Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Samir Nasri
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:
Samir Nasri is looking at a 2 year International ban for his four letter outburst at journalists after france were knocked out of Euro 2012.

How can they possibly enforce that? Who exactly would enforce that? I smell bullshit.

FFF did it with Anelka(?) and co. after the last world cup, didn't they?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 pm 

sensible folks. ban one of your better players for two years, great idea.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:50 am 

He apologized apparently especially to the children and the public. Not to the journalist's though as there are a certain few that he was not happy with.
Seems like decent apology without actually saying sorry to the press!

Quote:
SSN: Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri has apologised to French football fans offended by his tirade at a journalist in the aftermath of his side's exit from Euro 2012.

The 25-year-old launched into a foul-mouthed rant at a French journalist as he was leaving the mixed zone in the Donbass Arena in Donetsk on Saturday evening, following his side's 2-0 quarter-final defeat to holders Spain.

France Football Federation president Noel le Graet and national team coach Laurent Blanc have since condemned Nasri's comments, with the former describing them as 'intolerable'.

The former Arsenal star could face a lengthy ban for his actions, with France football chiefs poised to meet and discuss his future in the coming days.

Deep respect

Nasri has responded by taking to Twitter to apologise to those offended by his comments, stressing that his argument was with certain journalists and he will explain more in the near future.

"There are too many different accounts going around at the moment. I would just like to let the supporters and especially the children know that I sincerely regret that my words may have shocked them," he said via his official Twitter account.

"I love the EDF [French team], football and I have a deep respect for the public.

"As for the rest, it is a personal affair between me and several journalists. I will explain when the time is deemed appropriate."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:29 pm 

Just noticed there's an Ask Nasri thing going on Twitter at the moment, not sure if he's gonna read and reply or what but see what this twat ahs asked???

Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan
Ever contemplated euthanasia? #AskNasri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:49 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Just noticed there's an Ask Nasri thing going on Twitter at the moment, not sure if he's gonna read and reply or what but see what this twat ahs asked???

Pillock

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:55 pm 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
Gallagheresque wrote:

Pillock

pillock..thats quite generous and kind tbf bert..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:14 pm 

Samir Nasri has been banned for three international matches by the French Football Federation for his conduct during 2012.

The FFF held a hearing on Friday and decided that the Manchester City midfielder must serve a three-match suspension due to the foul-mouthed insults he directed at reporters following France's quarter-final defeat to Spain.

Paris St Germain winger Jeremy Menez also faces a one-game ban for his behaviour in relation to an argument with the referee during the Spain game as well as a row with captain Hugo Lloris.

Two other France players, Yann M'Vila and Hatem Ben Arfa escaped with a warning following their hearings.

Rennes midfielder M'Vila's charge also stemmed from the Spain match, when he was substituted and did not shake hands with either his replacement Olivier Giroud or then coach Laurent Blanc.

Newcastle playmaker Ben Arfa, meanwhile, was referred to the commission over an alleged argument with Blanc in the dressing room after the group-stage defeat to Sweden.

The clampdown on the behaviour of France players comes as a result of the 2010 World Cup debacle that saw several of the squad propose strike action during the tournament in South Africa.
Calm

FFF discipline commission president Jean Mazzella told L'Equipe: "The meeting was calm, the players gave explanations and showed a very good attitude.

"They defended themselves but they answered all the questions we asked them. They did not apologise, they showed regret."

As a result of the sanctions, Les Bleus' new coach Didier Deschamps will be without both Nasri and Menez for their August 15 friendly against Uruguay.

Nasri will also be sidelined for their first two qualifying matches for the 2014 World Cup, away to Finland on September 7 and at home to Belarus four days later.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 pm 

Started the season in fine fettle this lad and I think he's going to be a big player for us this season. Created 5 goal scoring chances on Sunday on top of his goal, more than any other premiership player. Can see him being as important to us this season as Silva was last.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:00 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Started the season in fine fettle this lad and I think he's going to be a big player for us this season. Created 5 goal scoring chances on Sunday on top of his goal, more than any other premiership player. Can see him being as important to us this season as Silva was last.

Yep, so good! He and Silva will be dreamy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:

I really like Nasri. He's technically very good and surprisingly strong. With a bit of a nasty streak which is good. He's going to have a big part to play this season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:43 pm 

agree with everything said above... honestly a lot of players will be stepping up this season, plus most of our transfer usually take a season to settle in (minus Aguero)... Nasri i imagine is a bit a c**t, but i think that helps his style of play as he tends to get very fired up in game situations, i.e. going behind to a newly promoted team (not taking anything away from south hampton just saying) having that chip on his shoulder makes him more dangerous on this field and I wouldn't be surprised to see Mancini rest silva a few games this season and let Nasri roam between the strikers and Mildfield.

Cant wait for next week...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:20 pm 

Samir Nasri could miss festive period for Manchester City• Midfielder injured groin in last weekend's win at Newcastle
• Doubt for Reading, Sunderland, Norwich and Stoke games
Share 6
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 20 December 2012 09.29 GMT
Samir Nasri was forced off during Manchester City's win at Newcastle last weekend and could be sidelined for the Christmas period. Photograph: Lindsey Parnaby/EPA
Samir Nasri could miss the majority of the festive period for Manchester City following a groin injury suffered during Saturday's 3-1 win at Newcastle United.

The midfielder is a major doubt for the weekend visit of Reading with the club fearful he could be out for longer as Roberto Mancini attempts to close the six-point gap to the Premier League leaders Manchester United.

The Frenchman had been impressive for City in the first half against Newcastle before suffering the problem and being replaced after 37 minutes.

After Reading, City travel to Sunderland and Norwich City, before finishing the holiday fixtures with the visit of Stoke City on 1 January.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:35 am 

Manchester City's Samir Nasri says Stan Kroenke forced Arsenal to sell• Midfielder says Arsène Wenger had to listen to offers for him
• Nasri rebuffs Roberto Mancini's comments about his form
Share 95
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
guardian.co.uk, Monday 1 April 2013 22.46 BST
Samir Nasri said he was 'aware I have not had a good season' after Manchester City's manager, Roberto Mancini, criticised his performances. Photograph: Jon Super/AP
Samir Nasri has claimed Arsène Wenger was forced to sell him to Manchester City in the summer of 2011 by the club's owner, Stan Kroenke. The Frenchman, who moved to City in a £24m move, also rejected Roberto Mancini's suggestion that he has been training at only "50%" this season.

Speaking on beIN Sport, a French TV station, Nasri said: "I don't regret leaving Arsenal. I won the league while Arsenal have difficulty finishing fourth."

His claim that Wenger had to listen to offers for him due to pressure from Kroenke directly contradicts the Arsenal manager's repeated stance that he is in sole control of transfers at the club and that he is not working under any financial constraints. "Wenger told me that, if Cesc [Fàbregas] left, I would stay but Kroenke wanted the money. The coach told me we'll only take Gervinho, Cesc was already gone, I had only one year left so I decided to leave," Nasri said. Gervinho joined the same summer in which Nasri and Fàbregas, who went to Barcelona, departed.

Nasri was an integral member of last season's title-winning City team. This season the midfielder has been disappointing and after a rare man-of-the-match display in Saturday's 4-0 victory over Newcastle United at the Etihad Stadium, Mancini joked about his frustration at the 25-year-old.

The Italian said: "I would like to give him a punch, because a player like him should play like this always. I can't understand [why] sometimes a player with his quality doesn't play like today every game," the manager said.

With City 15 points behind Manchester United in a title defence that is all but mathematically over, Mancini mentioned that he believed that, on occasion, players think it is "enough to play 50%".

But Nasri said: "I am aware that I have not had a good season. There are many reasons. But when Mancini said that I'm training at 50%, this is not true. I felt comfortable against Newcastle. It's been a while since I felt good. I do not have regrets, I do not regret joining Manchester City. I want to play and perform. My departure from Arsenal was purely for sporting reasons."

Nasri spent three years at Arsenal and he said Wenger was the manager with the greatest influence on his career. "Wenger is the best coach I've worked with. I only regret not having more discussions with Arsène Wenger when I left," Nasri said. "He's the one who understood me the most and made me the player I am. I'm thankful."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:21 pm 

Bye bye samir..enjoy the rest of you borrowed time you're on dickhead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 am 

Hahahahaha

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:19 pm 

fuck is it with our players and traffic offences?

Quote:
Samir Nasri banned from driving for six months over unpaid fines• Manchester City man's car caught on speed cameras in 2011
• Nasri had been in dispute with police over fines
Share 14
inShare.0Email Staff and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 4 April 2013 10.58 BST
Samir Nasri has been banned from driving for six months over unpaid speeding fines. Photograph: Jason Cairnduff/Action Images
Manchester City's Samir Nasri has lost his battle with police over unpaid speeding fines and has been banned from driving for six months.

Nasri is the second Blues player in a week to receive a ban after Carlos Tevez pleaded guilty on Wednesday to driving while disqualified and without insurance.

According to the Manchester Evening News, City's French midfielder had forced Greater Manchester police to hand back £1,900 after they sent bailiffs to his home to pick the cash up.

He signed a declaration saying he did not know his Mercedes had been caught on speed cameras three times.

But traffic police responded by launching their own investigation, which brought the Frenchman's case back to court.

Nasri finally admitted three charges of failing to tell police who was behind the wheel. As a result, he was banned from driving for six months and ordered to pay his fines for a second time.

The saga began when Nasri's car triggered three speed cameras over four months in 2011.

On 9 September 2011 it was photographed travelling at 70mph in a 40 zone. A month later, it was caught speeding at 39mph in a 30 zone and on 7 December, it triggered a camera while doing 38mph in a 30 zone.

Nasri denied the allegations when they were first heard last June, and the bailiffs were sent in after he was found guilty.

The case was heard again this week by Tameside magistrates. Nasri, 25, did not attend, but admitted the motoring offences through his defence team.

He pleaded guilty to three charges of failing to provide police with a driver's identity. He has never admitted being the driver at the time his car was caught speeding.

He was fined £667 for each offence, and ordered to pay £105 costs. His licence was endorsed with 18 penalty points, and he was banned from driving for six months.

Nasri's defence solicitor, Nick Terry, told magistrates: "Simply, he had a poor system of administration. In this case, the defendant received the notices some months after the driving. It took some time for the notices to be sent out.

"There will be a disqualification today, and he's aware of that. He's not driving at present and I will inform him immediately after the hearing of that disqualification.

"I don't have details of his income, but suffice to say he can pay whatever fine is deemed suitable by the courts."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:13 pm 

Daily Mail: Samir Nasri will be given a chance to prove himself by Pellegrini, who has told Txiki to keep Nasri if he wants to stay at City.

Daily Mail: Gareth Barry wants to stay and fight for his place at City despite the arrival of Fernandinho and Rodwell's likely re-emergence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:14 am 

Reports coming out of France about Nasri being out for the season

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:49 am 

well I hope that's not flippin' true. fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:58 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Daily Mail: Samir Nasri will be given a chance to prove himself by Pellegrini, who has told Txiki to keep Nasri if he wants to stay at City.

Daily Mail: Gareth Barry wants to stay and fight for his place at City despite the arrival of Fernandinho and Rodwell's likely re-emergence.

Lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next