Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Sergio Aguero.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:34 pm 

Oh, really???

Aguero secretly tells friends he would like Barcelona move.

The 25-year-old Argentine's Etihad future has been the subject of speculation for some months, with City planning a major clear out this summer.

Aguero was also linked with a move to Real Madrid, however quashed rumours when he said: "They were only rumours. I have a commitment at Manchester City, which is a great club."

But now it seems he is open to a move to the Camp Nou this transfer window.

Catalan publication Sport has it that the Barcelona coaching staff have given their approval to a move even though former Camp Nou executives Ferran Soriano and Txiki Begiristain may be unwilling to part with their prize asset.

Manchester City, Sergio Aguero, BarcelonaSergio Aguero appears to fancy joining Barca

Sergio Aguero up for Barcelona move

They also ascertain that Aguero could be available for around £26m should City close out a deal for Alvaro Negredo.

Aguero hit 17 goals in all competitions last season for the Citizens

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:50 pm 

One hopes not

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:06 pm 

He signed a contract extension on May 25th of this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:19 pm 

which would just make him more expensive. the £26million quoted seems a bit on the light side anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:28 pm 

£26 million what a load of bollox. In any case he wouldn't a lot of game time at barcelona at the moment. Hope he has better boots than last years banana skin versions. :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:16 am 

There's 2 of them :cool:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 092&type=1

(picture is too big to embed and I just cbf).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:53 am 

oh do fuck off real.

Quote:
Sergio Agüero tops Real Madrid's January transfer shopping list• Spanish giants keen to sign Manchester City striker
• Agüero insists he's happy at Etihad after signing new contract
Share 49
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Observer, Saturday 5 October 2013 23.00 BST
Sergio Agüero, left, celebrates Manchester City's first goal in their 3-1 win over Everton in the Premier League. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

Real Madrid are considering a January bid for Sergio Agüero after the Manchester City striker was identified as the Spanish club's prime target at the start of the summer, ahead of Gareth Bale, who was bought for a world record £85.3m.

Madrid made an inquiry about Agüero – who scored in Saturday's 3-1 win over Everton at the Etihad Stadium – and were told he would not be sold. They had also wanted to sign Neymar, who was then at Santos, and Radamel Falcao, who began the summer at Atlético Madrid, ahead of Bale.

That means the Welshman was effectively Madrid's fourth choice. Falcao signed for Monaco on 20 May before Neymar joined Barcelona a week later, with City announcing on 24 May that Agüero had agreed a one-year extension to his contract, keeping him at the club until 2017.

Madrid retain an interest in Falcao, but Agüero remains their first choice to strengthen the striking options of Carlo Ancelotti, which comprise only Karim Benzema and 20-year-old Alvaro Morata.

While Real may firm up their interest for Agüero in the January transfer window with an offer expected to be markedly more than the £38m he cost the club two years ago, in an interview with the Guardian on Saturday Agüero reiterated his loyalty to City.

"I'm very happy at City, very happy since the day I came," he said. "I knew that the project was good and in my head there is nothing else but Manchester City, so how long I'm going to be at City is just never a question.

"I'm happy here, my family's here when they come to England, all I can do is give everything I have for the club and concentrate on achieving for the club. We are improving every year the team, the club, the club is growing, we are working in the same direction to get the club as high as possible. Some years are better than others, but it's a much better club, a much better team than it was four or five years ago, so we just have to go [continue] in the same way."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:33 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
oh do fuck off real.

Quote:
Sergio Agüero tops Real Madrid's January transfer shopping list• Spanish giants keen to sign Manchester City striker
• Agüero insists he's happy at Etihad after signing new contract
Share 49
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Observer, Saturday 5 October 2013 23.00 BST
Sergio Agüero, left, celebrates Manchester City's first goal in their 3-1 win over Everton in the Premier League. Photograph: Martin Rickett/PA

Real Madrid are considering a January bid for Sergio Agüero after the Manchester City striker was identified as the Spanish club's prime target at the start of the summer, ahead of Gareth Bale, who was bought for a world record £85.3m.

Madrid made an inquiry about Agüero – who scored in Saturday's 3-1 win over Everton at the Etihad Stadium – and were told he would not be sold. They had also wanted to sign Neymar, who was then at Santos, and Radamel Falcao, who began the summer at Atlético Madrid, ahead of Bale.

That means the Welshman was effectively Madrid's fourth choice. Falcao signed for Monaco on 20 May before Neymar joined Barcelona a week later, with City announcing on 24 May that Agüero had agreed a one-year extension to his contract, keeping him at the club until 2017.

Madrid retain an interest in Falcao, but Agüero remains their first choice to strengthen the striking options of Carlo Ancelotti, which comprise only Karim Benzema and 20-year-old Alvaro Morata.

While Real may firm up their interest for Agüero in the January transfer window with an offer expected to be markedly more than the £38m he cost the club two years ago, in an interview with the Guardian on Saturday Agüero reiterated his loyalty to City.

"I'm very happy at City, very happy since the day I came," he said. "I knew that the project was good and in my head there is nothing else but Manchester City, so how long I'm going to be at City is just never a question.

"I'm happy here, my family's here when they come to England, all I can do is give everything I have for the club and concentrate on achieving for the club. We are improving every year the team, the club, the club is growing, we are working in the same direction to get the club as high as possible. Some years are better than others, but it's a much better club, a much better team than it was four or five years ago, so we just have to go [continue] in the same way."

"I'm happy here, my family's here when they come to England, all I can do is give everything I have for the club and concentrate on achieving for the club. We are improving every year the team, the club, the club is growing, we are working in the same direction to get the club as high as possible. Some years are better than others, but it's a much better club, a much better team than it was four or five years ago, so we just have to go [continue] in the same way." :TopHat1 :TopHat1 :TopHat1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6