Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sergio Aguero.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 am 

I have an ominous feeling that if we don't win the league we will have a completely different team next year and probably a different manager as well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:25 am 

We will have Mourinho. This is a good thing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:39 am 

Not necessarily. He is not a city type person.
Difficult to explain, but Kimbo will know what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:35 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I have an ominous feeling that if we don't win the league we will have a completely different team next year and probably a different manager as well.

Doubtful - our owners have generally seemed less keen to drop the axe (or even threaten to) than the likes of Abramovic and I would imagine they could see the value of a very strong second place finish, even if we fail to lift a trophy this year. The current team is a potentially league-winning one and, Tevez aside, all the players appear to be pulling in the same direction. Realistically I would expect we may lose the elder Touré in the summer, perhaps de Jong and hopefully Tevez - other than that I personally can't see the motivation for any other first-team player to leave (unless we get a ridiculous Ronaldo-esque bid).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:18 am 

DarloBlue wrote:

Doubtful - our owners have generally seemed less keen to drop the axe (or even threaten to) than the likes of Abramovic and I would imagine they could see the value of a very strong second place finish, even if we fail to lift a trophy this year. The current team is a potentially league-winning one and, Tevez aside, all the players appear to be pulling in the same direction. Realistically I would expect we may lose the elder Touré in the summer, perhaps de Jong and hopefully Tevez - other than that I personally can't see the motivation for any other first-team player to leave (unless we get a ridiculous Ronaldo-esque bid).

it's a scary thought at the back of my mind, but i don't think it's too grave a threat. mancini's done a belting job this year, we're playing wonderfully exciting and expansive football. i don't see why we would lose yaya, de jong and teveth maybe, but we can resist offers for any players we want to keep surely?

plus we could still win the europa cup...

oh, and DO NOT WANT mourinho. we'd be back to the standard of football last year, painfully fucking dull even if it would (probably) be successful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:

it's a scary thought at the back of my mind, but i don't think it's too grave a threat. mancini's done a belting job this year, we're playing wonderfully exciting and expansive football.

oh, and DO NOT WANT mourinho. we'd be back to the standard of football last year, painfully fucking dull even if it would (probably) be successful.

This. 100% this. I will be very surprised if Roberto gets the boot. It kinda seems counter productive to sack the manager after investing that much money and time in to him and the squad after only a few years. The club let him built the team he wanted and drastically change the style of game we play, again, a lot of money down the drain. I'd say if he doesn't meet the boards goals next season then we can start being nervous.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:27 am 

It will all be fine. We are in Champs League for sure, so if in the likely event there is mass exodus we can procure quality players. Name another team in the world that threatens more excitement than us (RMadrid and Barca aside)?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 am 

not 100% sure about Real... i mean i know they are a bit of a steam roller but then the league in spain is, arguably, far less competitive than ours. a sort of high class scottish league. Barca certainly, especially based on showings in europe where they dismantle very good teams so comprehensively. have Real been doing the same, not been following...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:38 pm 

If we do finish this season trophyless it'll be the first real test of the owners and their intentions I reckon. Regarding Aguero I thought I'd read somewhere Atletico asked for a clause in his contract that said we couldn't sell him directly to Real? I might be making that up but there we go. I'm not worried about him going anyway it's just the usual overt shit that comes out of Spain whenever a player is going well over here who they feel 'belongs' to their league or whatever. Aguero knew what he was signing up for when he came over here (a fat paycheck and an opportunity to prove himself in a new league) and I don't think his head'll be turned just because teams who he would have known wanted him anyway have started making a few jealous noises.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm 

He looks happy here to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
DarloBlue wrote:

it's a scary thought at the back of my mind, but i don't think it's too grave a threat. mancini's done a belting job this year, we're playing wonderfully exciting and expansive football. i don't see why we would lose yaya, de jong and teveth maybe, but we can resist offers for any players we want to keep surely?

I said the elder Touré - that being Kolo. He could well prefer first-team football to permanently warming our bench and I think if he were to leave it would be on good terms. I'd like de Jong to stay but there's been murmurs of various clubs being interested and a guarantee of first-team football may tempt him; he's had a bit more of a run in the team of late so maybe it's less of an issue now. We really could do with getting Tevez, Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Bridge off the wage-book permanently. Must be on well over £500k p/week between them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:41 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
Must be on well over £500k p/week between them.

Yeah, it's a disgusting amount of money. :( Thats like 2 or 3 Agueros? eek..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:52 pm 

DarloBlue wrote:
I said the elder Touré - that being Kolo. He could well prefer first-team football to permanently warming our bench and I think if he were to leave it would be on good terms. I'd like de Jong to stay but there's been murmurs of various clubs being interested and a guarantee of first-team football may tempt him; he's had a bit more of a run in the team of late so maybe it's less of an issue now. We really could do with getting Tevez, Santa Cruz, Adebayor and Bridge of the wage-book permanently. Must be on well over £500k p/week between them.

whoops, thought bigger = older tbf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:56 am 

Good read :approve:
Quote:
Manchester City forward Sergio Aguero has told Real Madrid he is not interested in a move to the Bernabeu in the summer.

The La Liga leaders have been linked with a summer swoop for the £35million Argentina striker following his excellent first season in the Premier League.

But Aguero, who arrived at the Etihad Stadium from Real's city rivals Atletico last summer, insisted he was a City player for the long term.

City's top scorer said: "None of the stories about Real Madrid have come from me and the City fans can rest assured I am happy here.

"First and foremost, the major aim is to win the league title this season. Then I want to stay here for a long time after that. I'm very, very happy here. From the moment I arrived, everyone has treated me really well.

"It's down to me to repay that kindness and good feeling I've had from everyone with some performances out on the field."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:07 am 

Aguero's mystery injury.

Quote:
Manchester City's Premier League title bid has suffered a blow after Sergio Aguero was ruled out for an indefinite period by a 'stupid' injury.

The City boss has refused to say exactly what happened, however, it seems the problem was not of an orthodox nature.

What d'you reckon he's done?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:24 pm 

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Aguero's mystery injury.

Quote:
Manchester City's Premier League title bid has suffered a blow after Sergio Aguero was ruled out for an indefinite period by a 'stupid' injury.

The City boss has refused to say exactly what happened, however, it seems the problem was not of an orthodox nature.

What d'you reckon he's done?

It's his foot yeah?

Ingrowing toenail? Gout? ....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:34 pm 

Balotelli thought he was a small child and threw him up in the air injurng him when he came down

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:00 pm 

toe fucking his lady and strained a tendon?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm 

according to the mirror:

"Aguero has been sidelined by an altogether less salacious injury, cutting his foot on his three-year old son’s mini-moto bike and then having the gash treated with a disinfectant spray he was allergic to.

Aguero is understood to have suffered an extreme reaction after a member of the City medical staff applied the spray, with his skin inflaming so badly that it came up in ‘burn-like blisters,’ swelling his entire foot to the size of a bloomer loaf."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:19 pm 

Nah i tweeted yesterday with #agueroinjury which was trending worldwide, i said that he did what we've all done. He was doing keepy uppys in his house and accidentally booted the sofa.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next