Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:40 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Oh right.

It's for Squidge to give opinions on things that nobody asked for.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:43 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Oh right.

It's for Squidge to give opinions on things that nobody asked for.

As long as it benefits someone.

Post subject: Re: De Jong = Class Act
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:55 pm 

Just seen this on Twitter.

Devastated to hear De Jong is up for sale. The man bleeds blue and will be a big loss! #mcfc

No way!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:00 pm 

Gallagheresque wrote:
Just seen this on Twitter...No way!!!

do the math(s)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 pm 

Considering he is one the most important players that is involved in our 'plan B' you can confidently assume he'll be staying. That and he's had such a solid season I really can't see him leaving.

I love my Nige :approve:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm 

that and kia seems to have fallen back in line a bit a bit recently.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:11 pm 

Gobby wrote:
Considering he is one the most important players that is involved in our 'plan B' you can confidently assume he'll be staying. That and he's had such a solid season I really can't see him leaving.

I love my Nige :approve:

I dare you to find a current City player I don't love. DDY.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:36 pm 

?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:51 pm 

honestly it seems the team roles in packs, dejong is part of the micah, hart, and lescott group, they love each other no doubt about it...

tevez is with the zabaletta, silva, aguero pack

our weird eastern european pack - kolarov, dzeko, savic...

nasri hangs with gael, kolo, and yaya..(french/Arsenal pack) which im fairly confident that mario is apart of because i actually do believe Yaya and him are close

Kompany as company just does whatever he wants and everybody respects him

english crew - barry, milner, AJ

I imagine most are happy at the club..

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm 

legendarybc wrote:
honestly it seems the team roles in packs, dejong is part of the micah, hart, and lescott group, they love each other no doubt about it...

tevez is with the zabaletta, silva, aguero pack

our weird eastern european pack - kolarov, dzeko, savic...

nasri hangs with gael, kolo, and yaya..(french/Arsenal pack) which im fairly confident that mario is apart of because i actually do believe Yaya and him are close

Kompany as company just does whatever he wants and everybody respects him

english crew - barry, milner, AJ

I imagine most are happy at the club..

I believe Kompany hangs around with de Jong (and thus Lescott/Richards); they'll have known each other whilst at Hamburg.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:19 pm 

either way i still think its great that the team gets on like this.... our website is on such a different level than every other club... its great. My roommate (whose a rag fan) never gets to see any highlights of united games (being he hardly watches them except big ones, not real fan) he always catches me watching highlights online and ask me what website im using and i tell him the website of the club i support. his response is usually something along the line of 19 trophies, which i know get to reply, "great, squeaky bum time, you Sh*t your pants"... but he has given credit that our website is top notch.... to much off topic... de jong better stay end of story.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:27 pm 

legendarybc wrote:
either way i still think its great that the team gets on like this.... our website is on such a different level than every other club... its great. My roommate (whose a rag fan) never gets to see any highlights of united games (being he hardly watches them except big ones, not real fan) he always catches me watching highlights online and ask me what website im using and i tell him the website of the club i support. his response is usually something along the line of 19 trophies, which i know get to reply, "great, squeaky bum time, you Sh*t your pants"... but he has given credit that our website is top notch.... to much off topic... de jong better stay end of story.

Pics?

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:37 pm 

legendarybc wrote:
being he hardly watches them except big ones, not real fan... his response is usually something along the line of 19 trophies

how haven't you decked the twat yet?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:54 am 

Quote:
Nigel de Jong insists he wants to stay at Manchester City next season and feels he is a in a 'good position' regarding his contract.

The Netherlands international has 12 months remaining on his current deal at the Etihad Stadium and reports have claimed that talks over an extension have broken down.

However, the 27-year-old is not concerned by the situation and is enjoying being part of the Premier League champions' squad.

"My contract runs for another year, so I'm in a pretty good position," De Jong told NU Sport.

"I want to stay. I've been at the club more than three years and I'm feeling really well.

"I have won the FA Cup and the league title, which are the biggest trophies in England."

De Jong started only 11 games in the league last season en route to City's title success, but he understands the need for Roberto Mancini to rotate his players.

He added: "I saw the club change from complete mayhem at the training facilities into a real top club.

"It's part of the job I occasionally warm the bench. We have a squad rotation system.

"I prefer to play but it's all about the team and we won the title, so it was worth it."

What is that about?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:27 am 

Noel Gallagher's PA wrote:
Quote:
Nigel de Jong insists he wants to stay at Manchester City next season and feels he is a in a 'good position' regarding his contract.

The Netherlands international has 12 months remaining on his current deal at the Etihad Stadium and reports have claimed that talks over an extension have broken down.

However, the 27-year-old is not concerned by the situation and is enjoying being part of the Premier League champions' squad.

"My contract runs for another year, so I'm in a pretty good position," De Jong told NU Sport.

"I want to stay. I've been at the club more than three years and I'm feeling really well.

"I have won the FA Cup and the league title, which are the biggest trophies in England."

De Jong started only 11 games in the league last season en route to City's title success, but he understands the need for Roberto Mancini to rotate his players.

He added: "I saw the club change from complete mayhem at the training facilities into a real top club.

"It's part of the job I occasionally warm the bench. We have a squad rotation system.

"I prefer to play but it's all about the team and we won the title, so it was worth it."

What is that about?

he was signed by hughes wasn't he? not a clue, maybe the training ground has improved since he was here.

he should've seen it in quinn's time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:32 am 

gibbonicus_andronicus wrote:
Quote:

What is that about?

he was signed by hughes wasn't he? not a clue, maybe the training ground has improved since he was here.

hmmmnnn.. suppose. I hope he stays though. Just from watching the clips on the OS, especially the "Behind the Scenes" ones, De Jong just seems like one of those great characters to have in a squad. Always messing around, not acting like an overpaid twat and not having a massive ego! And by the looks of it, he gets on with absolutely everyone too, including Mario (he is always going up to Mario when he scores in a game talking to him,probably trying to encourage or calm him down).
I just feel it will be a huge blow to the winning squad we have now, if De Jong leaves........i like the guy!! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:38 am 

hmmmnnn.. suppose. I hope he stays though. Just from watching the clips on the OS, especially the "Behind the Scenes" ones, De Jong just seems like one of those great characters to have in a squad. Always messing around, not acting like an overpaid twat and not having a massive ego! And by the looks of it, he gets on with absolutely everyone too, including Mario (he is always going up to Mario when he scores in a game talking to him,probably trying to encourage or calm him down).
I just feel it will be a huge blow to the winning squad we have now, if De Jong leaves........i like the guy!! :shock:[/quote]

I completely agree mate, he does seem all of that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:29 am 

Gobby wrote:

?

Brilliant. :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am 

When I read this on sky I cheered. I love the man. More than happy to have you stay pal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7