Manchester City Forums

This is a discussion forum for Manchester City Football Club fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gio Kinkladze
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:24 pm 

thought some of you would like to see this video of the most loved player to ever play for us and possibly the most gifted footballers to ever play in the prem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7BuNzATQsw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:33 pm 

Wasted talent after he went. Im halfway through this vid and the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck....genius!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:43 pm 

On his day he was truly sublime. Watching that reminds me how much better he was than everybody else around him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:46 pm 

Couldn't be arsed watching all that. Can you edit it down so its about 2 minutes long please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:49 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Couldn't be arsed watching all that. Can you edit it down so its about 2 minutes long please?

Georgi deserves a long video :D

i might make a shorter one another day but i wouldnt know which clips to leave out lol

if only he played for a top team before he mentally lost it. looking back he should have accepted the offers from barcelona or milan instead of staying with us after the first relegation. we can only speculate on what could have been :(

just imaging him in todays squad instead of possibly the worst premiership side in history

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm 

goat261 wrote:
the worst premiership side in history

Nah, we were often pure shite that season but we did put in the odd decent performance - Newcastle and Liverpool home games were absolute belters. I thought we were worse when we went down with Royle.

Some good goals in the video though, agreed. That run against Oxford away was a beauty - looks a bit like Maradona.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:57 pm 

Bastard wrote:
Nah, we were often pure shite that season but we did put in the odd decent performance - Newcastle and Liverpool home games were absolute belters. I thought we were worse when we went down with Royle.

Some good goals in the video though, agreed. That run against Oxford away was a beauty - looks a bit like Maradona.

yeah i was at both of those games too. 3-3 and 2-2, best games ive ever seen. still dont know how we didnt beat liverpool (bloody david james) and the end could only happen with city lol. our players thinking a point is enough so they hold the ball in the corner while Quinn flies up off the bench and goes running down the line screming WE NEED ANOTHER!!! WE NEED ANOHTER!!!!! lol.

Kinkladze against newcastle was the best individual performance i have seen by any player in a single game. infact all the clips against newcastle in that video were from that game. The shot which clips the bar hit me in the face lol (i cherish that moment because it was gio lol)

i think if you take kinkladze out of that team we would have been much worse than the royale team which was relegated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:00 pm 

you may well be right. Trying to think of other decent players in the starting XI other than Niall and Gio is a bit of a challenge.

Erm, Scott Hiley? He looked alright for about half an hour, pre injury.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:04 pm 

Bastard wrote:
you may well be right. Trying to think of other decent players in the starting XI other than Niall and Gio is a bit of a challenge.

Erm, Scott Hiley? He looked alright for about half an hour, pre injury.

we had a few others who were decent at times like Lomas and Flictcroft but there was just so many crap players playing in the first 11.

anyone remember that young lads name who Ball said was going to be the first 10m player? hes the one who hits the post from 5 yards after kinkladze lays it on a plate for him. possibly the worst footballer i have ever seen in the flesh :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:08 pm 

Phillips. Absolute toilet.

We'd signed Bradbury by that point hadn't we? It was a very poor set of players. :rolleyes:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:09 pm 

goat261 wrote:
we had a few others who were decent at times like Lomas and Flictcroft but there was just so many crap players playing in the first 11.

anyone remember that young lads name who Ball said was going to be the first 10m player? hes the one who hits the post from 5 yards after kinkladze lays it on a plate for him. possibly the worst footballer i have ever seen in the flesh :(

How strange i only mentioned him a post before. His name was Buster Phillips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:14 pm 

cheers, going to see if i can find out what happend to him. there must have been some reason why Ball rated him so highley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:17 pm 

goat261 wrote:
cheers, going to see if i can find out what happend to him. there must have been some reason why Ball rated him so highley

I watched him at Hyde utd one night and thought wtf is this clown doing. He was 5 stone wet and truly talent less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:18 pm 

goat261 wrote:
there must have been some reason why Ball rated him so highley

Ball was a fucking clueless football manager. That's your reason right there, God rest his soul.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:55 pm 

Im stumped about kinkys decline. That video was just amazing, he truly was a genius, probs the best player in my era for city by far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:02 pm 
Sublime player. Possibly the finest player ever to play in England but he just couldn't adjust to being one of many stars in the Ajax team.

I always feel guilty that we couldn't give him the success he deserved. The rest of our team shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:04 pm 

Emigre wrote:
Sublime player. Possibly the finest player ever to play in England but he just couldn't adjust to being one of many stars in the Ajax team.

I always feel guilty that we couldn't give him the success he deserved. The rest of our team shit.

Too many pot noodles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:05 pm 

Chicken Balti Pie wrote:
Im stumped about kinkys decline. That video was just amazing, he truly was a genius, probs the best player in my era for city by far.

when Royale dropped him because of the "unhealthy obbsession the fans and the club had over kinkladze" he supposedly became depressed and then that became even worse when he moved to Ajax. the managr was sacked soon after and he fell out with the replacement so hardly played which made him more depressed which in turn made him a worse player (such a viscious cirlce which he didnt recover from)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:10 pm 
The thing that used to strike me most about Kinky was his distribution. In all the years watching him play I can barely remember a single pass that didn't reach it's intended target. For all his runs, clever tricks and spectacular goals, the fact that he never gave the ball away was one of his most striking qualities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:25 pm 

goat261 wrote:
when Royale dropped him because of the "unhealthy obbsession the fans and the club had over kinkladze" he supposedly became depressed and then that became even worse when he moved to Ajax. the managr was sacked soon after and he fell out with the replacement so hardly played which made him more depressed which in turn made him a worse player (such a viscious cirlce which he didnt recover from)

And lived on pot noodles.