Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:11 am 

he's been rubbish this season for us, but i would still rather we keep him and he deliver on his ability. like with his performances for italy in the summer. plus he's had the best song i can remember for a player for a fucking age.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:18 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
he's been rubbish this season for us, but i would still rather we keep him and he deliver on his ability. like with his performances for italy in the summer. plus he's had the best song i can remember for a player for a fucking age.

Would cut losses if we could get, Villa, llorente or Falcao instead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 am 

Tevez has been quoted saying that he won't be signing a new contract, so lets get rid of them two and sign Cavani or Falcao, and develop Guidetti. I fucking hate tevez; great player, but I just can't trust him, so I'd love us to simply get rid.

As for Mario ... Well it's a shame tbf. But I can't see him realising his potential, and so he needs to move on. So do we.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:29 am 

If there's a chance of selling him for £25m now I think we should, otherwise I can see us getting butt-fucked Adebayour style further down the line, and letting him go for £5m because we can't play him and need to get his wages off the bill.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am 

:8ball:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:43 am 

it's good but it lacks the wit of balotelli's

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am 

"Brevity is the soul of wit."

William Shakesman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:51 am 

Or Tevez's.

"you Argie twat you ugly cunt"

Put's one in mind of Keats or Tennyson.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:37 pm 

Dark Blue wrote:

"Brevity is the soul of wit."

William Shakesman

overrated

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:44 pm 

Mario Balotelli could leave Manchester City for Milan this week• City to discuss possible transfer with Milan on Monday
• Balotelli could go on loan if City refuse to drop to £31m price
Share 44
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Sunday 20 January 2013 22.03 GMT
Mario Balotelli was an unused substitute during Manchester City's win over Fulham and may feel Milan is his best option. Photograph: Paul Currie/Action Images
Mario Balotelli's Manchester City future could be decided this week, with talks expected between the champions and Milan on Monday. City are said to want £31m for the striker but the fee may end up nearer to the £24m he cost them from Internazionale in the summer of 2010.

Adriano Galliani, the Milan vice-president, has told Gazzetta dello Sport: "At the end of Friday, Manchester City still said €37m. We will see on Monday. Under these conditions, he will remain at Manchester City."

While neither City nor the Balotelli camp would comment on the claim, Galliani's statement can be considered a bargaining move as the transfer window enters its final few days. If the clubs fail to agree a price, there is an outside chance of a loan move which would see the striker at San Siro for the remainder of the season.

Previously, the 22-year-old had wanted to stay at City due to respect for Roberto Mancini, the manager, and his continued support, though there is now a recognition that a departure may be the only way for Balotelli to try and rebuild his career.

His time at the club has been troubled, with a catalogue of on- and off-field misdemeanours blighting progress. Mancini eventually became isolated in his support of a compatriot who was an asset in Italy's Euro 2012 campaign, where they reached the final.

Balotelli's commitment has also been questionable, with Mancini being forced to stand him down from the match-day squad at least twice due to problems with his attitude in training. There have been only seven starts in the Premier League and one goal – in a 2-0 win at Wigan in November – and last month Balotelli came close to taking City to a tribunal after refusing to accept a two-week fine for the ill-discipline that meant he missed 11 games due to suspension last term.

The striker only called off the tribunal on the morning and finally accepted the £340,000 fine. But a fortnight later he was pictured grappling with Mancini on the training ground after the manager tried to censure him for a dangerous tackle on Scott Sinclair.

With ongoing concern regarding who he surrounds himself with in his private life, this was the act that finally caused Mancini to accept he should be moved on.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:16 am 

Moved out of his house apparently. Are we going to promote Guidetti or are we getting someone in?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 am 

Mario Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola has ruled out the Manchester City striker moving in January, insisting there is 'zero chance' of a deal this month.

A move back to Italy this month has been strongly rumoured with AC Milan seemingly leading the chase ahead of Inter Milan and Juventus.

But Manchester City have always stood firm, and despite the troubles with Balotelli have shown little willingness to sell.

Now Raiola has looked to put an end to the matter by confirming there are no talks about the Italy international's future with any club and that he will not be leaving the Etihad in January.

"There is no negotiation for Balotelli with any club, no meeting, zero. It seems like a Grimm Brothers' fairy tale," Raiola told Italian radio station GR Parlamento

"Manchester City won't sell Mario, let alone loan. There are zero chances he moves. But until January 31st, who knows."

He also denied that a price-tag has been placed on his head, continuing: "The €37million price? City has never asked for money because they never offered the sale of the player.

"The owners appreciate the player and don't want to sell him. Balotelli is very quiet, obviously he's not happy about not playing but is handling the situation in a different way than in the past, not like a rotten apple."

Raiola also played down Inter's first-option on buying their former player, insisting it had little value.

"The Inter Milan right of first option? There is an agreement between the two clubs, but it does not prevent the player choosing another destination," he added.

"The people who say that this agreement has no value, are right. However, I repeat, there is no negotiation ongoing."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 am 

Manchester City's Mario Balotelli to move out of rented property• Rental raises possibility of a transfer to Milan
• Property on the market for £13,495 a month

Share 7
inShare.0Email Jamie Jackson
The Guardian, Tuesday 22 January 2013 23.00 GMT
Estate agency flyer of Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli's house, which is up for rent. Photograph: Screengrab for the Guardian
Mario Balotelli served notice on his rented four-bedroom house earlier this month, with the property in Alderley Edge being available since 11 January for £13,495 a month.

It is thought the striker has began moving his possessions out of the house – which has a pool and gym – in the expectation of a move away from Manchester City, with Milan his proposed destination.

The house Balotelli is looking to vacate is not where he lived when fireworks went off by accident in his bathroom ahead of City's derby at Manchester United in October 2011.

The estate agent renting the property describes the house as: "Set in an elevated position on The Edge with panoramic views. The Lodge is a stunning newly constructed residence with lounge-media suite, sitting room, living kitchen, master bedroom with en suite dressing room and bathroom, three further bedrooms, three further bathrooms and spectacular leisure suite with pool and gym.

Matija Nastasic is "proud" that he has been able to establish himself quickly in City's first team by dislodging Joleon Lescott to become Vincent Kompany's regular central defensive partner.

The Serb joined the club from Fiorentina in a £12m transfer plus the exchange of City's Stefan Savic during the summer and he has so far started 14 of City's 22 Premier League games, becoming first choice ahead of Lescott from mid-September.

The England defender and Kompany were automatic choices in last season's championship-winning side. Asked if there was surprise at how quickly he had broken up the partnership, Nastasic said: "Yes, I'm very proud of that because Joleon is a great player and so is Kolo Touré. Certainly not in the first six months [did I expect to play so much]. When I arrived I noticed in the first couple of games that I could settle and play and that gave me confidence. But it's not really important who plays as long as the team do well."

Matija is also pleased at how he has adapted to English football. "I'm very happy about that of course. So far I've played 20 games and everything is going well for me at the moment. It's a different league in Italy.

"It's also very difficult to play there but I'm happy here in English football. The main difference is that in Italy it's a very tactical game. Teams get a lot of players behind the ball. Here the games are more open and the challenges are stronger," he said.

Manchester United's Nemanja Vidic is Nastasic's Serbia team-mate, and on signing for the club he asked him for advice. "When I arrived I asked him for advice. I spoke with him and still speak with him," Nastasic said.

"For me he is a great friend and a great person. He gave me general advice, not just about football but about lifestyle and young players adapting to English football. I [also] spoke with Stefan [Savic] because he took my place at Fiorentina. I knew that he had a little bit of difficulty."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 am 

Maybe he has just changed house? Its a bit odd that he was start packing before something is signed!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:47 am 

Barna Azul wrote:
Maybe he has just changed house? Its a bit odd that he was start packing before something is signed!

Mario? Go figure. :think:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:57 am 

Dark Blue wrote:
Barna Azul wrote:

Mario? Go figure. :think:

Was actually thinking this when typing it! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 pm 

Mario Balotelli is staying at Manchester City, says Roberto Mancini• Manchester City manager dismisses reports of Milan move
• 'Mario stays here,' says Mancini
Share 0
inShare.0Email Press Association
guardian.co.uk, Friday 25 January 2013 11.05 GMT
Roberto Mancini says Mario Balotelli will stay at Manchester City. Photograph: Anna Gowthorpe/PA
The Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has dismissed the latest rumours linking the striker Mario Balotelli with a move to Milan.

There has been constant speculation suggesting the Italian could move to San Siro during the current transfer window.

Reports from Italy tend to vary but after suggestions Milan had been priced out of a permanent deal for the 22-year-old, there are now further stories he could move on loan.

But Mancini said: "It is not true, Mario stays here. We didn't have any requests about Mario or other players."

Mancini has maintained this firm line on the possibility of Balotelli leaving the Etihad Stadium, even after a training-ground bust-up with the player earlier this month.

Milan are interested in the forward with the vice-president Adriano Galliani issuing regular statements on the possibility of a deal but the club are unwilling to meet City's reported £28m valuation. Galliani has urged City to lower the price but Mancini says he has no intention of letting his former Inter protege leave, even on loan.

When asked if Balotelli was part of his long-term plans, Mancini said: "Yes, Mario has another three years on his contract."

Mancini was speaking at a press conference to preview his side's FA fourth-round tie at Stoke. The Balotelli subject was the first to be discussed. Mancini said: "For two years, the first question is always Mario!"

The transfer window closes next week but Mancini is not anticipating much activity.

He said: "I don't know but we don't have enough players. We are 18 players now. We can't sell any players."

When asked about the possibility of players coming in, Mancini said: "I think it is difficult."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:52 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:28 pm 

:shock:

Sky Bet ‏@SkyBet
We’ve suspended betting on Mario Balotelli’s next club after a flood of money on him to move to AC Milan.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 am 

AC MILAN look to have finally prised Mario Balotelli away from Manchester City.

The Premier League champs are expected to announce they have sold the hothead striker for around £17million today.

It is understood Milan could include former Spurs midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng on top of that fee.

Italian ace Balotelli threw a leaving party at his house for close pals last night.

He told them he was off to the San Siro and gave away mementos from his controversial stay at the Etihad.

City had been holding out for a much bigger return on the player they paid Inter £22m for in August 2010.

But the relationship between Balotelli and City boss Roberto Mancini seems unsustainable.

Milan have been banking on City being prepared to cut their losses on the 22-year-old.

And agent Mino Raiola has done everything he can to make the move happen.

He said: “The truth about Mario? Ask the others because I can’t say. Until January 31 everything is possible.

“A loan deal has been excluded by their directors.”

Last night Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said: “At today’s price it’s 99.5 per cent certain that he is not coming. The stock market is closed until tomorrow.”

But just 24 hours earlier Galliani had said the deal was “99.9 per cent” dead.

And in Italy that softened stance was seen as a clear indication that Balotelli would soon join the Rossoneri.

Milan coach Massi Allegri said: “Balotelli is a Manchester City player for now. If he comes, I’ll think about how to manage him.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... z2JFyxJ5W3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 80  Next