Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:46 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I disagree, at least in terms of kids. Peer pressure is very difficult to resist and at an impressionable age, those around you are the ones that influence you. Parents, mates, role-models, they all influence the person we become. If everyone tells you one thing, how exactly are you supposed to form an open-minded opinion. We only know right from wrong because we learn it.

Thanks Emigre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:02 pm 

i think they should be terms as they are getting paid a lot and should keep their body is top condition to perform to their peak. not filling it with booze and picking up STDs. regarding being a good role model. i dont think that many kids read the news of the world. i think behaviour on the pitch is more important regarding being a good sportsman and showing respect to others etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:26 pm 

More paper suggestions of a lack of discipline, and a degree of favouritism from Sven.

[color="Blue"]New Manchester City manager Mark Hughes will clamp down on discipline after complaints that Sven Goran Eriksson was too lax.

Hughes, who has to get his players ready for the start of the UEFA Cup in July, will discover that several players were unhappy his predecessor allowed senior foreign players to get away with poor punctuality and ignored dress code.

A source close to the club said: 'Everyone liked Sven but some players ignored the rules and got away with it. The players would be told what to wear for games or at the training ground but some of the players wouldn't follow it.

'Nothing was done, though - Sven was a bit soft and there was a bit of unhappiness about it behind the scenes.'[/color]

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:40 pm 

Emigre wrote:
I disagree, at least in terms of kids. Peer pressure is very difficult to resist and at an impressionable age, those around you are the ones that influence you. Parents, mates, role-models, they all influence the person we become. If everyone tells you one thing, how exactly are you supposed to form an open-minded opinion. We only know right from wrong because we learn it.

bullshit, i was a kid not long ago and i never gave into peer pressure, evryone of my mates would smoke and get into mischief and all that shit and i simply made the decison that i didnt wanna get involved, even tho they were pestering me calling me a faggot i necer once gave in. its all up to the indivudual to stand on their own feet and not just follw the crowd, its a piss weak way out IMO

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:44 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
bullshit, i was a kid not long ago and i never gave into peer pressure, evryone of my mates would smoke and get into mischief and all that shit and i simply made the decison that i didnt wanna get involved, even tho they were pestering me calling me a faggot i necer once gave in. its all up to the indivudual to stand on their own feet and not just follw the crowd, its a piss weak way out IMO

faggot. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:45 pm 

Homophobe

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:14 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:

Good lad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:21 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:

Aww, I'm welling up, lovely story. However, not everyone is the same Miggs. SOME people, now I'm not saying all, but some people are influenced by what goes on. How can you take your life experiences and apply it to the world's population? There is a slight problem over in Britain where there are far too many kids thinking that they are something they are not, and the inflated egos of high profile "stars" is partially to blame.

Well done for standing up to them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:59 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:

well done i too stood up to bullies but not everyone is strong enough to do this and so get carried along with it, if you know what i mean