Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 am 

On-loan Manchester City striker Nery Castillo is not seeking alternative employment despite a disappointing first six months with the club.

Castillo is halfway through a one-year deal at Eastlands but reports recently have linked the 23-year-old with a return to Mexico and Guadalajara.

Castillo is still contracted to Shakhtar Donetsk having joined the Ukrainians on a permanent transfer a year ago.

Castillo’s agent Juan Carlos Padilla does not expect his client to cut short his loan stay at City, despite the uncertainty surrounding the future of manager Sven Goran Eriksson and the minimal impact the player has made in his first six months with the club.

Padilla told Mediotiempo.com: "I have not talked to any Guadalajara director.

"I'm sure Nery will complete his spell in Europe. Nery is a very young player and we know he is going to have a superb form soon.

"He is an important player in an important team, so I have to say that, at least at this moment, it is a definitive 'no'."

Padilla added: "Even though it has been a difficult year for Nery, we cannot think about going back.

"When players succeed in football is because they know how to step up. Next season, he will succeed.

"Then we'll see if he can play in Mexico, but it will happen in five to nine years."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:29 am 

Not sure if he's cut out for the Prem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:53 am 

Castillo really hated Ukraine. No surprised he stays rather in England than going back there.

Castillo is an extremely good player so it was a disappointment that he showed so little.

I have to agree with bassman maybe he is not cut for the PL because of the physical play.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:00 am 

i think he will come good, he has class and pace. just needs a run in the team to get used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:02 am 

needs to spend a few months at kfc to put about 10 kgs on and then he will be alright.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 am 
Great little player. Lightweight sure, but then so was Kinkladze. He got that nasty shoulder injury that put him out at a crucial time, but I'd still like to see him have a run in the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:07 am 

he showed glimpses againt the spuds so i guess it will be interesting to see him get a decent run in the team

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:09 am 

Emigre wrote:
Great little player. Lightweight sure, but then so was Kinkladze. He got that nasty shoulder injury that put him out at a crucial time, but I'd still like to see him have a run in the team.

there is always a place in a team for players like Castillo. however, the rest of the team has to carry them to an extent, so that this sort of player is able to shine. plus if they are willing to work at it, they will do well.

no no no, i like the foreigners. it's those c nts in white football shirts that get on my tits. - GA (on England)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:14 am 
Frank Blue wrote:
there is always a place in a team for players like Castillo. however, the rest of the team has to carry them to an extent, so that this sort of player is able to shine. plus if they are willing to work at it, they will do well.

Very true. Unfortunately we didn't have the players capable of carrying Kinky, but we probably do now. I get the feeling that Castillo is a bit of a grafter and prepared to run so that should stand him in good stead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 am 

he takes them on a bit too much though, sure you need someone running at the defenders but it seemed as if he would always take em on, run sideways then lose the ball.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:17 am 

Miggs V3 wrote:
he takes them on a bit too much though, sure you need someone running at the defenders but it seemed as if he would always take em on, run sideways then lose the ball.

i think that was also down to the other player's movement not being good enough when he was on the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:59 pm 

Lets see how he does next season. Vast improvement needed before he can be considered for a permanent transfer. As for the price... At the moment, nowhere near the 10 million bracket that was talked about last season. More like 4, and that's being kind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm 

Miggs V3 wrote:
needs to spend a few months at kfc to put about 10 kgs on and then he will be alright.

SWP does ok.