Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Skol!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
yeah, similarity to lake in that both were incredibly promising, future england players who have had their career brutally curtailed. there the mirroring ends though, as it would appear johnson pissed his talent against a wall whereas lake had his career fucked by city's negligent or incompetent medical team and a cunt of a chairman.

still fucking sad. well, sort of. you stupid cunt MJ, stupid cunt.

Still-and-all, he sounds like he'd be suitably qualified to post on here...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm 

what's his line in casual racism like?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:27 pm 

bloodyhell, i saw his last match then against scumthorpe...im sure he came on and scored a belter..
or is that vald..?
i can't remember..
can't believe that was his last match..
injurys a side....what a mong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:37 pm 

Don't feel anything but sympathy for the guy tbh. He might have recovered physically, but it's plainly obvious that he hasn't been able to recover mentally, and lets remember that he's still just 24 now!

He's going to look back on this period of his life with regret, but as a younger player he clearly lacked the mental strength and wisdom to overcome 2 (or was it 3?) huge injuries. He's not the first player who has had a promising career spoiled by injuries and he won't be the last; it's a real shame. Used to love him. He scored a cracking goal against Derby as well IIRC, and whenever he played, Elano performed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:44 pm 

Let's not forget guys, alcoholism is a disease :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm 

cod head wrote:
Don't feel anything but sympathy for the guy tbh. He might have recovered physically, but it's plainly obvious that he hasn't been able to recover mentally, and lets remember that he's still just 24 now!

He's going to look back on this period of his life with regret, but as a younger player he clearly lacked the mental strength and wisdom to overcome 2 (or was it 3?) huge injuries. He's not the first player who has had a promising career spoiled by injuries and he won't be the last; it's a real shame. Used to love him. He scored a cracking goal against Derby as well IIRC, and whenever he played, Elano performed.

inclined to agree. probably hasn't helped himself but it seems his injuries were enough to fuck his career anyway.

fucking shame we never got the chance to see how he''d have done with Silva/Toure/Tevez etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:42 pm 

fair enough if he does have a genuine problem, rather than just liking his pies and nights out (fine line betwixt the two), then that does tend more towards the club not helping him ala tony adams.

poor fucker. looking at that picture of him again makes me think maybe the similarity between him and lake is closer than i'd thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:14 pm 

Best to remember him how he was in his hay day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:26 pm 

Dark Blue wrote:
Best to remember him how he was in his hay day.

:clap: boac...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:50 am 

fucking well laffs. I like DB. I know who he is too. :) *shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* :greetings-clapyellow:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:50 am 

prolly in my top three posters of all time.

i obviously take up the other two places. :TopHat1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:38 am 

which particular alter ego gets a spot?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:21 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
which particular alter ego gets a spot?

Of all the characters he's created Paddy and Bassy are the two strongest imo. The battles were the forum's equivalent of JR Ewing and Cliff Barnes. Got to be Bassy top though. I think he killed off the wrong character tbh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 am 

Justin will always be a firm (hur hur) favourite. But number one forummer of all time has to be the young lady that Squidge fell in love with.

I still can't belive you lot fell for the fat brainiac though :eek: :TopHat1 :8ball: :cool:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:02 pm 

Quote:
Michael Johnson has said that issues with his mental health contributed to the decline of his Manchester City career, with the midfielder having treatment at the Priory Clinic.

The Guardian revealed on Tuesday that the 24-year-old, once tipped as an England international, had agreed a severance package from his £40,000-a-week contract just before Christmas.

He told the Manchester Evening News: "I have been attending the Priory Clinic for a number of years now with regard to my mental health and would be grateful if I could now be left alone to live the rest of my life. I am more disappointed than anyone, but that's the way it goes."

They do say anti-depressants can cause weight gain. Like GA says, it could be a case of this guy having genuine demons. Or he could have done what 95% of people on here would have done if they were his age and on £40k a week and pissed it up the wall. I don't think I'd be alive today if I had gotten my hands on £40k full stop at that age never mind every week

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:22 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Quote:
Michael Johnson has said that issues with his mental health contributed to the decline of his Manchester City career, with the midfielder having treatment at the Priory Clinic.

The Guardian revealed on Tuesday that the 24-year-old, once tipped as an England international, had agreed a severance package from his £40,000-a-week contract just before Christmas.

He told the Manchester Evening News: "I have been attending the Priory Clinic for a number of years now with regard to my mental health and would be grateful if I could now be left alone to live the rest of my life. I am more disappointed than anyone, but that's the way it goes."

They do say anti-depressants can cause weight gain. Like GA says, it could be a case of this guy having genuine demons. Or he could have done what 95% of people on here would have done if they were his age and on £40k a week and pissed it up the wall. I don't think I'd be alive today if I had gotten my hands on £40k full stop at that age never mind every week

having just been reading lake's book there's a photo in there with a very similar smile in a posed shot to the one MJ has. the one of mj has been taken after he's been released from his contract, so it's a similar place (probable end of career) they are in for both of the pics.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Quote:

gutted for the fella.

here's to michael johnson. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:26 pm 

aye :(
*skolemonade*