Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:27 am 

NoddytheAdlingtonBlue wrote:
So, if the Guardian is to be believed, he was offered a massive amount of money that he subsequently turned down. Can see him heading off to Italy/Germany

If he turned down an offer of more than 100k a week he needs a reality check. Can't see him getting as much anywhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:28 am 

DM's are situational period. Fine, you'd always want a couple in the squad for tactical reasons but I can't see why you'd need more than a handful. We have a fair number of players who can play DM. I don't see whats wrong with selling Nige and buying somebody more versatile to replace him.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nige. I'd see him stay and be happy but I understand why we'd potentially sell him. If he's sounding off for money and stuff its even more understandable.

He obviously deserves a chance over the next few weeks to show off what he can do and remind us of his value but nobodies place should be an automatic right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:47 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
If he turned down an offer of more than 100k a week he needs a reality check. Can't see him getting as much anywhere else.

Anzhi? (sp?)

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:51 am 

Anzhi? (sp?)

Well yeah they would.

I wonder how much Kia is worth. I can't work out if I hate him because he's a c*nt, or if I hate him because he's making an obscene amount of money doing a job I would do for free...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:52 am 

Tresidentevil wrote:
DM's are situational period. Fine, you'd always want a couple in the squad for tactical reasons but I can't see why you'd need more than a handful. We have a fair number of players who can play DM. I don't see whats wrong with selling Nige and buying somebody more versatile to replace him.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nige. I'd see him stay and be happy but I understand why we'd potentially sell him. If he's sounding off for money and stuff its even more understandable.

He obviously deserves a chance over the next few weeks to show off what he can do and remind us of his value but nobodies place should be an automatic right.

Now I don't want Danny to have a spaz attack but let's look at the evidence (said in best Grossman voice)

Barry
Pro's - solid defensively, retains possession, AB likes him
Cons - could be said to be a bit slow and getting on in years

Milner
Pro's - good going forward, versatility, box to box mentality
Cons - not really a true DM

Yaya
Pro's - amazing
Cons - could be said to go missing sometimes

NDJ
Pro's - tough tackler, fan's favourite
Cons - almost guaranteed a booking, seems to come off bench and upset rhythm/style of play (his fault or Mancini's?)

Based on that, there's definitely a place in the squad for him but he will have to accept thiat his is a squad player's place and he will get the amount of playing time and wages appropriate to a squad player

i hope you are keeping well and ok. forgive my curiousity but have you come here to say poo? i'll be waiting for your response

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:53 am 

Well yeah they would.

I wonder how much Kia is worth. I can't work out if I hate him because he's a c*nt, or if I hate him because he's making an obscene amount of money doing a job I would do for free...

Why would you be a football agent for free? Footballer, maybe but agent?

I bet Gallagheresque wouldn't do it - it involves talking to people

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:55 am 

I Feel quite sorry for Nigel, he is a Tough tackling Midfielder and i think even he knows now no one can tackle for getting booked nowadays, got booked after about 10 mins of coming on the other day for in my eyes was a good tackle.

You take the tackling away from todays game and Nigels game then your taking almost 80% of his game away, not to mention other players as well.

It's becoming a Nancys game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:56 am 

Because it would be an incredible lifestyle. Wining and dining with top football players, invites to football games and functions. Obviously you'd have to be financially independent... If not free then expenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 am 

Gallagheresque wrote:
I Feel quite sorry for Nigel, he is a Tough tackling Midfielder and i think even he knows now no one can tackle for getting booked nowadays, got booked after about 10 mins of coming on the other day for in my eyes was a good tackle.

You take the tackling away from todays game and Nigels game then your taking almost 80% of his game away, not to mention other players as well.

It's becoming a Nancys game.

Nah that tackle was definitely dangerous, I can see why he got booked for it. Potential leg-breaker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:58 am 

I'm the quiet,silent aggressive kind of guy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:00 pm 

I don't think it would be that great a lifestyle. Read somewhere that a player agent has 4 mobile phones he uses during transfer window and a bill of £2500 for the month. Sleeps fuck all during that time. That said he would be dead quiet for long stretches.

I agree with all that Nods said. I still want NDJ at City. Dude is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 pm 

Further to that, I could think of over 100 things I would rather do than wine and dine with the majority of footballers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:03 pm 

Danny's Studs wrote:
I don't think it would be that great a lifestyle. Read somewhere that a player agent has 4 mobile phones he uses during transfer window and a bill of £2500 for the month. Sleeps fuck all during that time. That said he would be dead quiet for long stretches.

I agree with all that Nods said. I still want NDJ at City. Dude is great.

How does that work - you can get unlimited calls on a £30 a month tarrif these days.

Yeah I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as I imagine, but I'd definitely do it for a year to rub shoulders with people you'd otherwise queue up to get their autograph. You could steal their jewellery and stuff too to make up for lack of wages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:04 pm 

Nah that tackle was definitely dangerous, I can see why he got booked for it. Potential leg-breaker.

OK so i don't remember the tackle as such but thats the kind of player he is, he wants to get the ball and if that involves getting the player as well.......

Seeming were talking about tackles, anyone remember stephen Hunt on Gelson Fernandes who just gotta yellow.

Only a yellow back in the day, all 4 Years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLqF6y_j1zQ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:10 pm 

derrycitizen wrote:
i know he is just after the deal he thinks he is worth but i would have a general rule that anyone who has kia as an agent, sorry advisor, should be shown the door..(cant believe i am saying that about nige)

Could be worse, could be Willy Mckay!

I think its like Refs in a game, if you see or hear too much about them, its not a good sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm 

I can remember Nige kicking some Spaniard during the world cup final and getting away with it, he almost snapped the guy in half. I was in total awe. Nige seems to have such a cool, calm and intelligent character I don't understand why he uses Kia. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:33 pm 

How does that work - you can get unlimited calls on a £30 a month tarrif these days.

Not for that amount, surely?!

Gallagheresque wrote:
OK so i don't remember the tackle as such but thats the kind of player he is, he wants to get the ball and if that involves getting the player as well.......

Seeming were talking about tackles, anyone remember stephen Hunt on Gelson Fernandes who just gotta yellow.

Only a yellow back in the day, all 4 Years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLqF6y_j1zQ

I have long said Stephen Hunt one of the dirtiest players around, he has done this many time, he is also the reason Petr Cech wears a helmet now.

Barna Azul wrote:
Could be worse, could be Willy Mckay!

I think its like Refs in a game, if you see or hear too much about them, its not a good sign.

Now he IS a cock.

Tresidentevil wrote:
I can remember Nige kicking some Spaniard during the world cup final and getting away with it, he almost snapped the guy in half. I was in total awe. Nige seems to have such a cool, calm and intelligent character I don't understand why he uses Kia. :(

On Xabi Alonso.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:41 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeaON2fLeno

here it is. lol :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:52 pm 

I'm guessing you'd be making/receiving a lot of calls from abroad

cheers,

shim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:32 pm 

Absolutely love Nige. Quality footballer, would be nice if he got more starts but of there's any truth that we've offered a six figure sum for wages then i wouldn't expect us to go too far above that.

I really hope he stays but don't want us to go silly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next