Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 pm 

Hart

Boateng/Zabs
Komps
Lescott
Kolarov/Zabs

De jong
Barry
YaYa

Johnson
Tevez
Milner

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 pm 

David Silva picks up his third Etihad player of the month award. :8ball:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:52 pm 

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/?fanzoneposts=the-joy-of-watching-david-silva

A little blog that somebody dead good (:whistle:) wrote about David Silva last week.

Feel free to ignore it or hate it or whatever. Just putting it out there.

I'll warn you now, there's at least one typo/missing word in there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm 

have at our disposal.

goldfish please

he’d like, no problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:00 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
have at our disposal.

goldfish please

he’d like, no problem

Good job I don't get paid for it eh :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:00 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Good job I don't get paid for it eh :rolleyes:

I know loads of people who can't spell or string two words together and get paid for it.
It's the world we live in.
Hardly a high standard to be found anywhere.
Everybody's crap.
Your "Travelling Bad Luck Charm" blog is quite good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:56 pm 

Not bad Squidge.
I could spend time and energy deconstructing your juxtaposition and grammatical usage , but I can't be bothered and on one reading it probably is not all that necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:39 pm 

Old Ed wrote:
I know loads of people who can't spell or string two words together and get paid for it.
It's the world we live in.
Hardly a high standard to be found anywhere.
Everybody's crap.
Your "Travelling Bad Luck Charm" blog is quite good though.

Thank you - I was actually a bit disappointed with that but had to submit something. People seem to have liked it though so y'know, maybe I'm not the best judge of my own writing.

And Ta Bert :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:46 pm 

Squidge wrote:
Thank you - I was actually a bit disappointed with that but had to submit something. People seem to have liked it though so y'know, maybe I'm not the best judge of my own writing.

And Ta Bert :)

You must always be disappointed with what you've written or you're not a writer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:56 pm 

Nice quote. I like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:58 am 

This story today on the OS about how great David Silva is because he's not on holiday yet but playing really well for Spain against teams over in the Americas is more alarming than anything in my book. He's our maestro, the guy should be in a box full of cotton wool sleeping like a bear, getting ready for next season, not playing meaningless games overseas.:mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:59 am 

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2011/June/Silva-still-on-the-go

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:54 pm 

What a guy!!!!

http://twitpic.com/60hm7u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:16 pm 

Yesterday I got to thinking; is Silva slightly wrong for the team we've built?

Now wait: I think he's amazing.

When that real cutesy Utd goal went it I thought 'why don't we ever do really slick stuff like that?' but then I thought about the two goals that we did score (cross provided by Silva) and I think we've been missing goals like that for ages. We're a tall, powerful, strong side and it was great, for once, to see a header from a free kick go in someone have a decent pop at a long range belter and it go in.

It seems to me that theres often too much attempted passing around the edge of the area and Silva is the only one who is half way good at it. And we adopt that style when it would be better to make use of power, height etc.

I wonder what the old fashioned 4-4-2 would be like with him on the right and Johnson on the left crossing in for Dzeko and Yaya running in.

I haven't seen Aguero to know what he's bringing to the team but I'm excited all the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:26 pm 

You've a point. That was an arsenal-esque goal we saw yday, and that is exactly what would suit Silva's play....but not ours. We are definitely more suited to a 20 - 40 yard wonder pass from Schneijder with Dzeko, Balo, AJ up front.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:30 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
You've a point. That was an arsenal-esque goal we saw yday, and that is exactly what would suit Silva's play....but not ours. We are definitely more suited to a 20 - 40 yard wonder pass from Schneijder with Dzeko, Balo, AJ up front.

*puts fingers in ears* lalalalalalalalalala

I know where your coming from, but i just think once they start clicking again, and david is sliding them in Kun:), then we'll be happy days..
But i would not be adverse to young wes being in the fold, but i fear he well be a rag sooner rather than later...

lets have none of this sliva don't suit us talk reet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:38 pm 

Dick Peacock wrote:
Yesterday I got to thinking; is Silva slightly wrong for the team we've built?

Now wait: I think he's amazing.

When that real cutesy Utd goal went it I thought 'why don't we ever do really slick stuff like that?' but then I thought about the two goals that we did score (cross provided by Silva) and I think we've been missing goals like that for ages. We're a tall, powerful, strong side and it was great, for once, to see a header from a free kick go in someone have a decent pop at a long range belter and it go in.

It seems to me that theres often too much attempted passing around the edge of the area and Silva is the only one who is half way good at it. And we adopt that style when it would be better to make use of power, height etc.

I wonder what the old fashioned 4-4-2 would be like with him on the right and Johnson on the left crossing in for Dzeko and Yaya running in.

I haven't seen Aguero to know what he's bringing to the team but I'm excited all the same.

Silva and Tevez worked well around the box last season. I think Silva and Aguero will be the same.

I feel like we haven't had anyone who can throw in a decent cross for a while now. Our corners yesterday were atrocious.

I miss Petrov for that, he would throw in a cross from 15yds inside the opponents half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:43 pm 

Khabom wrote:
Silva and Tevez worked well around the box last season. I think Silva and Aguero will be the same.

I feel like we haven't had anyone who can throw in a decent cross for a while now. Our corners yesterday were atrocious.

I miss Petrov for that, he would throw in a cross from 15yds inside the opponents half.

I always thought gazbaz could swing a decent corner in,but they have all been cock at them recently...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:14 pm 

Silva's pass for Dzeko in the Inter game.

He can work with anybody, and that is exactly what Dzeko needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:39 pm 

Roberto Mancini hails Manchester City's David Silva as world class• Manager puts Spaniard on par with Xavi and Iniesta
• Feels Barça and Real Madrid should have signed midfielder

Tweet this

reddit this Press Association guardian.co.uk, Monday 12 September 2011 13.01 BST Article history
Manchester City's David Silva is as good as Barcelona's Xavi, his manager Roberto Mancini has said. Photograph: Andrew Boyers/Action Images
Roberto Mancini has paid tribute to David Silva, describing him as one of the world's best players – and is grateful that Spain's loss is Manchester City's gain.

The City manager is baffled that Barcelona and Real Madrid overlooked the midfielder, signed from Valencia in 2009, who has played a dominant role in the club's victorious start to the season.

"Silva is a top, top player," said Mancini. "I don't know why he didn't go to Barça or Real Madrid because he's Spanish but we are lucky because he's here. If he had gone to Barça two years ago everyone would say he's one of the best players in the world – and he is one of the best players in the world.

"He's different from [Lionel] Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo because they are strikers and score a lot of goals but I think he's the same as Xavi and [Andrés] Iniesta."

City will make their Champions League debut on Wednesday when Napoli visit Manchester, and Mancini will hope to reap the dividends of a rotation policy that is one of the benefits of his large squad.

Mancini admits the players may not be happy to be rested or start on the bench – for example Edin Dzeko did not play a minute of City's 3-0 win over Wigan Athletic at the weekend despite scoring four goals in the previous match.

Mancini said: "They may not be happy – that's impossible because every player wants to play always, but I'm the manager and I need to take this decision. Now we have a difficult match coming up, we play every three days and these players like Edin, [Aleksander] Kolarov, [Stefan] Savic, [Samir] Nasri have played two games in four days and they need to recover.

"We have a long year and I need all the players to be available as much as possible and sometimes it's better that they rest. We have the first game in the Champions League for the club, it will be an exciting night but we need to have a focus and make sure we beat them."

Mancini accepts that Serie A is behind the Premier League in terms of quality but insists City should not think they can stroll to victory against the Italian side, who were from the pot of fourth seeds in last month's draw but have a pedigree in the competition going back to the days when Diego Maradona captained the side.

"I think at this moment Serie A is behind the Premier League but in the Champions League it's different," he said. "For Napoli it will be the first time in the European Cup after many years, after Maradona, and for them, like us, the first night will be very exciting.

"They are a very good team and the Champions League is not like the Premier League, we only have six games and you need to win always if you want to go in the second stage.

"It's strange because our group is a very hard group and all the teams can finish top or in fourth position."

City of course, have the Maradona connection too now – Sergio Agüero, who has already scored six goals this season, is his son-in-law.

"I don't know if Maradona will support Naples or City – he will have mixed feelings," said Mancini.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next