Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 am 

Joleon just posted this on twitter......

Who d'yer think is responsible???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Joleon just posted this on twitter......

Who d'yer think is responsible???

Chappers the kit man?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:41 am 

Tevez

Post subject: Re: Lescott
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 pm 

whats the story with him at the minute?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm 

derrycitizen wrote:
whats the story with him at the minute?

Possibly fit for Arsenal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:43 pm 

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php

This website is nice for all that stuff. Not sure how reliable the return dates are, as I have no idea where they get them and such things are rarely a perfect science.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 am 

Heard last night on TS that in one of the papers today under the headline what a Dope, Lescott and i don't know if he took it but has flu and was gonna take some Lemsip not knowing that some of the ingredients fall under banned substances.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:24 am 

DOPEY Joleon ­Lescott sparked a medical panic at Manchester City last night.

The England defender let slip on Twitter he had taken a Lemsip after being struck down with a cold.

But some varieties of the medicine contain ingredients which are banned in sport, as they are deemed to be ­performance enhancing.

Stunned staff at the club feared Joleon Lescott’s public ­admission had left him open to a potential doping ban.

Lescott just back from a groin problem, sparked the alert when he tweeted: “I get back fit, then I get a cold and no it’s not man flu ladies. Chicken soup and Lemsip for 48hrs and I will be fine.”

But when it was pointed out the potential trouble he faced, he back-tracked and tweeted: “Gonna check the Lemsip with the club doc. A lot of you have got me worried.

Anxious club bosses rang Lescott to demand an explan-ation. But he angered them further by insisting the tweet

had been just “banter” and that he was fully aware of which medications to avoid.

This time last year Roberto Mancini’s men were left reeling when defender Kolo Toure was banned for six months.

He tested positive for a banned substance contained in slimming pills he took that belonged to his wife.

The FA last night urged all players to contact club doctors before taking any medication.

Lescott’s medical scare comes hot on the heels of the Blues’ title hopes going to pot and record signing Sergio Aguero being ruled out with a blistered foot after having an allergic reaction to a foot spray.

Meanwhile, midfielder Nigel De Jong last night branded team-mate Mario Balotelli a fool who is undermining City’s title tilt with his bad boy behaviour.

Dutchman De Jong accused the Italian of being addicted to crazy antics and ordered him to get his act together.

Balotelli clashed with team-mates Yaya Toure and Aleksandar Kolarov during and after Saturday’s 3-3 draw with Sunderland.

And De Jong said: “Sometimes Mario Balotelli is a fool. At other times he is a genius – there are two sides to him.

“Lots of people expect him to pull off crazy stunts. As a result he feels he’s got to do something.

“But he knows that he has to become more serious-minded.”

De Jong claimed the Italian would have been in big trouble long ago without boss Mancini’s expert guidance.

He added: “Luckily at Manchester City we have a manager in Roberto Mancini who has his say to Balotelli.

“That is important for Mario, as otherwise he would have gone off the rails a long time ago.”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:34 am 

Get Joleon tested ASAP to prove him OK.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:45 am 

Quote:
Nigel De Jong last night branded team-mate Mario Balotelli a fool who is undermining City’s title tilt with his bad boy behaviour.

no, he doesn't.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:19 am 

Quote:
Manchester City may be only 90 minutes from wrapping up the Premier League but Joleon Lescott has urged the club's fans to "not get carried away" in the run‑up to the title decider this weekend.

City face a Queens Park Rangers side led by their former manager Mark Hughes on Sunday. Their superior goal difference dictates that, whatever Manchester United do at Sunderland, a win will make Robert Mancini's team champions.

"I'd say to our fans, keep a lid on it this week and let's not get carried away. If it happens on Sunday, they can celebrate then," said the City centre‑half. "It's in our hands but there's another vital game to go." Lescott knows that a stumble would render City's hard‑fought win at Newcastle United last Sunday irrelevant.

"It's a massive game at the weekend. It's not all over yet but, if we could close the title out, it would be unreal. You dream of these things. I never once thought: 'Yeah, I'm bound to win the Premier League.' But it was always in my mind. It will be crazy days if we win it. We've been nervous at times this season but we deserve to be up there.

"When I first arrived here [from Everton in 2009] it was more hope that we could win the league rather than real belief. But we've developed and got more players and are all starting to really believe. It's developed over a period of time. It's been a growing feeling."

Now Hughes, the man who signed Lescott for City, and a QPR team battling relegation, stand in the way of Mancini's ambitions. "There's a bit of irony in that it's him we're up against," said Lescott. "Mark Hughes was a great boss and he was very good to me."

When City lost 1-0 at Arsenal in early April the title looked Old Trafford bound but five successive victories, including a home win against Manchester United, have altered the Premier League landscape.

"It would have been crazy to have given it up after Arsenal," said Lescott. "That would have been silly. There was no chance of that happening. It would have been criminal. I don't think there was any way that could happen here because of the attitudes of the players. At this level of our careers we are not going to just give up when we get close to something like this. The lads I play with have a never-say-die attitude."

Yaya Touré, who scored the decisive goals at Newcastle to put the title within City's reach, said: "Always I have said this club can go far, this club can win something. Last year we won the FA Cup and we have to continue like that and next week try to win the game against QPR.

"We know it's going to be tough but I believe in this team, I believe in the players we have. We have some fantastic players. I have always said I came to this club to make history even if some people said I came for different things. I am going to keep telling them I came to this club to make history and that is my first objective, to help make the club into a successful football club." Jonas Gutierrez, Newcastle's Argentinian winger, spoke to his compatriots Carlos Tevez, Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta after City's triumph on Tyneside. "It's still going to be hard for them because QPR will make it hard," said Gutierrez. "It just depends on Manchester City now. They know what might happen if they don't win, so I think they are going to be really focused."

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am 

Lescott has gotten better and better as the season goes on. He and Vinny work well and both put bodies on the line. He knows his limitations and plays to his strengths. Basically, don't dick about get rid. Our central trio of VK, JL and JH is trés formidable right now and you'd have to think they will only improve the more they play. *thumbs up*

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:39 am 

Should be second name on the teamsheet for England this summer. Best English center back by a mile this season.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:40 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Should be second name on the teamsheet for England this summer. Best English center back by a mile this season.

:rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:55 am 

^ :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am 

:confused:

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:20 am 

Quote:
"I'd say to our fans, keep a lid on it this week and let's not get carried away. If it happens on Sunday, they can celebrate then,"

So what he's basically saying is he thinks QPR are going to get a draw on Sunday??

:(

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Quote:
"I'd say to our fans, keep a lid on it this week and let's not get carried away. If it happens on Sunday, they can celebrate then,"

So what he's basically saying is he thinks QPR are going to get a draw on Sunday??

:(

No I think its more, be careful, Typical City, footballs a funny game and that the fat lady aint singing yet!

Sunday could be a complete roller-coaster, ex players, expectation and the need to win for both teams puts a lot of pressure for the game.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:09 pm 

Can you imagine what a bad loser Hughes is gonna be if they get relegated? Mancio can forget that handshake...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm 

Barna Azul wrote:
Sunday could be a complete roller-coaster, ex players, expectation and the need to win for both teams puts a lot of pressure for the game.

So what you're saying is you don't think we'll beat QPR on Sunday?

:mad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next