Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 pm 

Bastard wrote:
It really is. My favourite director he is.

Agree with all of this. also love Paul Giamatti.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:30 am 

Come on Brendan I thought you were going to use your magic powers?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... nt-6247962

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:45 am 

Mario says if he stays till the end of the window he gets a6 figure loyalty bonus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:54 am 

Thanks for the summary.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 am 

I hope he has made smart investments (lol!) because at this rate he will be retired by 27

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:32 pm 

Quote:
Mario Balotelli blames Brendan Rodgers’ tactics for poor Liverpool spell • Striker completes season-long loan move to Milan
• ‘I never complained, I always behaved like a professional’ Mario Balotelli spent an unproductive year at Liverpool before returning to Italy. Photograph: Matteo Bazzi/EPA Press Association

Thursday 27 August 2015 10.41 BST Last modified on Thursday 27 August 2015 11.33 BST
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Share on Pinterest Share on LinkedIn Share on Google+ Share on WhatsApp
Mario Balotelli has claimed that Brendan Rodgers’ tactics contributed to his woeful spell at Liverpool.

The 25-year-old striker has returned to Milan on loan a year after leaving the San Siro club in a last-minute £16m deal, which Rodgers described at the time was a calculated risk after the departure of Luis Suárez. It failed spectacularly, with the Italy international scoring just four goals in 28 appearances and only one of those coming in the Premier League.

Balotelli was criticised for his attitude and lack of work-rate but he said Rodgers’ tactics made it difficult for him. “I must accept my faults but the formation chosen by Rodgers was not suited to my characteristics,” he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

“At the beginning I missed several easy chances, then I had fewer chances to score, a bit of bad luck, injuries. A mess of things.”

Balotelli quickly fell out of favour and after being left out of the pre-season tour Rodgers made it clear to him he no longer had a future at the club, forcing him to train away from the rest of the squad with the other unwanted players, Fabio Borini and José Enrique.

Numerous stories have subsequently emerged regarding the Italian’s behaviour while on Merseyside but Balotelli insists he did little wrong. “I never complained, I accepted the decisions of the manager and I always behaved like a professional,” he added.

“The professional Mario didn’t just land here in Milan, even at Liverpool my behaviour and lifestyle were normal.

“Over the last year there was never a problem with my private life. I may have put pictures from restaurants on Instagram but that does not mean I did not train, even though I was not playing.”

Milan have inserted a number of good behaviour clauses into his loan contract, including restrictions over his haircut and general appearance.

Balotelli said he had no problem with the strict rules enforced by the coach, Sinisa Mihajlovic, and felt he owed his new manager a debt of gratitude. “I have been asked to tone down my look, to follow Milan’s style, and I will follow that without trouble,” he said. “I have had this haircut for a long time, I won’t take it too far.

“My problem has never been my quality but my character. There are always a lot of voices surrounding me, every aspect of me is amplified. Rightly so he wanted to look into my eyes, to understand whether I had the right motivation.

“[I told him] that I understood my errors, that if he gave me this chance I would not disappoint him, that I am a man and I no longer create problems, that I will accept all of his decisions.

“He looks at the man, not just the player. He showed himself by taking me back. I have a huge debt to repay him.

“I am restarting from zero. I know that I can’t make any mistakes, I can’t expect anything and I must win everything back. I am no longer a child and I have already thrown away too many chances.”

boring mario?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80