Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:41 am 

yeah, think we'll see the monster known as Toure move back a bit into midfield with de jong and then unleash nasri, silva, aguero and dzeko on some poor unsuspecting bastards

hart

richards
komps
lescott
clichy

de jong
toure

nasri
silva

aguero

dzeko

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:42 am 

I think in that XI there's only Lescott that any other team in the Prem and, possibly most of Europe, wouldn't want in their squad

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:43 am 

In my fucking days...have a look at that team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:46 am 

*drools*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:57 am 

Timpblue wrote:
yeah, think we'll see the monster known as Toure move back a bit into midfield with de jong and then unleash nasri, silva, aguero and dzeko on some poor unsuspecting bastards

hart

richards
komps
lescott
clichy

de jong
toure

nasri
silva

aguero

dzeko

I'd say Dzeko must be loving this. Silva and Nasri both looking to play him theought with the killer pass. If he can build an understanding with Nasri I'd say he's a great shout for PL top scorer.

perhaps a complimentary Kleenex should be placed upon each seat at Eastlands this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:01 am 

i think we're going to see the kind of tally he got for wolfsburg tbh. and then there's ageuro's goals and assists as well. kun seems like a better shout for that front pairing with dzeko than teveth.

Quote:
Samir Nasri has a swipe at Arsenal fans after City deal goes through• Nasri doubles wages on four-year contract in £24m move
• 'Arsenal fans are not that passionate at the Emirates'

Tweet this

reddit this Daniel Taylor guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 24 August 2011 21.11 BST Article history
Samir Nasri greets the fans at Manchester City after he completed his £24m move from Arsenal. Photograph: Paul Ellis/AFP/Getty Images
Samir Nasri concluded his £24m move to Manchester City declaring that he had joined "the club of the future" before making a reference to Arsenal's supporters that will only increase the sense of acrimony surrounding the transfer.

Nasri, who has signed a four-year contract, admitted he had become "frustrated" at Arsenal and said he is looking forward to playing at a stadium with a better atmosphere than the Emirates.

"The City supporters are really passionate and it reminds me of [playing for] Marseille," Nasri said. "Arsenal have good fans but they are not that passionate since they moved from Highbury to the Emirates. The crowd at City are amazing and that's what you want as a player – a good atmosphere."

Nasri has roughly doubled his wages and the 24-year-old, in contention to make his debut in Sunday's game at Tottenham Hotspur, said it was "a big relief" to have finalised all the drawn-out negotiations.

"In France they are already calling Manchester City 'Galácticos' like they did with Real Madrid when they had [Zinedine) Zidane," he said. "It was a long, long negotiation between the two clubs but I'm a City player now and that's what I wanted from the start."

Nasri, their fifth and almost certainly final summer signing, was targeted after Barcelona had beaten them to the signature of Alexis Sánchez from Udinese, but Roberto Mancini's interest in the France international dates back to when he was manager of Internazionale five years ago and the player was still in France.

"He's a fantastic player," the City manager said. "I knew of him when he was at Marseille but in the last few years, playing in the Premier League, he has improved a lot. He has technique, mentality … he's similar to David Silva, but the difference is he [Nasri] can play in the middle, too. He's young, he can score goals, make assists – it's fantastic for the club."

Nasri received a welcome phone call from the chairman, Khaldoon Al Mubarak, after arriving at Eastlands, and the player revealed he had spoken at length over the summer with Patrick Vieira, the former Arsenal captain now working as City's football development executive.

"He made a big difference because he's a legend in France. Everyone loves him and respects him and when a player like that is telling you Manchester City is the place to be because they are the club of the future, that they want to win everything and have a big project, you have to listen."

The admission of what, in effect, appears to be tapping-up from Vieira is unlikely to ease the bad feeling that has been left behind at Arsenal at the end of a summer-long saga that began with Arsène Wenger declaring the player would not be sold.

"I was a little frustrated because I'd told the manager I wanted to leave and I wanted to do the whole pre-season with Manchester and get to know my team-mates," Nasri continued. "I was a bit frustrated but today is a big day for me. It's a new start and I'm looking forward to it. Even the weather was nice when I arrived. I don't see the difference from London and I am here to play football, to enjoy it and win the title."

gives good quote.

still a horse faced lesbian mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:34 am 

Timpblue wrote:

hart

richards
komps
lescott
clichy

de jong
toure

nasri
silva

aguero

dzeko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am 

Samir "David Brent" Nasri

Quote:
The world is a beautiful place. You must go into it and love everyone. Try to make everyone happy, and bring peace and contentment everywhere you go. And so I became a waiter ... Well, it's not much of a philosophy I know ... but well ... fuck you! I can live my own life in my own way if I want to! Fuck off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:43 pm 

Nasri should not have disrespected the Arsenal fans and should have kept his mouth shut on that score. They have paid his inflated wages for years and he owed them a better parting shot in my onion.

That said, he is verging on World Class and will be a great asset I am sure.
We are building a squad of variety from the rangey Dzeko and Balotelli to the shorter and agile Aguero, Silva and Nasri. Defence ain't bad either.. Exciting times for all of us.
Unbelievable really...innit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:54 pm 

balls. the arsenal fans have long been c nts of the first order. the eboue stuff, the abuse they gave nasri when he was on the bench in what would be his penultimate game as an arsenal player...

they may have paid his wages for a couple of years, but saying "i pay your wages so i can give you abuse" is weak, if not completely bollocks.

i like that he gave them shit. they deserve it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:12 pm 

Disagree. And if someone paid me 60k a week they could abuse me anyway they wanted...apart from my bottom. It's all about onions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:14 pm 

Are you calling opinions "onions" for a reason, is it an elderly northern thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:16 pm 

yep...elderly pseudo-malopropism. Sorry...but it's on my sig now so you'll need to get used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:19 pm 

..anyway onions are multi-layered and can bring tears to the eye..much like some of my onions really.This draw is baffling me - am a simple lad...ish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:20 pm 

You're not alone there tbh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:24 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
balls. the arsenal fans have long been c nts of the first order. the eboue stuff, the abuse they gave nasri when he was on the bench in what would be his penultimate game as an arsenal player...

they may have paid his wages for a couple of years,but saying "i pay your wages so i can give you abuse" is weak, if not completely bollocks.

i like that he gave them shit. they deserve it.

Disagree. The amount of shit we've given our own players over the years. Edghill left the field at half time in tears once.

A lot of football fans are knobs. They expect their players to be shit hot every week, but can't understand why other well played professionals might do their jobs too when playing in another colour. E.g. Klasnic last week.

Plus they think players should be loyal, when they'd jump ship for a better job no questions asked.

Players are not fans and should not be judged as such in 2011.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:26 pm 

Abattoir Blue wrote:
Disagree. The amount of shit we've given our own players over the years. Edghill left the field at half time in tears once.

A lot of football fans are knobs. They expect their players to be shit hot every week, but can't understand why other well played professionals might do their jobs too when playing in another colour. E.g. Klasnic last week.

Plus they think players should be loyal, when they'd jump ship for a better job no questions asked.

Players are not fans and should not be judged as such in 2011.

In a sea of bullshit your common sense islands are a welcome refuge.

(I'm so good with words :whistle:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:12 pm 

Abattoir Blue wrote:

Players are not fans and should not be judged as such in 2011

It is beyond me why so few people understand this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:19 pm 

Merchants the lot of them tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:43 pm 

1ofthe8015 wrote:
In a sea of bullshit your common sense islands are a welcome refuge.

(I'm so good with words :whistle:)

Ha!

Can I put that on my CV?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next