Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:39 am 

£17m plus KPB would be a great bit of business. Apart from he also goes to the AFCON

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:46 am 

Sources in Milan have confirmed to Sky Sports that AC Milan would like to bring in Mario Balotelli from Manchester City this month.

While no formal offer has been made, it is believed that talks are continuing between both clubs and Balotelli's agent.

Manchester City have maintained throughout this window that Balotelli will not be sold in January.

The Italian has regularly been linked with a move back to his homeland since arriving at City in the summer of 2010, and Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri was questioned on his interest in the striker after side's 1-0 victory over Atalanta on Sunday.

Allegri was reluctant to discuss another club's player but admitted he was an admirer and indicated that Balotelli's controversial character would not be a problem.

"Balotelli? I won't think about him because he is a Manchester City player," Allegri told Sky Italia.

"If he arrives here, then I'll consider how to approach him. Obviously, I wouldn't say no.

"We are setting up a good, disciplined group and that is important in a difficult League like Serie A."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:33 am 

we should tell them to fuck off, if for nothing else than stitching us up over that kaka fiasco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:00 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
we should tell them to fuck off, if for nothing else than stitching us up over that kaka fiasco

I dunno, looking back now, probably did us a favour! Rarely plays for Madrid since he joined them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 pm 

true, but they did make us look like cunts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:23 pm 

in retrospect that was garry cook's forte tbf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm 

BiscuitBlueCheese wrote:
in retrospect that was garry cook's forte tbf

Yes, id agree, we seem to have better press since he left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:34 pm 

Garrrry was right.... Kaka bottled it. Thank fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm 

AC Milan and Manchester City are in discussions over the possible transfer of Mario Balotelli, according to Sky Italia.

Roberto Mancini has consistently rubbished speculation linking Balotelli with a return to Italy, and as recently as Monday morning Mancini's assistant David Platt played down the prospect of a deal before Thursday's transfer deadline.

But the latest reports from Italy suggest Milan have made a breakthrough in their attempts to sign the striker.

There has been no official comment from City, and even Platt was in the dark when he stood in for Mancini at a press conference ahead of Tuesday's trip to QPR.

He said: "We've three days left before the deadline, but I haven't heard anything, to be honest. It's speculation.

Why always him?

"It's a shame Robbie's not here, because he might know a lot more than me. As far as we're concerned, he's still a Manchester City player. I'm not aware of any negotiation."

Balotelli, who previously played for Milan's rivals Inter, was labelled a "bad apple" by the club's owner Silvio Berlusconi earlier this season after a series of disciplinary problems during his two-and-a-half-years in England.

But neither that outburst, nor Berlusconi's claim last week that the 22-year-old is out of Milan's price range, has killed off talk of an imminent deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm 

If he does go, do you think we will replace him this window?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:44 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
If he does go, do you think we will replace him this window?

yeah, with falcao...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 pm 

Quote:
TRANSFER LATEST

Manchester Evening News reporter Stuart Brennan on Twitter: "Looks like things finally moving with Mario (Balotelli). Pulled from squad travelling to London and we've been told he has flown to Italy this afternoon."

I've a feeling we won't replace this window. Promote Guidetti and buy in the summer if needed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:33 pm 

:(

i know it's not rational, i know he's been shit this season, i know he's been a fuck load of trouble... but he's still one of the most amusing characters that we've had at the club for a loooooong time, and i'll always remember him for that ball through to aguero and the goals against the rags.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:44 pm 

From BBC
Quote:
Manchester City have held talks with AC Milan and Juventus about striker Mario Balotelli, but will only sell if the Serie A clubs meet their valuation.

BBC Sport understands City value the Italian at around 24m euros (£21m) including add-ons.

Balotelli is not actively up for sale and City will not subsidise any of his salary should he leave the club.

Contrary to reports, Balotelli is with the squad that travelled to London for Tuesday's meeting with QPR.

I should fucking hope not! Did we do that with other players we sell then??!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:48 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 am 

I can't stand it when people mess with one's car. I don't care who or what it is. Screw that. Scummy bastard.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 am 

Well, that guy's micropenis is now all over the internet for all of eternity. :8ball:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 pm 

probably quite cold tbf.

I'd say average to above average in my experience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 pm 

Quote:
Mario Balotelli: Manchester City striker will be missed if he leaves
By Steve Wilson
BBC Match of the Day commentator So, Mario Balotelli could be on his way back to Italy by the end of the week.

But if Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has finally given up on the striker, then Manchester and the Premier League will be a far less interesting place.

The eccentric Italian has spent two and a half headline-making years at the Etihad.

Continue reading the main story
“For much of the past 18 months Balotelli has done little on the pitch to warrant his employers' continuing patience

He is adored by many Manchester City fans, but his relationship with Mancini has been often sparky, sometimes loving and occasionally incendiary.

I remember at Loftus Road last season chatting to Mancini at the end of the players' tunnel an hour and a half before the match when Balotelli emerged in his tracksuit.

The boys in the front row of the stand erupted, straining forward with their pens and autograph books.

Balotelli pretended he couldn't hear the clamour for his signature until his manager gently put his arm around the striker's shoulder and murmured in a fatherly manner, "Mario..."

Balotelli the "unmanageable" superstar laughed, playfully pushed Mancini away and the kids got their autographs.

The fact Balotelli never spoke to journalists may only have added to his myth.

The BBC's Football Focus pulled off a masterstroke by enticing the Italian into a chat with Noel Gallagher , who on reflection was just about the perfect man to get inside Balotelli's head. It made for compulsive viewing.

If Balotelli almost never spoke about himself, Mancini hardly ever stopped talking about him.

I have lost count of how many post-match interviews I have done with Mancini and I wouldn't be surprised if every one of them had included a Balotelli question somewhere, much to the City's press officer's exasperation.

Mancini always gave an answer, and only occasionally used the old technique of pretending he didn't understand the question in order to dodge it.

Mario and Man City

•54 League appearances
•6 FA Cup appearances
•3 League Cup appearances
•17 European appearances
•30 goals in all competitions
•4 red cards & 23 yellow cards
After City had beaten Sunderland this season the press officer "had a word" after my Mancini interview for Match of the Day. "Why did you have to bring Mario into it?" he said. "You didn't see the look on his face when he was substituted," I replied.

Mancini had met the stare from his player and returned it with interest - the cameras had captured a private, silent spat.

For much of the past 18 months Balotelli has done little on the pitch to warrant his employers' continuing patience.

His best in that time came for Italy in Euro 2012, particularly in that thrilling display against Germany in the semi-final in Warsaw.

That night it seemed he might finally have come of age. Here was a striker snarling with intent, a player who looked ready to fulfil his promise and become a true world star.

The famous German defence couldn't cope and crumbled. But the brilliance did not last and in the final against Spain Balotelli's influence was negligible, the swagger replaced by the old sulk.

For City this season Balotelli has scored three goals, playing 90 minutes only twice - and this in a season in which the club's other strikers have found goals harder to come by.

The opportunity to make himself indispensable to his manager has been there; Balotelli has failed to take it. The talent has always been there; Balotelli has failed to use it.

Still he is part of City folklore, part of Premier League folklore - the red cards, the fireworks in his bathroom, the fights on the training ground and those legendary stories of crazy shopping trips and of handing cash to passers-by.

We have lapped it all up like a guilty pleasure.

Balotelli lifting his shirt to display the message "Why Always Me?" will prove to be one of the enduring images of English football.

I'm sure Mario Balotelli will always be remembered fondly at the Etihad, even when his goals become just foggy memories.

Still, if later this week Roberto Mancini starts to settle into life after Mario, he may reflect on two things. Firstly, that it's less interesting, and secondly that being close to Balotelli was the closest thing to crazy he has ever been.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 pm 

the cold doesn't affect girth like that though. that is one fucking thin cock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 80  Next