Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 pm 

Wales striker Ched Evans is in line for his greatest international honour tomorrow as he prepares with John Toshack’s senior squad ahead of their friendly with Iceland.
After seven goals in five Under 21 Qualifiers, including a match winning hat trick against France, Evans has been tipped to feature at some point in Reykjavik and earn his first senior Welsh cap in the process.

The 19-year-old showed great form during the season, helping the Under 21s to the top of their Qualifying Group, and at club level Evans hit 10 goals for Norwich during a 28 appearance loan spell.

Speaking ahead of Wales’ visit to Reykjavik, Ched revealed: "It was a big step up going into the Championship on loan at Norwich.

“I scored a few goals and got some experience and since then I have been training with the first team at City.

“All that has got me into the Wales squad, it couldn't be better. It has made me proud and my family proud. A first cap would be a great moment.

"For me to maybe win my first full cap for Wales this week either in Iceland or Holland would be the perfect end to a great season for me.

"There are a lot of youngsters in this squad, a lot of us have come through with the Under-21s, so it is not as scary as it would be if I was just on my own going into the squad."

Now back with the Blues after his successful time at Carrow Road, Ched is already looking forward to next season.

He said: “I am really pleased with the way things have gone [last season], the loan spell at Norwich worked well, but I am back at Manchester City now.

“I have grown up there and I want to play in the first team there now and be a regular.

"When I go back for pre-season, I will be firing on all cylinders and trying to impress.”

Elsewhere on international duty, goalkeeper Andreas Isaksson kept a clean sheet yesterday as Sweden warmed up for Euro 2008 with a 1-0 win over Slovenia, former Everton midfielder Tobias Linderoth scored the only goal of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:48 pm 

Lets just remind ourselves how good this kid can be.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBV5KhHOv0 Hi best strike is at the end against cardiff, stunning 45 yard strike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:15 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Lets just remind ourselves how good this kid can be.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBV5KhHOv0 Hi best strike is at the end against cardiff, stunning 45 yard strike.

nice video, great goals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:55 pm 

but like sturridge he will be forced to wait a couple of years before being used sparingly as a subsitute for the leeague team.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:15 am 

MCFC_Boss wrote:
nice video, great goals.

I tried watching it but Blink 182's whining vocals forced me to turn it off.

(Not really, just turned the volume down. Evans looks good.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:17 am 

blink are aawesome, well atleast their early stuff was. NOt their new shit.

I was born with "
methemoglobinemia"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:27 pm 

He has scored tonight for the full Wales squad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:29 pm 

Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire (originally from denton mcr)
well done Ched.....now get him playing for the blues

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:31 pm 
blueinyorkshire wrote:

He appears to have everything. Got to give him a chance next year. he could save us a fucking fortune.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:12 am 

blueinyorkshire wrote:

Hopefully we won't see him leaves for another loan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:27 pm 

Ched Evans has revealed that he hopes to have another chance to shine on the international stage this weekend as Wales take on Holland.
The 19-year-old scored what proved to be the match-winning strike against Iceland on Wednesday and now the City hitman has turned his attention to a tough test on Sunday.

He said: "Scoring on my debut does not make me think that international football is easy, but I cannot wait to have another crack at it.

"If I get onto the pitch on Sunday it will be a massive game for me and the team, and hopefully we can come away with another decent result."

And after hitting 10 goals in 28 appearances on loan at Norwich, Evans has clearly felt the benefit of regular first team football this season.

Ched added: "It has been a great season for me and this has just topped it off for me and it was great to keep the unbeaten run going. Wales have not lost in six now and we will be going to Holland full of confidence.

"I am just pleased to be playing, and scoring is my job. So it is always a bonus when they go in. I think everyone at home will be pleased for me and of course all the lads here are delighted that we won the [Iceland] game.

"It was a good team performance even though it was not a very good game to watch, but we got the result which was great for the fans who turned up."

Leon Collins

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:11 pm 

Cardiff want him on loan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:05 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:

Hopefully it isn't gonna happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:20 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:

That'd be up to any new manager surely? And unless the new manager is someone already familier with the player and of the opinion he aint ready, I would say he needs to stay put at city and try to force himself into the new managers plans. If he can't do that by christmas, then maybe go out on loan again.