Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:46 am 

ESM wrote:
The taxi driver is correct, when we bought Samaras the deal was structured, we didn't pay £6m up front. If we off load for £3-4m we'll break even at least.

Well at least we recognised some risk in his transfer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:07 am 

Seems Georgy is in some demand:

[color="Blue"]Celtic could face a battle from Serie A side Lazio in their bid to tie down striker Georgios Samaras on a permanent deal

The Greek striker spent the second half of last season on loan at Parkhead from Manchester City, netting five SPL goals in the process and manager Gordon Strachan is now reportedly keen to sign him permanently.

However, the Hoops may face competition in their quest to wrap up the deal after Lazio expressed their interest in signing the 23-year-old.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito told the Daily Record: "Samaras is a player we're considering and we'll see what happens. I can confirm we're actively trying to sign a striker and hope to secure a deal for one any day soon."

Newly-promoted Lecce are also rumoured to be keen on Samaras as they plan for life in Serie A next season. [/color]

These are the cries of the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:09 am 
Labmonkey wrote:
Seems Georgy is in some demand:

[color="Blue"]Celtic could face a battle from Serie A side Lazio in their bid to tie down striker Georgios Samaras on a permanent deal

The Greek striker spent the second half of last season on loan at Parkhead from Manchester City, netting five SPL goals in the process and manager Gordon Strachan is now reportedly keen to sign him permanently.

However, the Hoops may face competition in their quest to wrap up the deal after Lazio expressed their interest in signing the 23-year-old.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito told the Daily Record: "Samaras is a player we're considering and we'll see what happens. I can confirm we're actively trying to sign a striker and hope to secure a deal for one any day soon."

Newly-promoted Lecce are also rumoured to be keen on Samaras as they plan for life in Serie A next season. [/color]

If he's wanted by so many clubs he must be good. Perhaps we should buy him. Seriously though, if there's a scrap them we might even get our money back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:32 pm 

i'll buy him if it gets him off citys books! he can be my maid although his slow static nature and complete clumsiness (judging by his football talent) may irritate me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:18 pm 

Sack the taxi fare,ill carry him on my back just to save some money!!!Get rid ASAP doesnt want to play for us and im glad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:01 am 

cant see us getting anymore than 3.5 mill tbh, but that is still a win for us.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"