Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:28 pm 

Manchester City are putting the finishing touches on a new four-year contract for striker John Guidetti after both parties agreed terms.

The 20-year-old, who is currently sidelined with a virus, scored 20 goals in 23 league appearances during a stunning campaign on loan at Feyenoord last season.

The Dutch club wanted to to sign Guidetti for another season but he stayed at City beyond the summer transfer window and manager Roberto Mancini rates the Sweden international highly.

Guidetti made it clear during talks with club officials over the summer that he wanted to play regularly and could yet leave the club on loan in January if he does not feature often, once he recovers from his illness, which he contracted over the summer.

But the striker has been assured he has a bright future at the Etihad Stadium, highlighted by the four-year deal agreed for a player who had two years remaining on his existing contract and has recently been linked with QPR and Bayern Munich.

The agreement ends speculation over Guidetti's long-term future after his agent claimed over the summer that as many as 15 clubs had made enquiries regarding his client.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:50 pm 

Fantastic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:56 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Manchester City are putting the finishing touches on a new four-year contract for striker John Guidetti after both parties agreed terms.

The 20-year-old, who is currently sidelined with a virus, scored 20 goals in 23 league appearances during a stunning campaign on loan at Feyenoord last season.

The Dutch club wanted to to sign Guidetti for another season but he stayed at City beyond the summer transfer window and manager Roberto Mancini rates the Sweden international highly.

Guidetti made it clear during talks with club officials over the summer that he wanted to play regularly and could yet leave the club on loan in January if he does not feature often, once he recovers from his illness, which he contracted over the summer.

But the striker has been assured he has a bright future at the Etihad Stadium, highlighted by the four-year deal agreed for a player who had two years remaining on his existing contract and has recently been linked with QPR and Bayern Munich.

The agreement ends speculation over Guidetti's long-term future after his agent claimed over the summer that as many as 15 clubs had made enquiries regarding his client.

The AIDS?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:04 pm 

I seem to remember it had something to do with his right leg? One of the Inside City videos shows him pushing a scooter around a tennis court.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:00 pm 

20-year-old Manchester City striker John Guidetti has made some explosive accusations about the treatment he received since he joined the scene at Eastlands back in 2009.

In an interview set to be aired this weekend in both Sweden and Norway, Guidetti has told talkshow Skavlan (as reported by Aftonbladet):

People spat at me. Teammates took my shoes, cut them in half and threw them in the trash. They spoke badly and openly about my family when they were here for the first time. But they were not so smart that they knew Scandinavians speak English. I’ve approached both Kolo Toure and Patrick Vieira, who are both over two meters tall, and said, “Yo – don’t talk like that about me.”

In Sweden all love each other. It is high-fives and everyone cheers when someone scores. In England, it’s tough because you know that not everyone is going to make it. If you do not have the ball you can not show how good you are.

While many may put some of Guidetti’s comments down to numbskull hazing which is part of the culture of English footballer, the young Swede clearly has other, more negative opinions on his Man City colleagues behaviour. His statement about confronting some of City’s senior squad pros was also noteworthy.

Guidetti has reason to be frustrated with his currently standing at Eastlands also.

He spent last season on loan with Dutch Eredivisie side Feyenoord, where he was the club’s player of the year after he scored 20 goals in 23 appearances. Such was his impact at Feyenoord, the Swede ended his stay in Holland with a teary, emotional interview on Dutch TV.

Yet with all that said, rumours have it that Guidetti will be signing a new 4-year contract in the near future. And the Swede doesn’t seem unhappy with his current lifestyle, today Tweeting

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:07 pm 

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:43 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
20-year-old Manchester City striker John Guidetti has made some explosive accusations about the treatment he received since he joined the scene at Eastlands back in 2009.

In an interview set to be aired this weekend in both Sweden and Norway, Guidetti has told talkshow Skavlan (as reported by Aftonbladet):

People spat at me. Teammates took my shoes, cut them in half and threw them in the trash. They spoke badly and openly about my family when they were here for the first time. But they were not so smart that they knew Scandinavians speak English. I’ve approached both Kolo Toure and Patrick Vieira, who are both over two meters tall, and said, “Yo – don’t talk like that about me.”

In Sweden all love each other. It is high-fives and everyone cheers when someone scores. In England, it’s tough because you know that not everyone is going to make it. If you do not have the ball you can not show how good you are.

While many may put some of Guidetti’s comments down to numbskull hazing which is part of the culture of English footballer, the young Swede clearly has other, more negative opinions on his Man City colleagues behaviour. His statement about confronting some of City’s senior squad pros was also noteworthy.

Guidetti has reason to be frustrated with his currently standing at Eastlands also.

He spent last season on loan with Dutch Eredivisie side Feyenoord, where he was the club’s player of the year after he scored 20 goals in 23 appearances. Such was his impact at Feyenoord, the Swede ended his stay in Holland with a teary, emotional interview on Dutch TV.

Yet with all that said, rumours have it that Guidetti will be signing a new 4-year contract in the near future. And the Swede doesn’t seem unhappy with his current lifestyle, today Tweeting

I'd have punched him for saying 'yo'... :naughty:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 pm 

Mario?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:48 pm 

Quote:
John Guidetti ‏@superguidetti
Annoying!!!! Plz everybody note that I have never been spat on by anyone at the club, nor has my familly ever been disrespected by the club.

U Must Be JOKING!! Regarding the broken-out-of-context comments in the News on my appearance @ the TV-Show #SKAVLAN with Alicia Keys ...

and just 2 make it clear kolo and Patric are 2 to nicest peapole i have meet taken care of me soo good ! Nothing but love 4 them

are that they're very strong and tough to play against because they are so good. I’ve nothing but Love for #MCFC and the people there!!!

and regarding the prank in 2009 with my boots, well... and my point of standing up against fantastic players like Patrick and Kolo,

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:22 am 

Signed a three year contract.

http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/O ... i-contract

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 am 

Just read that, hope he gets a decent run in the first team. He has a very promising career ahead of him, hopefully with City. :TopHat2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:40 pm 

Id like to see him get a few chances.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:52 am 

Gobby wrote:
Just read that, hope he gets a decent run in the first team. He has a very promising career ahead of him, hopefully with City. :TopHat2

Our top forwards can't get a decent run, this kid's got no chance

Shame we went out of the League Cup. He can play in the Europa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:16 pm 

Playing for the EDS at the moment. First game back after his Virus. Scores after 9 mins. Pozo just made it 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
Playing for the EDS at the moment. First game back after his Virus. Scores after 9 mins. Pozo just made it 2.0

That's one hell of a Virus isnt it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:12 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Our Tommy wrote:

He got it back end of last season and gave him problems with his leg apparently. Had to come back from his loan spell early.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 pm 

Our Tommy wrote:
Barna Azul wrote:
Our Tommy wrote:

He got it back end of last season and gave him problems with his leg apparently. Had to come back from his loan spell early.

Sounds a bit more serious than a Virus then!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:07 pm 

Dunno. HIV's pretty bad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:49 pm 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
Dunno. HIV's pretty bad

not anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm 

Looks like he's off on loan to Trabzonspor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next