Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sergio Aguero.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:22 am 

Diego Maradona has backed the idea of Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero moving back to Spain with Real Madrid.

Recent weeks have seen the Spanish league leaders linked with a sensational summer move for the former Atletico man.

The Argentine was on Real's radar before he joined City and now they are said to be stepping up their interest again with fellow countryman Gonzalo Higuain linked as part of a potential swap deal.

Aguero himself was quick to deny the suggestions that he could leave City when Real were linked last month.

But Maradona's quotes have again stoked up the flames of speculation over Aguero's future.

Speaking to Argentine radio station La Red, Maradona said: "Kun has to play for Real Madrid.

"Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake.

"Now, as he is doing so well, it will be difficult to get him from City. However, if Madrid want someone, they get them."

Maradona insists that Real will pay the money needed to land Aguero.

"Florentino has no limits. It's a question of convincing City - but not with money because they have plenty of that," he added

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 am 

We'd need a replacement so can't see it happening. I'd rather keep Aguero. Wouldn't be fair on his little lad to move him about all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:43 am 

Real can fuck off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:58 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Diego Maradona has backed the idea of Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero moving back to Spain with Real Madrid.

Recent weeks have seen the Spanish league leaders linked with a sensational summer move for the former Atletico man.

The Argentine was on Real's radar before he joined City and now they are said to be stepping up their interest again with fellow countryman Gonzalo Higuain linked as part of a potential swap deal.

Aguero himself was quick to deny the suggestions that he could leave City when Real were linked last month.

But Maradona's quotes have again stoked up the flames of speculation over Aguero's future.

Speaking to Argentine radio station La Red, Maradona said: "Kun has to play for Real Madrid.

"Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake.

"Now, as he is doing so well, it will be difficult to get him from City. However, if Madrid want someone, they get them."

Maradona insists that Real will pay the money needed to land Aguero.

"Florentino has no limits. It's a question of convincing City - but not with money because they have plenty of that," he added

Well considering the media has us down for getting rid of Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez, Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Guidetti in the Summer, we may as well make it the full set and just not bother with strikers next season. Fuck it, I want to see this line up next season...

Hart
Richards - Zabaleta - Toure - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy - Kolorov
Toure - de Jong - Barry

Anything more attacking and I fear we may start shipping goals.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:48 am 

We should arrange a meeting with Real, sit down, tell them there's no way on earth we'd consider selling them Aguero, then ask them how much they want for Higuain. He'd be perfect alonside Kun, he's big and strong and still only 24. And get this - he's got a better goal to minutes ratio than Messi or Ronaldo this season :confused:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm 

I'd go with that.

Aren't those Maradonna quotes a good few weeks old?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 pm 

It seems like Maradonna is running out of coke :happy-hippy:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:50 pm 

Higuain is a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:24 am 

Oh, bless him :)

Aguero's website wrote:
"I´m quickly recovering"
"This is the real status of my injury. I got back from practice today and it´s not bothering me. If it all goes well, Ill be at coach´s disposal next Sunday. I wasn´t able to speak earlier - many unfunded rumours were published, and there were simply too many to deny".

"This is the one and only true story: during the match against Chelsea, I injured my ankle and it was sprayed with a topical anaesthetic that caused a burn on the upper part of my right foot. The injury worsened after a few days and when boils appeared I was told I wouldn´t play against Stoke and then against Sunderland. You can imagine how I felt, being out of playing condition when my team is trying to take the championship! It´s always worse from the bench. Specially after I started receiving incredible rumours about how it all happened. Ive always respected journalists and I know my life is very public. I´m willing to take criticism even if I disagree with it, but I will not sit quietly while lies are being spread - even more so if they cast doubt upon my professionalism. This is a simple injury and not a plot of intrigue. I´ve just laid out all of the facts. It´s hard to believe it happened while we are fighting for the title. But it is what it is and it´s no time for moping. I just want to recover as soon as possible to go back to giving the team my best every game. I´ve said it before and I´ll say it again - we are going to fight ´til the end. That´s our collective goal and I´m fully committed to it". Kun

http://www.sergioaguero.com/EN/notas.php?ID=581

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:49 am 

Impressed by his honesty. He really is a model professional, massive asset.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm 

Sounds to me like he's angling for a move to Madrid.

C*nt.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:15 pm 

Sergio Agüero - Unbelievable | 1080HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwZVVqj55wQ
Please subscribe, comments and rate on youtube :)

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:09 am 

Ohhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Incoming Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini’s first job would be to persuade Sergio Aguero to stay at the club.

City are in the middle of negotiations with Pellegrini’s club Malaga and hope to have the 59-year-old Chilean at the Etihad Stadium within two weeks.

However, Sportsmail understands that Pellegrini would walk straight into a battle to keep Aguero after the club’s top goalscorer this season indicated to team-mates that he is ready to consider offers elsewhere.

Departing? Argentina international Sergio Aguero is possibly Manchester City's best player

Part of the 24-year-old striker’s unhappiness in recent weeks has stemmed from discord in the City dressing room. Officials at the club hope this may ease now that there is about to be a change of manager.

However, Aguero has been unhappy since the breakdown of his marriage to wife Giannina and that has contributed to his doubts about the future.

Aguero, who scored against Reading on Tuesday, is a popular figure at City, where staff are doing all they can to make life comfortable for the man who scored the goal that clinched the league title last May.

Challenge: Manuel Pellegrini would inherit a weakened squad if he cannot persuade the forward to stay

City will hope that the situation can be resolved before Aguero is tempted by interest from other clubs.

David Platt, former manager Roberto Mancini’s right-hand man, on Tuesday followed the Italian out of the club.

A City statement said: ‘With regret we announce that David Platt has left his role as assistant manager. David was offered the opportunity to continue his work with us but has declined the invitation.

Historic: Aguero's late goal against QPR sealed City's first Premier League title last season

‘David has made a significant contribution to the club’s success since joining in 2010 and we wish him well with his career wherever that now takes him.’

Meanwhile, Mancini is a target for French clubs Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco, who are also interested in City strikers Carlos Tevez and Edin Dzeko

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 pm 

lol...."ready to consider offers elsewhere"... :rolleyes:

City confirm Aguero contract extension

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/M ... s-new-deal

Sergio Aguero has underlined his commitment to Manchester City with a one-year extension to his contract, which now runs until 2017, the Club can confirm.
Club record signing Aguero joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and wrote his name into the Blues’ history books by scoring the winning goal against QPR that sealed the 2011/12 Premier League title.

The 24-year-old has become a crowd idol during his first two seasons at the Etihad Stadium and has scored 47 goals from just 69 starts for City.

Speaking recently, Sergio said: “I'm very happy at City and I feel very appreciated. It's been barely two years since I've arrived and sometimes I feel like I've been here for all my life.

“I have a fantastic relationship with the fans, and that always reminds me of our title and that goal against QPR. I can never forget that moment.

“Now I am looking forward to next season and pushing hard to win the title again.”

News of Aguero’s contract extension follows recent new deals for the likes of Gael Clichy, Yaya Toure and David Silva and provides another big boost ahead of the summer’s preparations for the 2013/14 season.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:48 pm 

O Blue wrote:
lol...."ready to consider offers elsewhere"... :rolleyes:

City confirm Aguero contract extension

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/M ... s-new-deal

Sergio Aguero has underlined his commitment to Manchester City with a one-year extension to his contract, which now runs until 2017, the Club can confirm.
Club record signing Aguero joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and wrote his name into the Blues’ history books by scoring the winning goal against QPR that sealed the 2011/12 Premier League title.

The 24-year-old has become a crowd idol during his first two seasons at the Etihad Stadium and has scored 47 goals from just 69 starts for City.

Speaking recently, Sergio said: “I'm very happy at City and I feel very appreciated. It's been barely two years since I've arrived and sometimes I feel like I've been here for all my life.

“I have a fantastic relationship with the fans, and that always reminds me of our title and that goal against QPR. I can never forget that moment.

“Now I am looking forward to next season and pushing hard to win the title again.”

News of Aguero’s contract extension follows recent new deals for the likes of Gael Clichy, Yaya Toure and David Silva and provides another big boost ahead of the summer’s preparations for the 2013/14 season.

INSTANT UBER WOOD.....

Agueroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wicked news...

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:11 pm 

Fucking get in there!!!!

Really hope we hold onto Tevez as well.

Captain Fantastic staying put as well......

Vincent Kompany ‏@VincentKompany 13h
Speculations and questions about next season.. I'm not going anywhere. I love playing for City and I've still got some unfinished business

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:56 pm 

Good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:48 pm 

Citizen24/7 wrote:
Sergio Aguero Skills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIRWT65ABsg&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1   
Plz Watch and Like

Listen..if you come on our forum and start spamming other threads with your video, your not going to get anyone to watch it, and more than likely, just have us telling you to fuckoff.....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:28 pm 

Aguero to play for Messi.

Lionel Messi is assembling a vast squad of players from the Premier League and afar to take part in a trio of charity matches for his foundation.

Former Chelsea forward Florent Malouda, who is currently a free agent following a campaign in the reserves at the Blues, joins stars such as Sergio Aguero, Edinson Cavani and Thierry Henry for ‘Lionel Messi and Friends’ matches being held over the next fortnight in Columbia, Peru and Chicago.

All proceeds from the fixtures will go directly to the foundation, which works to build a better future for children and adolescents internationally.
Lionel Messi

The best: For many, Barcelona's Lionel Messi is the greatest player in the world
Lionel Messi foundation

Charity: A host of stars will join forces in aid of the Lionel Messi foundation

The first match tomorrow in Medellin, Columbia, will also feature the likes of Javier Mascherano, Robinho, James Rodriguez, Mario Yepes, Martin Demichelis, Pablo Aimar, Daniel Osvaldo, Marek Hamsik, Paolo Cannavaro, Eric Abidal, Julio Baptista, Diego Lugano, David Luiz, Alex Song, Carlos Bocanegra and Cesc Fabregas in the 36-man squad.

Florent Malouda is evidently delighted at being selected to play, “The games will not only bring together some of the greatest talents still playing the game but will also raise funds for a very worthy cause,” he said

k

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 am 

Charity donations: tax deductable innit ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next