Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:27 am 

Bastard wrote:
This. Got a lot of respect for the bloke.

The signing of Hargreaves shoes Mancini up to be a bit of a bullshitter imo - he made it quite plain that he wasn't prepared to have anyone in his 25 man squad who he couldn't be sure would train twice a day, that was his (lame) excuse for not using Bellamy. How exactly does the signing of Hargreaves fit in with that statement?

Manini should have just come out and told the truth. The snide shit-house.

Nah...as a manager he could have gone two ways, when Bellamy said at first training session 'Ah'm no' doen tha' boss, no whey like.'. He could either have swallowed it and put up and other players realised they can do it their way if they want OR he makes a point out of a 32yr old player in front of the others that there is only one boss. Only going to be one winner there. And interestingly enough for a person who is never backward in saying how he feels Bellamy has always been very diplomatic and respectful of Roberto since.

Then Hargreaves comes along at a time that City need more players, presents virtually no logistical headaches (visas, accommodation etc), as a free transfer and an enormously talented and experienced player. No brainer for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:29 am 

Great player. Should still be in Citys squad now. Puts Liverpool back in the mixer.... mancini bruv you've had a fucking stinker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:30 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Nah...as a manager he could have gone two ways, when Bellamy said at first training session 'Ah'm no' doen tha' boss, no whey like.'. He could either have swallowed it and put up and other players realised they can do it their way if they want OR he makes a point out of a 32yr old player in front of the others that there is only one boss. Only going to be one winner there. And interestingly enough for a person who is never backward in saying how he feels Bellamy has always been very diplomatic and respectful of Roberto since.

Then Hargreaves comes along at a time that City need more players, presents virtually no logistical headaches (visas, accommodation etc), as a free transfer and an enormously talented and experienced player. No brainer for me.

Aye. Hargreaves is a win win situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:17 am 

loved bellamy as a player, i was one of the haters when he signed

however, in a player v manager match up, the manager has to win, every time

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:26 am 

Timps, in a tussle between a 20yr old hotty v 30/40yr old pissed up horny bloke, who do you think should win?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:30 am 

Danny's Studs wrote:
Timps, in a tussle between a 20yr old hotty v 30/40yr old pissed up horny bloke, who do you think should win?

the hotty, girls fight dirty

Aguero

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:07 pm 

Bastard wrote:
I do wonder whether this is true though - especially of Bellamy. The impression I've always had was that he's a good character in the dressing room and was the first to get stuck into Robinho & Jo when they weren't pulling their weight.

I remember a scene from Blue Moon Rising in the dressing room. I think it was the second leg of the carling cup semi.

Bellemy was making a lot of noise, shouting, banging his fist in his palm and that sort of thing. His intentions seemed to be to fire everyone up for the coming game but Mancini seemed to be unable to get a word in.

It struck me as a time when Mancini might have wanted to encourage his players to focus and concentrate on tactics, and maybe have particular things to say to particular players.

I remember thinking wanting to do things in a particular way would be difficult with a shouty scrote like bellers running around.

I love Bellemy though, just think it's probably better for the team as a whole that he left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:16 pm 

Khabom wrote:
I remember a scene from Blue Moon Rising in the dressing room. I think it was the second leg of the carling cup semi.

Bellemy was making a lot of noise, shouting, banging his fist in his palm and that sort of thing. His intentions seemed to be to fire everyone up for the coming game but Mancini seemed to be unable to get a word in.

It struck me as a time when Mancini might have wanted to encourage his players to focus and concentrate on tactics, and maybe have particular things to say to particular players.

I remember thinking wanting to do things in a particular way would be difficult with a shouty scrote like bellers running around.

I love Bellemy though, just think it's probably better for the team as a whole that he left.

Gave me goose bumps that bit. Telling everyone that this was a time to stand up and be counted, a moment they'll look back on after their careers were over. Ade sat next to him with his head in his hands like he'd just been given 30 seconds to live... Before the match this is, not a good sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 pm 

Timpblue wrote:
loved bellamy as a player, i was one of the haters when he signed

however, in a player v manager match up, the manager has to win, every time

This. Unquestionable passion drive and commitment, but too gobby.
LKBlue wrote:
Great player. Should still be in Citys squad now. Puts Liverpool back in the mixer.... mancini bruv you've had a fucking stinker

They were already tbf, having a striker who's fit for half the games makes no difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:51 pm 

Can't shake the feeling this will come back to haunt us. I suspect whether it's Richards or Zabs at RB against him he'll be more than confident of tearing them a new one for 90 minutes. He's probably done it hundreds of times in training.

Only saving grace is that he's probably going to be just as fired up playing against the Munichs as he is playing against us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:00 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Can't shake the feeling this will come back to haunt us. I suspect whether it's Richards or Zabs at RB against him he'll be more than confident of tearing them a new one for 90 minutes. He's probably done it hundreds of times in training.

Only saving grace is that he's probably going to be just as fired up playing against the Munichs as he is playing against us.

whooo, slow down there partner......
May i refer to a certain somebodys sig 'bellers got lucky'.....

This is my first say on it since lastnight, and as much as he did a good job, last year he was a in and out player at cardiff, never really went and blitzed the championship or anything never set the world on fire...

He will come in for that suarez when hes out and play a bit part at the dippers, maybe play a bit of golf ...

Always the possibility to come back and haunt us, but hey brothers, thats the city way..
But i think we have done all right, shipped out beller/adebayor/santacrock and a few out on loan..
My only sad one is sweep...10 years, and gave us some epic moments....
good luck lad...

the rest meh....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:09 pm 

South East Citizen wrote:
Gave me goose bumps that bit. Telling everyone that this was a time to stand up and be counted, a moment they'll look back on after their careers were over. Ade sat next to him with his head in his hands like he'd just been given 30 seconds to live... Before the match this is, not a good sign.

Poor bastard was prolly trying to block out bellers shouting and screaming and focus on what he needed to do in the game. :whistle:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:25 pm 

kippax_in_my_blood wrote:
whooo, slow down there partner......
May i refer to a certain somebodys sig 'bellers got lucky'.....

That sig said "Craig Bellamy >>>>>>>>>> Got Lucky" and was proved to be 100% factually correct. GL never really showed his face on here again, so severe was his humiliation at my hands. :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:30 pm 

[quote="gibbonicus_andronicus"]This. Unquestionable passion drive and commitment, but too gobby.

They were already tbf, having a striker who's fit for half the games makes no difference.[/QUOTE]

Will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:24 pm 

I'm with Kippax on this. He's 32 with glass knees coming off a season where he scored 11 goals in 35 games in the Championship.

He gave us some great games and spirit while he was with City, and brought a lot of doubters around to another way of thinking. So thanks for a job well done. But he also has to bear equal responsibility for the circumstances of his leaving.

I expect him to be more of an impact sub for the dippers. (Except against us of course - guaranteed he scores on his first visit to Eastlands.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:58 am 

he's there as a sub/carling cup regular, doubt he'll start more than 10 prem games all year

Aguero

Post subject: Re: Bellamy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:48 pm 

Footballer Craig Bellamy says the death of the former Wales manager Gary Speed has led to the "worst time in my life" and the break-up of his marriage.

The Cardiff City and Wales player told the Sunday Mirror: "All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling."

Ex-Premier League star Speed was found hanged at his Cheshire home last year.

Speed's parents marked what would have been his 43rd birthday with a walk up Moel Famau, Denbighshire, near his childhood home, with family members.

They told Wales on Sunday the family is still coming to terms with his death in November 2011.

"I don't know if that's it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling”

Bellamy, 33, whose former clubs include Liverpool and Manchester City, told the Sunday Mirror he has moved out of the marital home he shared with his wife Claire and their three children.

He said: "Losing my best mate has affected everything. I can't believe how hard it is.

"He was the best mate I've ever had. It's sad but unfortunately it got to my marriage. I'm here and she's there.

"I don't know if that's it for us. All I know is that my best mate has gone. I'm struggling. I can't lie."

Bellamy told the newspaper of his family situation: "I can't tell you how hard it is. It's the worst time in my life ever."

Bellamy was part of the Team GB squad at the Olympics, and last month joined Cardiff on a two-year deal from Liverpool.

Speed's clubs included Leeds, Newcastle, Everton, and Bolton, and he managed Sheffield United.

A coroner at the inquest in January said he could not be satisfied that Speed intended to kill himself

Post subject: Re: Bellamy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:04 am 

His autobiography could be an interesting read to say the least, may give it a go.

The atmosphere at Manchester City quickly became tense under Roberto Mancini when he took over in December 2009.

The mood changed. He was not worried about whether players liked him or not. It was of no interest to him.

You could walk past him and he would not even say hello.

Brian Kidd was brought in to be the good cop. But he didn’t really have much of a line into Roberto.

He had no say whatsoever, from what I could see.

I was out for two weeks because of a knee injury and when I came back to training and did some running, Roberto said I would be running the next day, too.

I said I couldn’t do two days in a row because it would aggravate my long-standing knee problems.

He said I had been off for two weeks, so I had to. I told him I couldn’t. I had to stick to my programme.

Roberto called me into his office for a meeting with him, his fitness coach and the club doctor.

He was confrontational from the start.

“Is it OK for you to be out for two weeks and think you can decide what you are doing?” he said.

“I am sticking to my programme, that’s all,” I said. “It has kept me fit all season and I don’t want to risk being injured now.”

“OK, then, you have been away for two weeks,” he said. “Now you can go home for the rest of the season. Go on.”

“What are you on about?” I said.

“Well, you don’t want to train,” he said.

“It’s not that I don’t want to train,” I told him. “I know my knee. I know it will react tomorrow if I train again. And if it doesn’t, my hamstrings will.

“No, no, no,” he yelled.

I went in the next day and trained, but Roberto and I didn’t speak after that.

That was a cut-off.

That was him done with me, really.

Rafa Benitez was harsh. Roberto wasn’t far behind.

He didn’t freeze me out - I still played and put in some good performances - but it became common knowledge we’d had a big ­disagreement and the tension between us grew.

At the end of March, we lost to Everton at ­Eastlands and David Moyes and Mancini had a bout of ­handbags on the touchline.

David Moyes (R) confronts Manchester City's Italian manager Roberto Mancini (L) Toffee Hammer: Moyes gives Mancini an earful in March 2010
Getty

At the end of the match, Moyes came up to me and we had a bit of a chat.

“What about you two, pushing and shoving?” I said. “Why don’t you just have a fight?”

We had a bit of a laugh about it, and that was it.

The next thing I know, there were rumours that I was being investigated by the club because I had told Moyes he should have battered Mancini.

Or ­something like that.

It was bizarre, but it did worry me a bit.

I didn’t want Roberto to turn against me completely.

Click here for Bellamy's emotional reaction to pal Gary Speed's death

Click here for why Robinho was a disgrace at Manchester City

Click here for our first day's extracts from Bellamy's book - THAT golf-club bust-up with John Arne Riise, being threatened by Alan Shearer and the two sides of David Moyes.

GRAB YOUR COPY Craig Bellamy: GoodFella, written and adapted by Oliver Holt, RRP £18.99, is published on Monday, June 3. Mirror readers can buy it for the discounted price of £15.99 from mirrorcollection.co.uk or by calling 0845 143 0001.

Craig Bellamy is donating all his proceeds to the Craig Bellamy Foundation - visit www.craigbellamyfoundation.org for details

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ni-1924768

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 458 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23