Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
 Post subject: Re: Super Mario
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:36 pm 

Either we were wrong for him or he was wrong for us or both. It wasn't a good fit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:20 pm 

Or he's just having a honeymoon period and will be more trouble than he's worth in a couple of months.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 am 

Quote:

Mario Balotelli says falling in love with new girlfriend Fanny Neguesha has helped him settle down following his move to AC Milan.

Balotelli was involved in a series of controversies during his time at Manchester City but has flourished since leaving the Premier League for £19million in January.

The 22-year-old striker has seven goals in six games for AC Milan and scored both goals in Italy’s 2-0 win in Malta last night. The result keeps the Italians top of Group B, three points ahead of Bulgaria.

“Am I in love? Yes,” said Balotelli of Neguesha, whom he met last year. “She is determined, confident and generous. In a short space of time she found herself in sync with me. I could spend my whole life with someone like this. Thanks to Fanny I have rediscovered the balance that I need in my work.

“She puts our relationship first and foremost, so there are no distractions or rows before games. It’s not easy to be with me, because I almost have to give up on a private life, as I am constantly exposed to the public.”

Balotelli also spoke about his break-up with former girlfriend Raffaella Fico and their daughter Pia.

Fico claims Balotelli has not seen Pia since she was born in December and he said: “If it has happened so far, it is not my fault.

“I am not a nasty person. In fact, at times I am too naively good-natured. I would like to meet her and really hope she is my daughter.”

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:43 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Khabom wrote:

Mario's kid???

Looks a bit... erm.... white?

Also, even he seems to have noticed that 'his' kid is white

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:01 am 

Khabom wrote:

Mario's kid???

Looks a bit... erm.... white?

Also, even he seems to have noticed that 'his' kid is white

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pia = Mario

2013 year.
Mario: Thanks to Fanny I have rediscovered the balance that I need in my work.

2012 year.
Mario: Thanks to Raffaella I am serene, she is the most amazing thing ever happened to me.....

Mario is top player.
mario a boyfriend is unreliable

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:39 am 

understatement of the year.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:04 am 

Mario Balotelli to be fined by Milan for smoking in train toilets• Italian striker caught smoking in a toilet on the train
• Serie A match report: Fiorentina 2-2 Milan
Share 204
inShare.0Email Reuters
The Guardian, Sunday 7 April 2013 15.26 BST
Mario Balotelli played in his side's 2-2 draw at Fiorentina after having been caught smoking on a train. Photograph: Alberto Pizzoli/AFP/Getty Images
The Milan striker Mario Balotelli was caught smoking in the toilet on a train during the team's journey to Florence to face Fiorentina and will be fined, the club's chief executive, Adriano Galliani, said on Sunday.

Balotelli was told off by the train guard, who told Galliani: "You need to pull his ears. He was smoking in the bathroom," Gazzetta dello Sport reported.

Smoking is banned on Italian trains. "I want to say that we're going to fine him," Galliani said.

Balotelli has scored seven goals in eight appearances and has managed to stay out of trouble since joining in January from Manchester City, where he was involved in a series of rows with the club's manager, Roberto Mancini.

Milan squandered a two-goal lead against a 10-man Fiorentina and drew 2-2 after conceding two penalties.

Balotelli threw a tantrum at the end after he was involved in an altercation with Fiorentina's goalkeeper, Emiliano Viviano.

He stormed into the tunnel gesticulating angrily, although it was not clear what had upset him.

Earlier, the 22-year-old Italian had been booked for failing to retreat at a free-kick and he will miss next week's Serie A match at home to Napoli, direct rivals in the race for a place in the Champions League, for accumulated yellow cards.

He was lucky not to be sent off for a late challenge on David Pizarro in the closing minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:59 pm 

Mario Balotelli might get a frosty reception from girlfriend Fanny Neguesha after he reportedly made a bizarre comment about the Belgian model ahead of Real Madrid’s Champions League clash with Borussia Dortmund.

The former Manchester City striker is apparently so confident Dortmund will qualify for the Champions League final, he is claimed to have said that he would allow the Spanish side’s squad to sleep with his girlfriend if they managed to upset the odds and reach Wembley.

In Spanish newspapers AS and Marca, the Italy forward was quoted as saying: ‘If Real Madrid come back in Champions League, I’ll let my girlfriend sleep with them!’

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:28 pm 

Fanny Negusha?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:19 pm 

robeSI wrote:
2013 year.
Mario: Thanks to Fanny I have rediscovered the balance that I need in my work.

2012 year.
Mario: Thanks to Raffaella I am serene, she is the most amazing thing ever happened to me.....

Mario is top player.
mario a boyfriend is unreliable

Thanks to fanny I've made all the worst decisions in my life. :(

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:42 pm 

He is not super anymore. :mad:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:25 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
He is not super anymore. :mad:

He'll always be super to me.. if only for this:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 pm 

He played with Shauny?! What? That's Bullshit. :hand:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm 

the FA cup semi where he winked at them and then did a bit of celebrating in front of the united fans, then got pulled around by anderson and ferdinand before mancini and platt intervened. that and

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm 

Quote:
The racism aimed at Mario Balotelli and Kevin-Prince Boateng shames ItalyMonkey chants directed at Milan's Mario Balotelli and Kevin-Prince Boateng by Roma fans was deeply dispiriting
Share 15
inShare.0Email
Milan's Mario Balotelli attempts to silence the Roma fans after being subjected to racist monkey chants. Photograph: Claudio Villa/Getty Images
This time, nobody walked. When the racist chants began at San Siro on Sunday evening, Mario Balotelli turned towards the offending supporters and pressed a finger to his lips. An announcement was broadcast over the stadium's public address warning that displays of discrimination – whether on the grounds of race, sex, religion or regional stereotypes – would not be tolerated. But in the short term, at least, Milan's match against Roma continued.

That had not been the case four months previously, when Kevin-Prince Boateng was abused during Milan's friendly against Pro Patria. Back then the midfielder simply kicked the ball in the direction of the culprits before removing his shirt and walking off the pitch. His team-mates followed suit, and the game was abandoned.

Boateng was acclaimed for his bravery, his stand described in the Italian newspaper La Repubblica as "the only just and reasonable act we have seen in decades of barbarised football". The player was invited to address United Nations delegates on the importance of confronting racism, as well as to meet with the Fifa president Sepp Blatter.

But it is one thing to walk out of a friendly on a point of principle, quite another to do it in a match that matters. Milan had gone into Sunday's game against Roma knowing that victory would allow them to tie up third place in Serie A once and for all. Anything less would mean travelling to Siena on the final weekend with qualification to next year's Champions League still very much in jeopardy.

So when a section of Roma's supporters began to make monkey noises at Boateng and Balotelli on Sunday, both players knew that there was little they could do in response. As Blatter himself had reminded the club back in January, teams that abandon games will typically be made to forfeit them.

Under Fifa's guidelines, only the referee should decide when a match needs to be suspended. Gianluca Rocchi was the man filling that role on Sunday. His selection for this game had been a controversial one. Rocchi hails from Florence, home to the Fiorentina team that has been challenging Milan for that last Champions League berth.

At first Rocchi did not act. When the chants began mid-way through the first half, he allowed play to continue. It was, as ever, a vocal minority leading the abuse, and many supporters in both the home and away sections attempted at first to drown them out with jeers and whistles.

The voice on the PA warned twice that the game could be suspended, but it was not until after the interval that Rocchi made good on that threat. In the 48th minute the referee brought proceedings to a halt, scooping the ball up and tucking it under his left arm. As he did so, Roma's captain, Francesco Totti, went over to address the troublemakers. The game was suspended for a total of 97 seconds before the chants died down and play resumed.

Sadly, that was not to be the end of it. Further monkey noises were heard on at least two more occasions before the end of the game. Some Milan supporters responded with a chant of "Nerone, bruciali tutti!". That phrase would commonly be translated as "Nero, burn them all!" – a reference to the emperor who was accused of playing his lyre while Rome burned in the Great Fire of 64 AD. But this was likely a deliberate play on words. "Nerone" can also mean "big black".

It all added up to a deeply dispiriting scene. "What a beautiful evening for families," wrote a bitterly sarcastic Alessandra Bocci in Monday morning's Gazzetta dello Sport. The Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri lamented the "retrograde mentality" displayed by his compatriots.

This, after all, was no isolated incident. In just the last few weeks Balotelli had been racially abused during away games against Juventus and Fiorentina (and he wasn't even playing against the former). Such instances not only stain the reputation of the league, but also deter families who might otherwise consider bringing their kids to a game – with the result that stadiums become both ever more empty and dominated by the extremist fringe.

These problems are not new. Racist chants and banners have been a feature of Italian stadiums for decades. Endless initiatives have been launched to combat such activity, from public awareness campaigns to a system of fines for clubs whose fans persist in racist chanting. The Italian Football Federation has recently sought to refine the latter method, offering discounts to teams if they can identify ringleaders and ban them from the stadium.

Players have staged their own protests. Marco Zoro walked off the pitch after being abused during Messina's game against Internazionale in 2005, before eventually being persuaded to continue. In 2001 Treviso's players and manager famously "blacked up" in support of their forward Akeem Omolade.

The truth is that there can be no simple solution to a complex problem. Racism persists in Italian stadiums in part because it persists in sections of Italian society. A culture of campanilismo – the sense of belonging to one's town or province, rather than to the country as a whole – has tended to foster wariness in some communities towards all outsiders, not just those with a different skin colour, religion or nationality.

It is also true that the perpetrators of racist chants will often seek to defend their actions with the claim that they are not racist at all – but simply intent on doing whatever it takes to get under an opponent's skin. Not all of the chants aimed at Balotelli on Sunday, for example, were explicitly racist. At times he was simply informed: "You must die. You must die."

To his credit, Balotelli managed for the most part to keep his cool. That was more than could be said for his team-mate Sulley Muntari – sent off after attempting to physically restrain the referee.

It all began with a foul by Balotelli. The forward arrived late, if not with any particular malice, into a challenge on Marquinho in the 39th minute, and was duly booked for his trouble. Muntari protested on his team-mate's behalf, and got shown the yellow card too. At that point he got into in a physical confrontation with Rocchi, leading the referee to reach for the red.

Rather than accepting his fate, Muntari then proceeded to grab Rocchi's arms, restraining them by his side. For about half a minute he prevented the official from getting the card out of his pocket. As a long-term strategy, though, his approach had its flaws. Eventually Rocchi obtained the card and sent Muntari off. The player's ban is likely to be a long one.

In the short term Muntari seemed to have put his team in a perilous position. Roma had started the game brightly, and this was a fixture that they too needed to win in order to maintain their faint hopes of qualifying for Europe through the league.

Despite such stakes, however, there was a lack of urgency on both sides. A game which had promised much during its high-tempo opening exchanges petered out into a tame goalless draw. The second half was notable only for Totti getting himself sent off in injury time, for an elbow to his former team-mate Philippe Mexès.

The good news for Roma fans is that suspensions in Italy do not carry over from one competition to another, meaning that Totti will still be available for their Coppa Italia final against Lazio in two weeks' time. If Roma do not win that game, they will not play in Europe next season.

As for Milan, their Champions League fate will be determined by the aforementioned trip to Siena. Their task is made easier by the fact that these opponents have nothing left to fight for after their relegation was confirmed last week. On the other hand, Siena have been hard to break down at home, conceding less than one goal per game.

Allegri will hope Balotelli can recapture the form that has helped Milan score nine in their previous three games. Most other fans of Italian football will simply hope that we can finish next week talking about things that happened on the pitch, not off it.

stay classy italian fans, stay classy.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 pm 

Don't be a Twit, Mario! After a number of fake accounts Milan striker Balotelli finally joins Twitter
By JOHN DRAYTON
PUBLISHED: 18:56, 16 May 2013 | UPDATED: 19:33, 16 May 2013
Comments (20)

Former Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has joined social networking website Twitter
Over the years the controversial Italian has had a number of fake and parody accounts set up in his name, but he has now entered the twittersphere with the handle @FinallyMario.

Getting social: AC Milan's forward Mario Balotelli has joined Twitter

Networking: Balotelli will be able to communicate with his fans
The account has been confirmed as genuine by the Rossoneri in a short statement on their website.
Balotelli joined Milan in January following three years with former Premier League champions Manchester City.
However, he has been successful during his first four months in Serie A scoring 11 goals in 12 games.

should be amusing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:39 am 

Mario Balotelli hits back at Usain Bolt's negative remarks• 'I don't like Balotelli very much,' says sprinter
• Footballer tells him not to judge people he doesn't know
Share 13
inShare.0Email Guardian staff
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 6 June 2013 11.16 BST
Mario Balotelli tweets at Usain Bolt. Photograph: @FinallyMario
The Italian footballer Mario Balotelli has responded to disparaging comments from Usain Bolt by telling the Jamaican sprinter not to judge people he does not know.

Bolt, who won three sprinting gold medals at both the 2008 and 2012 Olympics, is in Rome for the Diamond League on Thursday night, and spoke about the Milan forward in an interview with TG1 this week.

"Balotelli is a great football player, although perhaps a little too aggressive for my tastes," said Bolt. "He never misses a penalty. I've met him a couple of times and to be honest I don't like him very much."

Balotelli answered back on his official Twitter account: "@usainbolt get to no people before to judge them! Isnt very kind what u said about me..." The tweet has since been deleted.

Balotelli spent two and a half seasons with Manchester City, moving to Milan in January. Bolt has spoken in the past of his dream of one day playing for City's rivals, Manchester United.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:10 pm 

Usain Bolt is a munich bastard.

That's all you need to know about him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm 

KickerConspiracy wrote:
Usain Bolt is a munich bastard.

That's all you need to know about him.

S'fucking truth n'all. He figures one day he might run out for them, good grief doooooood. :hand:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:33 pm 

Afterburn would have him in our team.

PACE!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next