Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:05 pm 

I do agree with you guys, Nasri is a player I particularly like since his Marseille days and he is not a bad player with us. The only thing is the way he plays now is like a second silva trying to dribble into the center. When away it won't be the most effective strategy even though it can work because we have great individual stars, but mostly what we need is a width player who can stretch out opposing defenses since the are always compact. That's why Johnson will be more effective.

An example is the Bolton game, Silva didn't play so Nasri slotted perfectly into his spot while Johnson did his thing on the wings.
Result: We had a great game with Nasri playing well and Johnson providing the assist to settle the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:00 pm 

Johnson not even on the bench for arguably the two biggest games of the season (Derby and final game vs. QPR). He should go to a fulham/aston villa and get 38 games played.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:57 pm 

jcwilsn1 wrote:
Johnson not even on the bench for arguably the two biggest games of the season (Derby and final game vs. QPR). He should go to a fulham/aston villa and get 38 games played.

We have a fully fit squad. Balotelli didn't make the bench versus Newcastle. There's only a certain number of places. Johnson should stay at City and hope we stay in Europe longer to ensure more game time.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:16 pm 

If Johnson is smart he will stay .He has plenty of example around him.Its all up to him.
Look at how some of his team mates have improved ..Clichy ,Yaya ,Silva ,Kompany ..to name few.
He should just keep his head down and listen to Mancini . He will be top player.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:17 pm 

Totally agree HLF.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:26 pm 

Hi-lo fi wrote:
If Johnson is smart he will stay .He has plenty of example around him.Its all up to him.
Look at how some of his team mates have improved ..Clichy ,Yaya ,Silva ,Kompany ..to name few.
He should just keep his head down and listen to Mancini . He will be top player.

With Hazard and other offensive transfer targets in Mancini's sights, it doesn't seem smart for Johnson to stay in my opinion. Even if we went all the way in the champions league, with 1 or 2 additional wingers when would Johnson get any additional time?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

Yes. Same as Milner, there are games they will play and some they wont. Mancini quite rightly chose not to change a winning team for the last 6 matches.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 pm 

jcwilsn1 wrote:
Hi-lo fi wrote:

With Hazard and other offensive transfer targets in Mancini's sights, it doesn't seem smart for Johnson to stay in my opinion. Even if we went all the way in the champions league, with 1 or 2 additional wingers when would Johnson get any additional time?

What would you rather do though? Start ten (and come off the bench in another sixteen) league matches and win the FA Cup and then the League in successive seasons or play all thirty-eight games for a mid-table team unlikely to win anything. If he was completely frozen out of the squad, I'd understand a desire to leave but he's not been frozen out. He's just been unfortunate with - among other things - our relative lack of injuries and the policy of sticking with a winning team during the run-in. I'd hate to lose him only to get two months into next season and to have both Silva and Nasri out of action. Not every player can be a starter and I don't think AJ needs to be.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm 

AJ also is our only true winger, we need another winger IMO so we can change formations up if a certain situation calls for it... and he better stay. I imagine winning a medal changed any thoughts he may or may not have had.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:37 pm 

jcwilsn1 wrote:
Hi-lo fi wrote:

He has to improve and fight for his position.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:40 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Yes. Same as Milner, there are games they will play and some they wont. Mancini quite rightly chose not to change a winning team for the last 6 matches.

This

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:42 pm 

Hi-lo fi wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

This

Agree about the last 6 matches for sure. Gotta play what's not broken.

And my points about Johnson leaving was entirely based on his perspective. It's tough because no matter how well he plays when he starts, I don't believe he'll ever get a string of starts. At his age, the only true development of the game comes from playing games.

I hope he stays, but I could certainly see him wanting to leave.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm 

I don't think Mancini's to keen on Johnson. Wouldn't be hugely surprised to see him go. Or stay. Anything could happen and it wouldn't surprise me.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:53 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:

read an interesting stat t'other day that said that milner was actually one of the most used players in the squad

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:55 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
Danny's Studs wrote:

read an interesting stat t'other day that said that milner was actually one of the most used players in the squad

I did too, I thought it was 'most minutes played for an outfield player in PL'. Impressive considering he didnt play at least last 6.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:38 am 

Quote:
Roberto Mancini has confirmed that England winger Adam Johnson was left out of Manchester City's squad to face Southampton in order to help him find a new club.

Johnson made it clear earlier this week that he was not happy to sit on the bench at City, and he has been strongly linked with moves away from the club.

Story

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:09 am 

I would make as a condition that you have to take Ade/Rocky/Elano as well....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:53 am 

OverDunne wrote:

:eek: :confused: :eek:

a. I quite like Elano

b. He's been gone for 3 years..................................

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 am 

No. Not AJ. For god's sake. Then again, he is a bit hit and miss and his pre-season has been poor. Still he is capable as shown last season. I think it would be a mistake, our only true winger really.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:21 am 

O Blue wrote:
OverDunne wrote:

:eek: :confused: :eek:

a. I quite like Elano

b. He's been gone for 3 years..................................

Oh, I know, but you're still stuck with the skinny fucker if you want AJ.....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next