Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Lescott
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:12 pm 

withdrawn from the england saquad due to injury - he seemed sprightly enough last night

and joe has a call up to replace robinson

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:13 pm 

Joe Hart is fit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:14 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Joe Hart is fit

Had an absolute mare at the weekend.

I thought Lescott was the one player to come throught the Villa game uninjured :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 pm 

MrsWeaverToBe wrote:
Joe Hart is fit

He is, thats why he's been called up for the squad

Have you got nothing better to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:42 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Had an absolute mare at the weekend.

I thought Lescott was the one player to come throught the Villa game uninjured :confused:

That's what I thought too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 am 

Toure
Lescott
Dejong
Zabaletta

All possibly injured. good job we have a 2 week break. Should have our strongest ever squad by the end of October.

Also thought Tevez looked like was carrying a bit of injury on Monday night.... slightly off the pace and not making the runs he has been making in earlier games.

Good luck to Joe - he did have a bit of a howler at the weekend, hope he get an opportunity to show what he can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:02 pm 

not lego head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:05 pm 

So Yesterday it was bit of Mancini bashing on TS, now it seems it was Lescotts turn today for coming out and saying that U*d are our main title threat and not including Spuds in his comments before our big game Sunday.

Just joined Twitter as well, and now it seems he's closed his account.

Guessing Upset Spud Fans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm 

I've never loved Lescott so much as I do now. Spurs fans are low life oxygen thieving c nts who think they have a god given right to cups and league titles even though they only have 2 players. Knobbers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 pm 

Seems he just changed his account name, still there.

Micah: Everybody follow @JoleonLescott!! Bout time he got on this... Let's see what banter he can bring us!!!!!!!

Joleon: @OfficialMR2 don't worry bout my banta bruv the people wanna no when this arm wrestle is happin. Lol

Micah: @JoleonLescott hahahaha! U already know u bottle it! Gas man central. I'd rather challenge ur brother lol

Joleon: Loads of people askin for the arm wrestle between me and @OfficialMR2 I'm calling him out like mayweather did pacman

Micah: @JoleonLescott = British Gas!

Joelon: No gas here sir everyone ask @NDJ_Official what @OfficialMR2 was sayin at training

Nigel: @JoleonLescott @OfficialMR2. These are the 2 biggest Gas men around! Stop the fuzz and this happen! I will record it!! Lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:25 pm 

Ooooooo who would win in an arm wrestle between Micah and Lescott! I'd probably say Micah but Joleon sounds like he knows he's got the measure of him... Flip a coin I reckon. That's one youtube vid I'd definitely watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm 

richards by a mile. lescott looks like he might have leverage on his side, but richards looks like a boxer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:39 pm 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
richards by a mile. lescott looks like he might have leverage on his side, but richards looks like a boxer.

I've posted this link before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=rJWX2qyDCSk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:22 pm 

LOL @ Henknapp............

Joleon Lescott admits that he and his City teammates have been cracking under the strain - with laughter! The big Blues defender has been puzzled by claims that the table-toppers have been feeling the heat and that manager Roberto Mancini was showing signs of pressure.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp and midfielder Rafael van der Vaart both seized on the fact that City lost successive cup games, to United and Liverpool, as sure signs that they couldn’t stand the pace.

But Tottenham, after moving to within three points of the top, slipped up at home to Wolves and City won at Wigan on Monday night to restore their lead at the top.

And that put the title race back in perspective after City were portrayed, in some quarters, as a club in crisis, especially after losing Yaya Toure to international duty, Vincent Kompany to suspension and David Silva to injury.

“It has been funny to listen to and watch,” said Lescott with a smile.

“There has been a lot of talk about other teams and what is going on here with the likes of Vinny out and what is going to happen.

“But we have kept together. We are confident that we can maintain our form and we know this part of the season is more about results than performances.

“It’s been crazy. None of the boys thought we were cracking, or that something was going wrong. Then suddenly a big thing was made of it in the media.

“We sat there and thought ‘Wow, we must have arrived because people are saying these things’.

“Obviously, you don’t win every game. People were saying we are cracking, we are under pressure and we aren’t going to win the league.

“Hold on a minute, we have just lost two cup games! I don’t think we are doing too badly. We proved on Monday night it is not all about performances at this stage of the season.

“A lot has been made of our recent results. The performances were good but we are judged on results, and those defeats were in cup competitions.

“Much as though we want to win them, we want to win the league more and we have only lost two league games this season. Nobody has lost less than that.

“Our main goal this season was the league and it still is. We still have a chance to go through to the Carling Cup final. We are not out of that. Our performance in the second half at Wigan showed we have every reason to be confident. But our bread and butter is the league and our performances in that have been great.

“Maybe because we played so well at the start of the season, and won so many games, that when you don’t do that, people wonder why are we not doing it now.

“We know no-one can go through a season without having a dip in form. We are aware of that. The main thing is to get the results when you are not playing well.
Hopefully we can do that.

“We have strong enough individuals to carry on with what we are doing. Manchester United do have the experience of winning titles but we have the quality to win games. As long as we do that we can be champions.

“As much as United have the experience of coming to this part of the season and being there before, we can win games. That is the most important thing.

“It was nice at the start when everyone was enjoying our performances and the goals we were scoring. As soon as you have that dip, people start to criticise.

“Maybe the neutrals want Spurs to win the league and not so much Manchester City or Manchester United. We are not getting involved in any of that. We are just trying to do our job and hopefully win the league.”

The supreme irony is that now the Blues face arch-critics Tottenham on Sunday, and the onus is on Redknapp’s team to win at the Etihad Stadium, or face a five or eight-point gap at the top.

Lescott resisted the temptation to try some mind games on Spurs, but made light of their attempts to do the same.

“Tottenham have been talking us up, saying we were cracking – I just think we have to do what we do,” said the man who has been the mainstay of defence in the absence of skipper Kompany.

“We haven’t mentioned any other team – we have just concentrated on our own performances and results. As long as you do that, I am sure they will be good.”

Mancini believes in focusing on his own team, and not getting dragged into verbal wars with the opposition, and Lescott says that is the nature of the current team at City as well.

“It isn’t deliberate not to get involved in the psychology, it is just something we have to do,” he said. “We are confident if we are doing our thing, and we haven’t to worry about anyone else.

“We have been top for most of the season and we are confident if we keep performing we will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.”

Lescott is well aware that this is the time of year when the Blues blew it last season. They went top with a 4-3 home win over Wolves on January 15 in that campaign, but won just three of the next nine.

This time, he says, they are determined to see it through, as they have a three-point lead and – on the face of it – an easier run-in than both second-placed United and Spurs.

“It is a nice position to be in,” said Lescott. “Our goal at the start of the season was to be involved come February and March and still have a chance – that is when we tailed off last season. Now we are leading the pack. The gaffer is just keeping us ticking over, telling us to keep well in our heads and focus on the job in hand.”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:47 pm 

Yeah. Hes shite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:05 pm 

Who is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:11 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm 

they both been bigging this up on twitter, as has NDJ (he thinks Joleon will wins this). obviously it didn't happen yet because there'd be shit flying everywhere whoever won.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:20 pm 

Guy on the left's shagging Younis Kaboul I heard today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 pm 

And he's brother Younés.