Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:24 am 

I'm trying to get meself a tune for Silva here, Right Said Fred, Deeply Dippy, theres a bit in it that goes.... Deeply Dippy about yer Spanish eyes Sierra smile and something, being a songwriter yer think i 'd come up with something but it's all arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Deeply dippy about the feet yer got
go round the lot i love the feet yer got.......
Deeply dippy when you score a goal
go round the lot and thats when yer score a goal....

Ohhh Silvaaaaa I love it when you score in Fashion.
Ohhh Silvaaaaa I love it when you show the passion

Deeply Dippy when yer score a goal
So much Control, When you score a goal
Deeply Dippy on The score sheet
Silva Scores Everytime we Meet

Ohhh Silvaaaaa I love it when you score in Fashion.
Ohhh Silvaaaaa I love it when you show the passion

What yer think???????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:52 am 

Quote:
DAVID SILVA insists he would snub Barcelona and Real Madrid to stay at Manchester City.
The Spanish playmaker, 25, has been in sensational form as City have opened up a five-point lead at the top of the Premier League.

He was instrumental in the club's 6-1 demolition of neighbours Manchester United last weekend and is already favourite to be crowned Footballer of the Year.

His displays have alerted Barca boss Pep Guardiola and Real coach Jose Mourinho.

Bu Silva said: "City believed in me and I'm very well here.

"Real Madrid and Barcelona are definitely two great clubs but I hope to stay in Manchester for many years."

I have an overwhelming urge to post him a pair of my pants for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
I have an overwhelming urge to post him a pair of my pants for some reason.

Don't do that. :(

We want him to stay! :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:03 am 

Too late.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:05 am 

Too late.

Can you send a pair to Carlos?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 am 

Khabom wrote:
Can you send a pair to Carlos?

I'm working on a pair now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:30 am 

I'm working on a pair now.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 pm 

Can't believe no one has mentioned me Song about Silva!!!!!!! I'm guessing most of yer don't know how Deeply Dippy goes or yer think it's shite. I've Written a few good songs in my time but my Silva Tune is the best by far. I Could actaully record it if enough people like it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:50 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Can't believe no one has mentioned me Song about Silva!!!!!!! I'm guessing most of yer don't know how Deeply Dippy goes or yer think it's shite. I've Written a few good songs in my time but my Silva Tune is the best by far. I Could actaully record it if enough people like it.

Do this and then I'll critique it. I do no know DD of the top of my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Do this and then I'll critique it. I do no know DD of the top of my head.

This is the tune http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbZ2JSYfD0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:40 pm 

silva love-in

Manchester City's sublime David Silva makes the game look simpleNear-perfect Spanish playmaker has helped – and been helped by – City's revolution and was once again key against Villarreal

Tweet this

reddit this Comments (69)

Sid Lowe at Stadio El Madrigal guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 2 November 2011 23.29 GMT Article history
David Silva, centre, bisects Villarreal players – the Manchester City midfielder is in the form of his life. Photograph: Juan Carlos Cardenas/EPA
David Silva saw two passes at the same time: the one that Mario Gaspar was about to get wrong and the one that he was about to get right. Half an hour had been played when the Villarreal defender played his pass. He got the weight of it wrong; Silva did not. Watching, waiting, he stepped in front of Hernán Pérez, its intended target, and controlled, quickly finding Yaya Touré – another assist, another goal. In a flash Manchester City had the lead.

This was not Silva's most sparkling assist, far from it. Nor would his second "assist" be – the simple ball to Mario Balotelli that saw him win a penalty just before half-time. These could not compete with Silva's twinkling feet and volleyed delivery against Manchester United. But there was something about it – about both of them – that spoke of his evolution.

Silva's absence from the shortlist for the 2011 Ballon d'Or amid talk of him being the Premier League's best player right now, speaks of a man vastly improved on last season and different too – one who was not among the best in the world but now is. So too does his absence, until recently, from the Spain starting XI – a situation that led him to speak out and prompted his father to complain: "David doesn't know what he has to do to get in the side."

The answer perhaps was to speak up – and then back up those words. The following game Vicente del Bosque started him in a free role against Scotland. He scored twice and provided the other. Here, it appeared, was a different footballer. England had changed him.

But in truth there has been no revolution. If there is an argument for Silva to be England's best footballer, it is at least partly cumulative, a case built bit by bit rather than with the sudden production of Exhibit A: the smoking gun. The players around him have changed and the stage too: this is the Champions League and winning 6-1 at Old Trafford gets noticed like little else. People are talking about him now. Mancini already valued him but he only described him as City's Merlin.

What there has been is an evolution of sorts, a shift. Silva has played a more central role because, well, because he has played a more central role. Shifted inside from the wing, given greater freedom, the stats show three times as many assists, twice as many goals and more key passes – more passes full stop. And that was what was so noticeable. Here was an intelligent, alert footballer who displayed both urgency and tranquillity, a complete playmaker.

At times Touré and Silva appeared to have inverted roles. Often Touré was further forward than Silva, who dropped deeper, hanging back to watch and wait for the moment – choosing when to play and how to play, not just for himself but for his team-mates too. On those occasions in which he did dash beyond them, and it was often, he did so with intent, the ball shifted with precision and pace with his feet fast. Traditional playmakers may be disappearing but Silva did quite an impression of one here. When went off with 25 minutes to go after a bang to the back, even Villarreal's fans gave him an ovation. City's fans chanted "There's only one David Silva" and they were right. Even in this side.

When the goal came, it should not have been a surprise that he saw both passes. He saw every other one. He often dropped all the way back to begin moves but he helped finish them too. At other times he drifted left or, more often, right.

City looked for him always; so too did Villarreal. He was brought down for the free-kick that crashed into the wall as once again he hung back, giving the move a deeper outlet – one step back to take two forward. Then there was the move that led to the second, a flurry of steps wide to draw defenders before heading back inside, a sprint into a right-hand channel he occupied often and the brakes went on. Silva's weight and the ball shifted back to his left foot and he provided a simple pass for Balotelli. It looked simple anyway. Everything Silva does looks simple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:11 pm 

el es el maestro, Viva Silva y Viva City :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:15 pm 

is a fucking hero. /continuation of thread title

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:18 pm 

ill rub your back better silva ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:14 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
is a fucking hero. /continuation of thread title

I think we should create a worship thread in a degrading sycophant style. Who´s in?:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:35 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
I think we should create a worship thread in a degrading sycophant style. Who´s in?:cool:

We should do this for most of them tbf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:55 pm 

apart from being the best player i have ever seen in a city shirt, he also wears black boots:approve::approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 am 

racist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 am 

Any know how long he's contracted to us for, and how much he's on?

You'd think he could pretty much name his price when it comes to renegotiating...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 pm 

Any know how long he's contracted to us for, and how much he's on?

You'd think he could pretty much name his price when it comes to renegotiating...

Contract ends summer of 2014. I don't know about wages exactly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 321 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next