Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:22 am 

Bert Trautmanns neck brace wrote:
I am concerned that these people coming are not just here to boost their pension like Mac Manaman and Viera , but younger players who will want to play regularly. If they don't they will become unsettled and that usually leads to a knock on effect amongst the others.

Ha! Best line ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:22 am 

slart wrote:
Why are you concerned? We'll need a lot of players for the coming season if we are to have a serious run in the Europa Cup (we should be looking to win this), the FA and the League as well as challanging at the top of the Prem.

We will be off loading a number of players now we have these new signings in place. RSC, SWP, Ned, Craig, Ireland may be leaving us very soon.

I think we should be looking at winning the Europa also, there can't be many teams better that City in it.

Personally, i don't think Bridge is good enough, he's too left sided, not good enough control. get's caught out too much. how many times he lets the opponent beat him on the inside it's unreal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:24 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
I think we should be looking at winning the Europa also, there can't be many teams better that City in it.

Personally, i don't think Bridge is good enough, he's too left sided, not good enough control. get's caught out too much. how many times he lets the opponent beat him on the inside it's unreal.

Final will be held in Dublin.:approve:

Everyone can stay in my place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 am 

slart wrote:

yay

party at slarts house

we will be coming over slarty - you know that don't you

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:26 am 

slart wrote:

That's good, we'll lift the Europa in Dublin, then come back to Manchester and lift the Premiership at Eastlands.:approve:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 am 

Tenner says Slart and Bassman end up fucking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 am 

EalingBlue wrote:
Kompany for captain IMO.

This. I like this.

I have few concerns about the players we are signing. There's always a problem isn't there? I'd rather this be our problem then the ones we have become used to. We do have too many DM's but apart from that, the squad is looking in good shape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 am 

South East Citizen wrote:

laugh out loud... :D.... and I only post that when I really laugh!

post of the month for me. Goodonya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 am 

Squidge wrote:
This. I like this.

I have few concerns about the players we are signing. There's always a problem isn't there? I'd rather this be our problem then the ones we have become used to. We do have too many DM's but apart from that, the squad is looking in good shape.

yep, the 'which international class player do we pick today' is a lot better than 'fucking hell, it's bob taylor'

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:40 am 

no dice.
Miggs wrote:
im actually concerned. I want a left back that can defend. Instead of a left back who thinks he can be our left winger. But if he can track back and defend well then awesome

i've forgotten what that looks like tbh.

he's no tusko, but let's hope he's a damn sight better than bridge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 am 

Ha! Best line ever.

no. this is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:44 am 

Timpblue wrote:
yay

party at slarts house

we will be coming over slarty - you know that don't you

Cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:45 am 

GermanCityFan wrote:

no. this is.

Ill probably be meeting him soon if he gets his supplies through who i think he will.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 am 

Manchester City agree £17m deal with Lazio for Aleksandar Kolarov• Serbia left-back has been likened to Roberto Carlos
• Will take club's spending so far this summer to close to £80m
(24)Tweet this (52)Daniel Taylor guardian.co.uk, Thursday 15 July 2010 20.49 BST Article history
Aleksandar Kolarov played twice for Serbia during the World Cup in South Africa. Photograph: Tony Marshall/Empics Sport
Manchester City are on the verge of taking their summer spending close to £80m after Lazio accepted a £17m bid for the Serbia international Aleksandar Kolarov today.

Kolarov is an attacking left-back renowned for his powerful shooting and ability from set pieces – his style has seen him being labelled as the Serbian Roberto Carlos – and he has been identified to take over from Wayne Bridge in a new-look defence also featuring Jerome Boateng, the £10.5m recruit from Hamburg.

Bridge has not convinced the City manager, Roberto Mancini, that he is good enough for a team that aspires to challenge for the Premier League title in the coming season and the former England international can expect to start on the bench if the 24-year-old Kolarov agrees to become the club's fourth signing of the summer.

Real Madrid, Juventus and Internazionale have also approached Lazio but City are the only club to have reached an agreement and are hopeful Kolarov, who played in two of Serbia's group games in the World Cup, will not be deterred by the fact that his potential new employer will not be involved in the Champions League. If everything goes according to plan, he should take his medical in the coming days and will link up with the rest of Mancini's squad on their pre-season trip to the United States.

City have also signed David Silva from Valencia and Yaya Touré from Barcelona, both for around £25m, and the club's transfer business since the Abu Dhabi United Group took control 22 months ago is likely to go through the £300m mark in the coming weeks.

James Milner remains a target and City are hoping to reach a compromise with Aston Villa over a fee. An opening offer of £20m was turned down in May and Villa have said they want £30m pounds, but it helps City that Milner is known to want the transfer to go ahead.

Similarly there will be new attempts to resurrect a deal for Wolfsburg's prolific striker Edin Dzeko, despite the huge disparity in the valuation of the player. Wolfsburg are asking for a fee of around £45m whereas City are adamant they will not pay significantly above £30m.

Mancini's players are currently in Portland and Joe Hart has cut short his holiday to join them for the start of their pre-season programme. That begins with a game against Portland Timbers on Saturday and Hart hopes to convince Mancini that he should start the season in goal ahead of Shay Given, even if the Republic of Ireland international has recovered from the shoulder injury he suffered towards the end of last season.

Hart was not originally due to join up with the squad until they go to New York next Thursday but, mindful that this could be a season in which he also establishes himself as England's first-choice goalkeeper, he has changed his plans to try to get a headstart on Given.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:55 am 

I reckon give up on Milner now, we don't really need him (unless that homegrown is becoming a factor, i don't really know). Villa won't let him go unless it's for stupid money, and they'll only go out and spend it on 3 £10m players who we'll be bidding £30m each for in 18 months time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 am 

i really rate john carew. If he was happy with a bench role id be happy for us to sign him. We havent been linked but ive always been a fan

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:02 am 

Miggs wrote:
i really rate john carew. If he was happy with a bench role id be happy for us to sign him. We havent been linked but ive always been a fan

I like Carew, but he's probably too old now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:24 am 

Half Bassman Half Biscuit wrote:
I like Carew, but he's probably too old now.

I agree with this. We probably already have players who could do the job he would do, and we wouldn't be paying over the top for the pleasure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:00 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsDznEvS4yI&feature=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:08 pm 

i really liked this bit
"Joe Hart has cut short his holiday to join them for the start of their pre-season programme. That begins with a game against Portland Timbers on Saturday and Hart hopes to convince Mancini that he should start the season in goal ahead of Shay Given, even if the Republic of Ireland international has recovered from the shoulder injury he suffered towards the end of last season.

Hart was not originally due to join up with the squad until they go to New York next Thursday but, mindful that this could be a season in which he also establishes himself as England's first-choice goalkeeper, he has changed his plans to try to get a headstart on Given."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next