputes possession with a young boy during a Premier League Community Festival in Hong Kong. Photograph: Robert Cianflone/Getty Images for Premier League
Yaya Touré has warned that Manchester City's £100m investment in new signings this summer is a huge statement of intent, with Manuel Pellegrini's side determined to reclaim the title and make a serious Champions League challenge. The Ivorian also agrees with Ferran Soriano, the City chief executive, that the club should win five trophies in five seasons.

Jesús Navas, Fernandinho, Stevan Jovetic and Alvaro Negredo have been recruited at an initial cost of £88m which when salaries and bonuses are considered pushes the total beyond £100m.

Asked how big a message this is from the club, Touré said: "It's very good to see, they're unbelievable players. They play with their national teams – Negredo, Navas [both Spain] and Fernandinho [Brazil]. And Jovetic is a great young talent [who plays for Montenegro] – he's got a fantastic future ahead of him. I'm glad all these players have come to the club because we need it and hope this season is going to be fine for us.

"The club want to improve in every aspect and I hope this season is going to be good for us because we know we have a great challenge against Chelsea, Arsenal, United, Tottenham and Liverpool.

"This year is going to be tough but I hope with the squad we have and some good luck we get some trophies this year."

Soriano, who was general manager at Barcelona, stated that City should be winning five trophies in five years and Touré said this approach was recognisable from his time at the Camp Nou, when he won two La Liga titles and the 2009 Champions League. "Yes, it's very important. I've known that [attitude] for a long time, having played with Barcelona in Spain. We had to win. You have high standards. For me the most important thing is to achieve something because a winning mentality is all about that. Try to achieve something every year and make the job bigger."

Last season, City made a disappointing defence of the title, finishing 11 points behind Manchester United, while they failed to emerge from their Champions League group and lost the FA Cup final to Wigan Athletic.

Touré believes these failures are driving the players on for the new campaign. "The players are very focused now and we've seen that on the training ground," he said. "We've been very busy these last few weeks, we've having two or three training sessions a day sometimes, we're concentrating very hard. We want to win. We want to play well this year. But to do that we know we have to work hard. With the likes of [José] Mourinho going to Chelsea, we know it's going to be very hard this year.

"Last season we were a step away from winning the FA Cup but Wigan were better than us. In the Premier League and Champions League we were disappointing. This year we want to do the job. We want to work hard, keep it going, make it as hard as possible for our opponents and try to be better and stronger and I hope we show that."

Touré admits missing out was tough to take last year. "When you see what we did in pre-season and worked hard and we didn't win one thing, it's difficult," the midfielder said. "But when you lose you must not have done something right. It's important we win. In the final [against Wigan] we suffered. The feeling when you win something it is amazing for you, your team-mates, the fans and your family."

Touré is clear that having agreed a new contract that keeps him at the club until 2018, the upcoming season is important for him personally. "Of course – that's why I signed for City," he said. "To try to improve each year and help the club win a lot. I came here to win trophies and make stories [history]. It's very important for me and the club too because I know how much everyone desires it. The fans only want to see one Manchester club profit. I hope it's going to be fine and we win some trophies."

Yaya Touré appeared at the Premier League Community Festival at the Barclays Asia Trophy where it is running a development project for coaches and referees and a Creating Chances event for local children

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:14 pm 

Best City signing ever?

Just been cheking his opta stats for this season and the last and he's top or thereabout on everything for a midfielder - passes, runs, shots, goals... And when you consider how important his contributions in the big games are, I think you could easily make an argument for being our best signing ever, possibly our best player ever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:29 pm 

Anyone seen the Video from Newcastle?

3am Weekend just gone i think and the roads closed off for 10 mins or so and police called in because......

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:57 pm 

This chants gone over the bloody globe, Ayia Napa, Magaluf, Ibiza.

Great stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:28 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Anyone seen the Video from Newcastle?

3am Weekend just gone i think and the roads closed off for 10 mins or so and police called in because......

i hope the bro's have seen this...i bet a million quid that he never got that at barca..
:clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Despite great performances for Cote d'Ivoire, Yaya Toure wants to quit international level.

The powerful English-based players could retire from international football after Brazil 2014. The three-time African Player of the Year could quit to focus on his club career if the Elephants do well at this year's World Cup.

"I will see what happens at the World Cup. It's a very difficult decision and I want to do it at the right moment," the Manchester City star told the Daily Mirror.

"I am thinking about it, but I haven't decided when it will happen. I want to leave with a good name, in a good moment. The generation of players we have has always been regarded as something special, so we all want to give something good to remember."

Yaya, 30, has been pivotal to City's sizzling style in the last few seasons, with his drive from deep keeping the club successful.

The 2015 AFCON qualifiers are on the horizon, as are the World Cup and then the next African Cup next year - all that will take a physical toll on him.

Do it. Doooo iiittt!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:30 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:40 pm 

Sad Cafe comedy gold:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/yaya-toure.346320/page-16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:39 pm 

He's really quite good is Yaya. When do we start panicking that he is aging/leaving. I don't care to imagine a City era post-Yaya. Or Aguero for that matter.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 pm 

We will just carry on regardless.

We did that when you buggered off back to Oz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:57 pm 

I suggest when he gets too old we spend the subsequent decade being linked with young players dubbed 'the new Yaya Toure'.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next