Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:38 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Micah Richards
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:53 am 

fuck. At least Zaba is back

Quote:
Richards facing three months out

Manchester City defender Micah Richards could be facing a long spell on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on a knee injury suffered during Saturday's 1-0 win over Swansea.

Richards collapsed in an off-the-ball incident during the second half, instantly clutching his knee as his night came to a premature end. Oxygen was administered as the defender was helped off after a lengthy hold-up.

The 23-year-old underwent surgery at a Manchester hospital on Monday afternoon to mend torn knee cartilage that will almost certainly rule him out of the must-win Champions League clash with Ajax and a league showdown with Tottenham before Christmas.

Indeed, some reports have suggested that he will be out for at least three months.

Elsewhere, though, there was better news on the injury front as City winger David Silva returned to England after spending a week in Spain having physio on a hamstring injury and right-back Pablo Zabaleta is likely to be available for this Saturday's Premier League encounter against West Ham after recovering from his own hamstring strain.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 am 

O Blue wrote:

Quote:

Manchester City defender Micah Richards could be facing a long spell on the sidelines after undergoing surgery on a knee injury suffered during Saturday's 1-0 win over Swansea.

Richards collapsed in an off-the-ball incident during the second half, instantly clutching his knee as his night came to a premature end. Oxygen was administered as the defender was helped off after a lengthy hold-up.

The 23-year-old underwent surgery at a Manchester hospital on Monday afternoon to mend torn knee cartilage that will almost certainly rule him out of the must-win Champions League clash with Ajax and a league showdown with Tottenham before Christmas.

Indeed, some reports have suggested that he will be out for at least three months.

Elsewhere, though, there was better news on the injury front as City winger David Silva returned to England after spending a week in Spain having physio on a hamstring injury and right-back Pablo Zabaleta is likely to be available for this Saturday's Premier League encounter against West Ham after recovering from his own hamstring strain.

If it's right it could have been a lot worse. Cartliage damage much better than ligament damage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 am 

Our Tommy wrote:
O Blue wrote:

Quote:

If it's right it could have been a lot worse. Cartliage damage much better than ligament damage.

True but your cartliage crumbling at the age of 23 is not a good sign.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:59 am 

Torn knee cartilage crumble. Sounds like a Jamie Oliver recipe doesn't it?

Hasn't Micah had knee trouble in the past?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:22 am 

I thought it might be one of those tears. I had one about three years ago. It sucks. Painful as fuck and you can't bend your leg.

As least he won't be spending two months waiting for an op on the NHS, unable to bend his leg like I was. :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:33 am 

Oh right, I thought it was one of those tears Image which are hurtful both physically and emotionally and basically untreatable, only time can help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:49 am 

South East Citizen wrote:
Our Tommy wrote:

Bastard wrote:
I thought it might be one of those tears. I had one about three years ago. It sucks. Painful as fuck and you can't bend your leg.

As least he won't be spending two months waiting for an op on the NHS, unable to bend his leg like I was.

It's not fun at all! I'm out until September next year at the absolute earliest. Had the meniscus in my left knee completely removed as well as an ACL reconstruction. I've been told to avoid long distance running and prolonged periods of "harsh" movement... Also, hello arthritis :(

Depending on the severity of his injury and depending if he has to have the cartilage removed, it could potentially be very bad news.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:06 pm 

Gobby wrote:
Depending on the severity of his injury and depending if he has to have the cartilage removed, it could potentially be very bad news.

Um, yeah Gobby, you need to like read the bit of the article that says he had surgery to repair his cartilage. ^^^

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:15 pm 

Removing the cartilage still is mending the tear. And since when do you take articles to be 100% accurate?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:20 pm 

No it's not!

and

rarely.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:29 pm 

It is!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:46 pm 

MEN saying 4 months out.....

Manchester City's Micah Richards is stretchered off against Swansea Manchester City's Micah Richards is stretchered off against Swansea

Manchester City defender Micah Richards has undergone surgery on a knee injury and could be out for up to four months.

The 24-year-old had an operation late on Monday night after sustaining the problem in Saturday's 1-0 Barclays Premier League win over Swansea.

Richards told www.mcfc.co.uk : “The positive thing is that the injury has been repaired so the knee will be as good as new.

“I have a brace on it and I am using crutches. I can’t do anything at all for the next four to six weeks and I am probably looking at 12-16 weeks before I am back in action.

“I knew straight away in the game that it was quite a bad injury. The knee locked and I couldn’t straighten it.

“I suppose it could have been even worse and not repairable which would have meant removing the meniscus; so I am being positive. Injuries are all part and parcel of the job but this coming on top of the other one I do feel a little hard done to!

“I will be working as hard as I can to get back as quickly as I can and I thank all the fans who have sent their best wishes.”

The lay-off is yet another setback for Richards who missed the start of the season with an ankle injury sustained playing for Great Britain during the London 2012 Olympics.

He made his return earlier this month in the 3-0 win at home to Sunderland but after just three further appearances he finds himself sidelined once again.

Richards collapsed in agony clutching his right knee in the closing stages of Saturday's game.

After lengthy treatment, which contributed to an additional 12 minutes being added on at the end of the match, he left the field on a stretcher and wearing an oxygen mask

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:56 pm 

Micah wrote:
“I suppose it could have been even worse and not repairable which would have meant removing the meniscus;

LOL, Micah's stupid! Doesn;t he know that removing the meniscus is the same as doing a repair?!? :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:49 pm 

Hahaha yeah yeah aright!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:03 am 

Gobby wrote:
South East Citizen wrote:
Our Tommy wrote:

Bastard wrote:

As least he won't be spending two months waiting for an op on the NHS, unable to bend his leg like I was.

It's not fun at all! I'm out until September next year at the absolute earliest. Had the meniscus in my left knee completely removed as well as an ACL reconstruction. I've been told to avoid long distance running and prolonged periods of "harsh" movement... Also, hello arthritis :(

Lucky you. It really really hurts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 am 

Bastard wrote:
Micah wrote:
“I suppose it could have been even worse and not repairable which would have meant removing the meniscus;

LOL, Micah's stupid! Doesn;t he know that removing the meniscus is the same as doing a repair?!? :p

Technically everything is a repair, but I actually had my meniscus sewn back, not removed.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:22 pm 

Back in 3 to 4 weeks. :dance:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:57 pm 

CitySlicker wrote:
Bastard wrote:
Micah wrote:

Technically everything is a repair, but I actually had my meniscus sewn back, not removed.

Technically, if you've had the meniscus taken out you haven't had it repaired.

I also had mine sewn up. Fairly innocuous procedure.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 am 

Our Tommy wrote:
Back in 3 to 4 weeks. :dance:

I thought it was 12 to16?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:04 pm 

It is in the same proportions as actual penis size and what a person actually thinks it is

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next