Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:41 pm 

Bless him. Good luck Madballs :)

We will miss you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:41 pm 

Won the game for Milan tonight from the penalty spot with the last kick of the game in a 2-1 win. Scored the first one as well. Meh! :whistle: :whistle:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:16 pm 

Good for him, hope he sets serie a alight.

Like his bathroom.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:07 pm 

English weather, food, driving – the things Mario Balotelli won't miss• Former Manchester City player says Premier League 'the best'
• 'It's always been a dream for me to play for Milan'
Share 62
inShare.0Email Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Friday 1 February 2013 22.38 GMT
Mario Balotelli poses with his new Milan shirt after his £17m move from Manchester City. Photograph: Antonio Calanni/AP
Mario Balotelli admitted he will miss Manchester City after his deadline-day move to Milan but the Italian has taken a swipe at English culture.

"I have to say thanks to all the City fans because they've been very nice to me and they always supported me in the good and in the bad moments. And I have to thank my team-mates and the manager. Everything else, I'm happy that I left England," the 22-year-old said.

"Good things – only when I get to Carrington to train. So my team-mates and manager. And the bad things? Everything else.

"The press, first. The weather. The food. The way you drive. That's it."

However, he was positive about the league he had left behind in England. "To be honest the Premier League is an amazing league and I think it is the best. The crowd and the pitch … it's an amazing league," he said.

"I don't know in the future if I could come back. For the moment I'm here."

The Milan vice-president, Adriano Galliani, presented Balotelli with his No45 shirt before thanking the Premier League champions for their co-operation in allowing the deal to go ahead.

He said: "As a club we are happy to bring back our Italian player after long negotiations and have to thank Manchester City in helping this transfer to go through. It was the most complicated in my career.

"We are happy that Balotelli has joined the team he supported as a boy and it has been a dream of mine for a long to bring the player to the club.

"I always said it was 99.9% that it would not happen. I was just being realistic but now it has happened."

Asked if there was a weight on his shoulders after joining his boyhood club, the former Internazionale forward said: "It's an honour and a great opportunity so I hope to grow as a player and I am here as a man. I hope to stay here as long as possible.

"It has always been a dream for me to play for Milan and I am happy to be back near my family but I would rather play than talk about it."

In his two and half years at City Balotelli scored 30 goals in 80 appearances and played key roles in the 2011 FA Cup success and last year's Premier League title win.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:17 pm 

He really was awesome in that game. :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:39 am 

Bit rich for a man with more car-related offences than goals to be criticising the way we drive.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:43 pm 

was more how he parked iirc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:12 pm 

Either way, an Italian criticising British driving's good for a laugh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 am 

that didn't take long then...
Quote:
Mario Balotelli at centre of racist remark by Milan's vice-president• Paolo Berlusconi's comments cause storm in Italy
• Incident caught on film and broadcast on website
Share 187
guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 6 February 2013 00.18 GMT
Mario Balotelli is at the centre of a storm over comments made about him by Paolo Berlusconi, vice president of his club, Milan. Photograph: Paul Gilham/Getty Images
Mario Balotelli has found himself at the centre of a racism storm in Italy after the Milan vice-president Paolo Berlusconi described him as "the family's little nigger".

Berlusconi, the younger brother of the former Italian prime minister Silvio, who is Milan's president, described Balotelli as "negretto di famiglia" at a political meeting in Monza and was filmed by reporters.

The clip, which is being featured on the website of the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, shows him saying: "OK, we are all off to see the family's little nigger. He's a crazy head. All the young ladies are invited as well – you can even have a chance to meet the president [Silvio Berlusconi]."

The comments have caused outrage in Italy, especially after the Milan midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng won plaudits from Silvio Berlusconi for walking off the pitch after being racially abused during a friendly in January.

Paolo Berlusconi was attending a rally for a candidate for his brother's right-wing People of Freedom party when he made the remark.

Italian-born Balotelli joined Milan from Manchester City on transfer deadline day in January and scored twice on his debut against Udinese at the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am 

This shouldn't be a sticky anymore. :handgestures-thumbdown:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 am 

It will all end in tears.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:15 pm 

poor mario....he used to be our negretto di famiglia.. :teasing-whipblue:

/Wednesday

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:07 pm 

scored another pen at the weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm 

He takes a good pen Mario, I'll give him that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 pm 

and they have great songs for him in italy as well.

oh wait.

Quote:
Internazionale fined over fans' racist chants about Mario Balotelli• Internazionale fined €15,000 for chants in Chievo match
• Club president Massimo Moratti condemns fans' behaviour
Share 3
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 12 February 2013 12.12 GMT
Internazionale's match with Chievo was marred by racist chanting about Mario Balotelli. Photograph: Claudio Villa/Getty Images
Internazionale have been fined €15,000 (£12,900) by the Lega Serie A after racist chants were directed at the Milan striker Mario Balotelli during a league match against Chievo.

The former Inter striker Balotelli, who has scored three goals in two games since joining Milan from Manchester City in January, was the target of a section of Nerazzurri fans who sang racist chants about him as their side beat Chievo 3-1 on Sunday night.

Inter's president, Massimo Moratti, was quick to condemn the behaviour and Lega authorities duly decided to punish the San Siro club, with Juventus and Napoli also receiving fines for the actions of several supporters.

A statement published on cdn.legaseriea.it read: "A fine of €15,000 has been issued to Inter Milan for having supporters who, in the 41st minute of the first half and the 42nd minute of the second half, directed expressions of racial discrimination to the player of another club."

The Lega also confirmed issuing a fine of €15,000 to the league leaders Juventus, whose fans were heard singing abusive songs about the fans of their rivals Napoli during a 2-0 victory over Fiorentina on Saturday night.

Napoli, meanwhile, were handed a €15,000 fine after fans in the away end were adjudged to have shone a laser pen at the referee Daniele Orsato during a 1-1 draw with Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico.

After being made aware of the chanting directed at Balotelli, the Inter president Moratti outlined his hope there would not be a repeat during the Milan derby on 24 February.

"I was told about it because I couldn't make out clearly what they were saying. I'm very sorry about that," Moratti told inter.it. "I'm very sorry and I really hope it doesn't happen during the derby."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 pm 

15000 Euros is the equivalent of fergie's £12000 fine. THat much to a club like Juventus is the takings from about 10 rows of seats in one sector of the ground. If you are going to get rid of these problems you have to take points away or close grounds.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 pm 

Quote:
Inter fined £43,000 for fans' racial abuse of Mario Balotelli
• Balotelli fined £8,600 for making 'insulting gesture' at crowd
• Read Paolo Bandini's take on the Derby della Madonnina
Share 16

inShare
Email
Guardian staff and agencies
guardian.co.uk, Tuesday 26 February 2013 13.07 GMT

For the second time this season, Inter have been fined for their fans racially abusing their former player Mario Balotelli. Photograph: Luca Bruno/AP
Internazionale have been fined €50,000 (£43,000) by Serie A after fans racially abused their former player Mario Balotelli in Sunday's derby with Milan.

However, Balotelli was himself fined €10,000 (£8,600) for making, in the words of Serie A's disciplinary commissioner, an "insulting gesture" towards the Inter fans at the end of the 1-1 draw.

Balotelli raised a finger to his lips when fans of Inter – where he had made his name before moving to England with Manchester City – made monkey calls and waved inflatable bananas at San Siro. The Serie A statement said the abuse started "in the 11th minute of the first half" and continued "in the 11th, 15th, 16th and 19th minutes of the second half".

The club fine was not only for the Balotelli abuse but also for racism towards Milan's fellow former Inter player Sulley Muntari as well as offensive banners and fans' use of a laser aimed at players' eyes.

This is the second time this season that Inter have been fined as a result of racial abuse aimed at Balotelli. Italian authorities have long been criticised by anti-racism campaigners for not cracking down hard enough on discrimination in sport.

The Derby della Madonnina ended all square after Ezequiel Schelotto cancelled out Stephan El Shaarawy's first-half goal for Milan.

decent level of fine that. although fining balotelli seems a bit churlish.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 pm 

I love this guy too much...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/en ... S35HjBTZ8F

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 am 

7 goals in 6 Serie A games for Mario so far. Not saying we were wrong to sell him, but I'm starting to think we gave him away a bit on the cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm 

scored both goals for italy as well. rich vein of form.

Quote:
5) Balotelli is thriving
It was with a heavy heart that Roberto Mancini said goodbye to Mario Balotelli and his performances since leaving Manchester City have demonstrated why, despite all his misdemeanours, people are willing to place their trust in him. Balotelli has been in sparkling form for Milan and he didn't disappoint for Italy either. The striker scored a stunning goal in last week's friendly against Brazil and was then Italy's match-winner against Malta, scoring twice in a 2-0 win. Long may it continue. JS

we were wrong to sell him. :snooty:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next